Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
supporting them is the federal governments responsibility.
It's pleasing to see you agree with me.
And you would also agree, no doubt in my mind, that you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It's pleasing to see you agree with me.
And you would also agree, no doubt in my mind, that you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

people arent happy with the federal governments effort to support vaccinations in Indigenous communities, you appear to be?
I do agree that people cant be forced to be vaccinated, but if supply isnt there, if staff arent there and if the information is not accessible it will contribute to the low rates we see.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There must be a bit of truth to the story, the Murdoch press is going with it.

How long can Morrison's bullying and threatening keep the truth from being told.

"When Prime Minister Scott Morrison raged at rapid antigen test suppliers to “tell the truth” and stop claiming the government was stealing their stock on Friday, at least one furious retailer realised vital evidence that could explode those denials was on his mobile phone.
Leaked WhatsApp correspondence between the retailer and a major importer of rapid antigen tests in Australia reveals one importer confessed in early January that he was “sorry” but capacity was now being redirected to the government."

"And that same week the RATs went missing in action, the Morrison government negotiated new tenders for millions of rapid antigen tests, including one contract for a stunning $26 million."

"But when the retailers went public telling customers what they were told – that their tests were going to the government – the Prime Minister and the Health Minister threatened the companies with huge penalties."

Reactions: 4 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I don't like how the Chinese Gov using Tencent as a puppet to land a cheap shot on our political system, but I can't help but find this situation a bit amusing too. The guy just wanted an account with lots of followers and he bought one! Not sure we can really believe he's completely ignorant of what was going in behind the scenes, but it is funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I don't like how the Chinese Gov using Tencent as a puppet to land a cheap shot on our political system, but I can't help but find this situation a bit amusing too. The guy just wanted an account with lots of followers and he bought one! Not sure we can really believe he's completely ignorant of what was going in behind the scenes, but it is funny.

That might be the official story, but I doubt that a transaction involving the Aus PM's Wechat account didn't have any Chinese Gov involvement, even if it was just laughingly signing off on the transaction.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
That might be the official story, but I doubt that a transaction involving the Aus PM's Wechat account didn't have any Chinese Gov involvement, even if it was just laughingly signing off on the transaction.
*smile* Cray Cray that a PM official media account is owned by a foreigner

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Albo gives a great speech at the National Press Club outlining what kind of PM he'd be and what his government would prioritise, and corporate media (including the ABC) barely covers it. Fearless defenders of the status quo, our meeja.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Albo gives a great speech at the National Press Club outlining what kind of PM he'd be and what his government would prioritise, and corporate media (including the ABC) barely covers it. Fearless defenders of the status quo, our meeja.

There's bigger political news to cover at the moment. Apparently Grace Tame didn't curtsey the PM.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user