Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

I don't think Scomo is the option for next PM and doesn't deserve a second term at all but Albo has done nothing to install confidence either.

Clearly letting the Libs hang themselves but sooner or later he has to do, or say something.

You can't Stephen Bradbury it into the top job, that won't work.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think Scomo is the option for next PM and doesn't deserve a second term at all but Albo has done nothing to install confidence either.

Clearly letting the Libs hang themselves but sooner or later he has to do, or say something.

You can't Stephen Bradbury it into the top job, that won't work.

The ALP were severely burned by the last federal election.

Shorten (who in my opinion was never electable, just not popular enough with the man in the street) and his team put forward several Keating style policies that is easy fodder for the opposition in this day and age.

The new rule number one is don’t stick your neck out until you’re in power.

All Labor have to do is not *smile* the bed. The Morrison regime are busily hanging themselves by gaslighting the public as often as they can.

Albo and his team should run a negative campaign. All they have to say is ‘look at this bloke, do we want another term of lies and deceit’.

It’s an easy lay up for the ALP if they concentrate on Scott Morrison in their campaign.

ScoMo will be the candidate because Dutton and Frydenburg are not popular enough.

As an aside to the Submarine fiasco -

around 350 small to medium sized businesses in South Australia have sunk at least 35 Million into getting prepared for the related work around the contract... money they don't expect to get back...

so in essence this decision has cost not only jobs, but a lot of peoples time, energy and maybe their livelihoods..

there hasn't been a lot of talk about this ....

As an aside to the Submarine fiasco -

around 350 small to medium sized businesses in South Australia have sunk at least 35 Million into getting prepared for the related work around the contract... money they don't expect to get back...

so in essence this decision has cost not only jobs, but a lot of peoples time, energy and maybe their livelihoods..

there hasn't been a lot of talk about this ....
That's how you keep the heat on the France debacle. Pull it back to domestic matters.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure what the issue is on the French submarine cancellation

When the U.S offers to support Australia with superior technology, especially when we live next door to an emerging superpower, the logical reasonable thing to do is to take up their offer.

Could have been handled better, but we were made an offer we could not refuse.

Australia and the world is safer as a result

France will get over it because they have to, thats politics.

We'll never see Morrison bring a lump of coal into parliament again, he has seen the light on green hydrogen. I'm surprised he didn't drag a bottle of it onto the stage at the COP26 summit. He has been born again when it comes to renewable energy.
Morrison has missed his calling he should be standing at a pulpit preaching to the believers.

Morrison did.
Yep, Morrison got the top job, sneakily picking off his opponents like a sniper.

Not true. Morrison still pulled off the most remarkable election win in Australian politics. The polls had him a mile down two days before.

Labor were raging favorites. Morrison out campagained Labor, he won that election.

Australians won't go for a full negative campaign. The "we can't be worse" theory won't work for you. You have to show why you will be better.

Not true. Morrison still pulled off the most remarkable election win in Australian politics. The polls had him a mile down two days before.

Labor were raging favorites. Morrison out campagained Labor, he won that election.

Australians won't go for a full negative campaign. The "we can't be worse" theory won't work for you. You have to show why you will be better.
I'm talking about how Morrison sneakily backdoored Turnbull. He had been whispering sweet nothings in Turnbull's ear saying I'm with you, we'll make a great team. All along his goal was to knife Turnbull and get the head job.

Krudd me-too'd his way to an election win

Not sure what the issue is on the French submarine cancellation

When the U.S offers to support Australia with superior technology, especially when we live next door to an emerging superpower, the logical reasonable thing to do is to take up their offer.

Could have been handled better, but we were made an offer we could not refuse.

Australia and the world is safer as a result

France will get over it because they have to, thats politics.
Unsure common sense belongs in this debate.

Reactions: 2 users

Labor were raging favorites. Morrison out campaigned Labor, he won that election.

No doubt Morrison campaigned better, but you have that the wrong way round Scooper. Labor had policies, ScoMo had the "promise of Australia for all Australians", and that was it, unless the status quo is a policy. Which it kind of is. The coalition or their proxies successfully ran disinformation campaigns on death taxes and negative gearing. They had their *smile* together with texts and Facebook campaigns.

Labor went too far the other way - too many policies, climate change and other proposals were successfully weaponised against by the coalition ("what will it cost - Labor are bad economic managers"). As mentioned Palmer's intervention in Queensland was important (hi @22nd Man) still waiting for you to reply, unless you just want to snipe.... which is also a fair strategy if you want to play it that way.

Reactions: 4 users

Despite my raging frustrations with Morrison & his cronies, on this basis I'd never ever take a Labor win for granted again.
Uncle Albo? Marginally better than Shorten but barely.

Despite my raging frustrations with Morrison & his cronies, on this basis I'd never ever take a Labor win for granted again.
Uncle Albo? Marginally better than Shorten but barely.
Much prefer Jim Chalmers than Albo. A shame he pulled out of the leadership ballot after the last election. Albo is decent guy, but just doesn't it cut as a prospective PM.

Reactions: 2 users
Much prefer Jim Chalmers than Albo. A shame he pulled out of the leadership ballot after the last election. Albo is decent guy, but just doesn't it cut as a prospective PM.
Jimbo is the way forward, much more impressive.

Labor cannot afford to extend themselves pre-election policy wise.

Win first, rebuild our smoking ruin after.

Labor cannot afford to extend themselves pre-election policy wise.

Win first, rebuild our smoking ruin after.

True, but they do need to actually be visible. At the moment the ALP are largely invisible and Albo is truly terrible at delivering any sort of statement. If they changed leaders I think they would be a better chance but that would also distract from the mess Scomo is trying to deflect. Albo should find an excuse to step down and then the ALP needs to do the numbers and elect a new leader unopposed.

DS

True, but they do need to actually be visible. At the moment the ALP are largely invisible and Albo is truly terrible at delivering any sort of statement. If they changed leaders I think they would be a better chance but that would also distract from the mess Scomo is trying to deflect. Albo should find an excuse to step down and then the ALP needs to do the numbers and elect a new leader unopposed.

DS

Albo doesn't really make headlines. Part of that reason is that to major media outlets have a vested interest in keeping the Libs in Government so Albo doesn't get the media attention previous leaders did. Combine that with his passive, nice guy friendly persona and they just ignore him.

If only Penny Wong wanted to be PM.