Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

E

easy_tiger

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
No doubt! There's only so much that can be conveyed in print. We all want what's best for the footy club, the country and the rest of the world. Disagreements about how to get there are par for the course.

Its clear you want what's best for the footy club 8-

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
$1080 money back from the Libs, didn't need One Nation, the world is on the up.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
$1080 money back from the Libs, didn't need One Nation, the world is on the up.
That will come in handy.

The least they could though, as we've had record LOW wages growth in the last six years.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What's the price of a 55" LCD at Harvey Norman these days?

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What's the price of a 55" LCD at Harvey Norman these days?
I've got two LG 55" Smart tv's purchased a couple of years apart. It helps keep the peace with the family.
The 2nd one was purchased about 2 years ago, it was more expensive that the one purchased about 2 years before that.
I could be wrong, i don't really follow the prices, but i reckon the costs of tv's has gone up.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Alot of people will be happy with this, even those who thought DiNatali is right.
He continues to flog himself into irrelevance.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I am trying to figure out why, when we have the Libs in government our economy is going so bad.
They dont look after the poor, the environment, the sick or those with a disability unless they have to.

So why are they f'ckin up the one thing they were supposed to be strong on? (along with protecting religious freedoms (of christians))

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Though I do have hope their attitude to those not so rich will change now poor Barnaby is on struggle street.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Though I do have hope their attitude to those not so rich will change now poor Barnaby is on struggle street.
He's a bit of a bull is our Barnaby he's had 2 kids with his new floosy. He must be really doing it hard, as it would appear he can't afford condoms:cool:
Yep he's a real bull...sh!tter.

Last edited:

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
I am trying to figure out why, when we have the Libs in government our economy is going so bad.
They dont look after the poor, the environment, the sick or those with a disability unless they have to.

So why are they f'ckin up the one thing they were supposed to be strong on? (along with protecting religious freedoms (of christians))
What indicators are you referring to? Unemployment and inflation seem to be a reasonable levels, and we have had record trading surpluses in recent months.

GDP growth is a concern, but aside from establishing a competitive tax/IR regime and then getting out of the way, I'm not sure what role a government has to play

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
What indicators are you referring to? Unemployment and inflation seem to be a reasonable levels, and we have had record trading surpluses in recent months.

GDP growth is a concern, but aside from establishing a competitive tax/IR regime and then getting out of the way, I'm not sure what role a government has to play
The main concern for me in the economy is the lack of wages growth. Wages growth has slowed significantly in the last few years whilst inequality of income has increased. What that means is that wages growth is low and what growth there is is skewed to higher incomes.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

The myth of the Libs as good economic managers is just that. They are economic illiterates and vandals.

Unemployment numbers are misleading. There is massive underemployment thanks to the casualisation of the workforce, while many people have simply given up and are therefore not counted.

Low inflation is a function of a stagnant economy. Our economy would be going backwards (recession) were it not for one thing: immigration.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, I love a bloke who can’t control himself and busts down doors out of anger and frustration.
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
- Teddy Roosevelt.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Unemployment numbers are misleading. There is massive underemployment thanks to the casualisation of the workforce, while many people have simply given up and are therefore not counted.
People who have “given up” are still enumerated in the ABS Labour force statistics.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
The main concern for me in the economy is the lack of wages growth. Wages growth has slowed significantly in the last few years whilst inequality of income has increased. What that means is that wages growth is low and what growth there is is skewed to higher incomes.

Wage growth has declined from around 4% to 2% in the past decade. Low, but still ahead of inflation.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
People who have “given up” are still enumerated in the ABS Labour force statistics.
One major change in the past 5 years is the sharp growth of the gig economy. I’m not sure how ‘legacy ‘ reporting deals with people on air tasker, Uber and other informal employment mechanisms.