Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Government commits to $3.5 Billion in Tanks .... !! ??

Meanwhile .....

I have no idea what purpose they will serve. If my memory serves, when we last bought the earlier version of these tanks it was pointed out that they were too large to fit on any boats we have. Figure the same is true of the newer version.

If they want tanks at least purchase tanks we can use.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
I have no idea what purpose they will serve. If my memory serves, when we last bought the earlier version of these tanks it was pointed out that they were too large to fit on any boats we have. Figure the same is true of the newer version.

If they want tanks at least purchase tanks we can use.

DS
I think Scomos idea is to put em on the new subs. No one else thought of that!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

larabee

#13!
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Government commits to $3.5 Billion in Tanks .... !! ??

Meanwhile .....
And in completely unrelated and totally non-conflict of interest news, Angus Taylor, Christian Porter, Barnaby Joyce and Gerry Harvey have recently become executives in a Tank Building start-up..

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Australia hasn't used tanks since 1971. Smells like the US had some to offload and told us to take them.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We've all been witness to the incompetence and complete inability to plan by this government in the COVID pandemic. Only yesterday there was the ABC report from an infectious diseases expert that they were told in August 2021 of the need to shift to RAT tests and order them back then. The whole Djokavic saga could have been prevented if they had actually assessed his visa application, as the former deputy head of immigration agreed on 7.30 tonight. Then you add in the warnings months before the pull out from Afghanistan, that they needed to get those who worked with the Australian military out of the country, well before the troops left, or they would be in imminent danger.

In none of these instances did the Federal LNP government do anything, and each situation just blew up in their faces and they cried about how they could not possibly anticipate what they had been warned about months earlier.

The sheer incompetence of this mob is a sight to behold, they have to go.

DS

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We've all been witness to the incompetence and complete inability to plan by this government in the COVID pandemic. Only yesterday there was the ABC report from an infectious diseases expert that they were told in August 2021 of the need to shift to RAT tests and order them back then. The whole Djokavic saga could have been prevented if they had actually assessed his visa application, as the former deputy head of immigration agreed on 7.30 tonight. Then you add in the warnings months before the pull out from Afghanistan, that they needed to get those who worked with the Australian military out of the country, well before the troops left, or they would be in imminent danger.

In none of these instances did the Federal LNP government do anything, and each situation just blew up in their faces and they cried about how they could not possibly anticipate what they had been warned about months earlier.

DS

Yeah, but we're getting new Tanks and Submarines. How good it that?!?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

larabee

#13!
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland

DS
And lets not forget when it was found that Slomo had refused to meet with a group of expert experienced firies in the year before the tragic bushfires in 2019/20 who wanted to warn him of the danger of the coming fire season, and the need to procure additional resources. "I prefer to talk with people who aren't retired"

As we go from one disaster to the next, some forget how completely out of his depth this bloke is, then get surprised when he *smile* up the next one

Reactions: 7 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Nice to see #ScottyNoHose distancing himself from the Novax decision. When asked about Novax's Visa, our Commander In Chief said:

“These are personal ministerial powers able to be exercised by Minister Hawke and I don’t propose to make any further comment at this time.”

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dud-mo is sitting in Canberra, smashing the table, wailing:

“I have to make a decision ?? What ??? That’s not my job !!! Can’t Daniel Andrews make this decision ? How did this happen ??”

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
ScuMo keeps proving the ONLY thing he competent at is incompetence.

However he excels at Pork barreling, rorting the system, looking after his Hillsong mates & NSW (Mainly Sydneys) interests.

Useless lump of humanity that he is.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I reckon they might just not make a decision which means Novax will play at the Aus Open and then leave. After all, they have refugees they haven't made a decision on for 8 or 9 years.

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
“These are personal ministerial powers able to be exercised by Minister Hawke and I don’t propose to make any further comment at this time.”
The way this circus is grinding to a slow death, Minister Hawke is looking more like he's gunna be a feather duster or a turkey.
Poor old ScoMo's nothing more than a pocket pissing feel good happy clapper n so far out of his depth it's amazing he's not been an ongoing drowning statistic for the last few years.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Morrison can talk the talk, but has been shown up as not being able to walk the walk.

Is currently walking the plank, come election time in May he'll fall off...............Hallelujah !!!!

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
He’s done. The coalition is done.

They will brazenly wreck anything they can find in these last few months.

Labor will get a very nice majority but it will take years to repair damage to the ABC, Medicare, etc.

Still, hoping for a wipeout. If Labor just play it cool, they will slide into a two-term reign at least.

With highly popular Labor state governments in WA, QLD and VIC. NSW set to fall soon.

Interesting times. The Libs need to find another way as not even the Murdocracy will save them.

Comforting to know our democratic system is still intact. And people are angry.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He’s done. The coalition is done.

They will brazenly wreck anything they can find in these last few months.

Labor will get a very nice majority but it will take years to repair damage to the ABC, Medicare, etc.

Still, hoping for a wipeout. If Labor just play it cool, they will slide into a two-term reign at least.

With highly popular Labor state governments in WA, QLD and VIC. NSW set to fall soon.

Interesting times. The Libs need to find another way as not even the Murdocracy will save them.

Comforting to know our democratic system is still intact. And people are angry.

faith in Australian democracy

is my Achilles heal when it comes to being optimistic.

Morrison and his cabinet of horrible, cynical, incompetent, corrupt *smile*,

will do anything to stay in power.

they could send a frigate to the south china sea yet

Reactions: 2 users