Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He’s trying to avoid the *smile* storm that’s developed in NSW and Victoria and smooth the impending impact out instead. That’s patently obvious. If that means extending the date for border opening, I doubt many people in WA will hang him out to dry like you’re attempting. In fact, as Tigerman said, life’s been pretty good over there for the vast majority throughout the pandemic, and a decision like this would have next to zero impact on his popularity if not support it even further.

I know what hes attempting, and why hes attempting it.

But its like putting lipstick on gina rhinehart

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I know what hes attempting, and why hes attempting it.

But its like putting lipstick on gina rhinehart
The vast majority in WA won’t give a rats coz up until now they’ve been dating Jennifer Hawkins and not Gina Rhinehart.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The vast majority in WA won’t give a rats coz up until now they’ve been dating Jennifer Hawkins and not Gina Rhinehart.

Maybe.

But i think theyre in for a helluva fright when the lights go on,

While theyre pollinating that orchid

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
He’s trying to avoid the *smile* storm that’s developed in NSW and Victoria and smooth the impending impact out instead. That’s patently obvious. If that means extending the date for border opening, I doubt many people in WA will hang him out to dry like you’re attempting. In fact, as Tigerman said, life’s been pretty good over there for the vast majority throughout the pandemic, and a decision like this would have next to zero impact on his popularity if not support it even further.
True but he has to back it up with some support for some sectors. Their tourism industry is on its knees as an example

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
True but he has to back it up with some support for some sectors. Their tourism industry is on its knees as an example
There are sectors in every single country and every single state across the globe that are in distress. WA are not exclusive in this regard.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There are sectors in every single country and every single state across the globe that are in distress. WA are not exclusive in this regard.
Of course but that doesn’t or shouldn’t stop the WA Govt supporting sectors effected by this decision.

I heard they are now aiming for 80% of the population triple vaxxed. That’s months away

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Of course but that doesn’t or shouldn’t stop the WA Govt supporting sectors effected by this decision.

I heard they are now aiming for 80% of the population triple vaxxed. That’s months away
That’s just fundamental to any management of any “state” during the pandemic I’d have thought. WA have fewer sectors to worry about than most.

As for their vax rates, they have a population profile and set of circumstances that was always going to make vaccination more difficult than say Victoria and one or two other states ie large indigenous population, geographical spread, historical health services issues dating back decades, etc etc

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I suspect the progression towards triple vaxed in WA

will be unprecedentedly slow.

90% of people got double vac'd, many* incentivised by 1. employment mandate and 2. border opening

they weren't incentivised by not catching Covid, cause it posed no apparent threat, due to geography, politics and demographics.

and McGowan removed any health incentive there was, oddly, with a midnight press conference, and without any qualitative revision at all.

nothing.

when people reneg, affected people get de-motivated at best, adversarial at worst.

you dont need a psychology doctorate to understand that.

triple is the new double.

with no allusion, that quadruple won't be the new triple.

Our Federation is a shitstorm.

* the residents of WA I know, n=20, are all under 40

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
serbian PM knocks RIO TINTO Lithium mine on the head,

in a backflipping

'you deport our tennis hero, we'll deport your gina rhinehart'

the day just got a whole lot brighter :D

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Tourism is booming at the moment, I'm just back from a holiday within Wa, there's people everywhere.

Changing the opening date from Feb 5 will no doubt lead to a lot of cancellations from interstate people.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
As for their vax rates, they have a population profile and set of circumstances that was always going to make vaccination more difficult than say Victoria and one or two other states ie large indigenous population, geographical spread, historical health services issues dating back decades, etc etc
And the vaccination of those indigenous people is the responsibility of the Federal Government.
If the treatment of our elderly in federally run aged care centres is anything to go by, heaven help the poor souls.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That’s just fundamental to any management of any “state” during the pandemic I’d have thought. WA have fewer sectors to worry about than most.

They should support effected industries, I agree that's fundamental. Are they?
They have set a triple vax number at 80% which is unbelievably difficult and is going to take a long time which makes the above support even more important
I just worry that they have boxed themselves into an impossible corner where they have set criteria for a safe opening of borders which can never be achieved and is going to do immeasurable harm. By all means open slowly, open with public health measures in place and take them off slowly, set a plan with KPIs and stick to it. At the moment noone knows when it will happen and how.
I may be wrong, it's an opinion.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
They should support effected industries, I agree that's fundamental. Are they?
They have set a triple vax number at 80% which is unbelievably difficult and is going to take a long time which makes the above support even more important
I just worry that they have boxed themselves into an impossible corner where they have set criteria for a safe opening of borders which can never be achieved and is going to do immeasurable harm. By all means open slowly, open with public health measures in place and take them off slowly, set a plan with KPIs and stick to it. At the moment noone knows when it will happen and how.
I may be wrong, it's an opinion.
Yep.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
serbian PM knocks RIO TINTO Lithium mine on the head,

in a backflipping

'you deport our tennis hero, we'll deport your gina rhinehart'

the day just got a whole lot brighter :D
Leadership ......seriously that is embarassing for Serbia. He is a tennis player for *smile* sake

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Leadership ......seriously that is embarassing for Serbia. He is a tennis player for *smile* sake

its a race to the bottom, brother.

china wont buy Rock Lobsters, simply because they believe that Peter Dutton's parents tried to culturally appropriate and personify a dim-sim;

buy Lobsters

Rio Tinto get booted from Serbia, because a gifted unvaccinated nut job hired an illiterate travel manager;

So buy Fortescue shares.

might as well go first class in a trainwreck?

Last edited:
  • Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
you do understand that Ascot racecourse has a 2km circumference,

and that WA is 2.6 million hectares?
Haven't you heard eZyT, I've been cured.

It was quite easy really.........................after all I've given up dozens of times:))

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Did she actually reference Novax? There's been massive protest against the mine for some time and the pressure was on the government to stop it even before Novax was vacated

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Did she actually reference Novax? There's been massive protest against the mine for some time and the pressure was on the government to stop it even before Novax was vacated

The Guardians perspective seems to be,

that the environmental protests fell on deaf ears,

until last week.

'surprise U-turn', apparently :p

I'd like to see the diplomats cut a deal, where Gina Rhinehart gets a wildcard into the OZ Open (plays Nick Kyrios on John Cain, ideally)

and Novax gets to dig Lithium for a few years