Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
A very interesting article relating to an 'ex-Chinese spy' who is trying to defect to Australia.

Hopefully, the Australian Govt shows some balls and stops him from being sent back to certain death.

Thoughts?
We'll probably *smile* things up n bow to whatever China wants. No surprise at all that this *smile* is still going on year after year after year. Chinese, Russians, Septics n all the other little bit players in between just constantly manipulating n rummaging around interfering with how countries are run from behind the scenes. At least with those bloody mad terrorist mobs, they have no subtlety or finesse n just try to *smile* everyone over as hard as they can.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Typical politicians. Not that long ago Victorian mp's got huge pay rises for effectively nothing. Big outcry but the response from them was they can't do anything about it because it was decided by an independent party. Fair enough. Now, these same mp's are complaining that they have to justify their travel allowance expenditure. This decision was brought in by the same independent body, after some outrageous rorting(if you or I did something similar it would be could theft and we would be charged). These mp's are demanding that the ruling be reversed.
Hypocrites. No wonder the public's opinion of politicians are at an all time low.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
hmmm, that fair and balanced poster seems to have missed the fact the Greens voted down the ETS when they had a chance to bring it in. Net result was a massive lurch to towards the anti-CC thinking driven by the coal industry in Aus.

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I tend to believe that ALL political parties & politicians need to share the blame for Australias current fire situation, some more than others. They have all voted at some stage or other to suit their own political aims rather than what is best for our country as a whole.
All of them should hang their heads in shame. I'm totally disgusted with our current politicians, not one of them deserves to be in parliament.
I don't believe that Malcolm Fraser or Bob Hawk would have let this sort of situation prevail.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Fraser & Hawke didn't have to deal with the world power broker that is Murdoch.

Murdoch controls much of the media in Australia, UK and USA. Unsurprisingly he has little control in New Zealand & Canada.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
I tend to believe that ALL political parties & politicians need to share the blame for Australias current fire situation, some more than others. They have all voted at some stage or other to suit their own political aims rather than what is best for our country as a whole.
All of them should hang their heads in shame. I'm totally disgusted with our current politicians, not one of them deserves to be in parliament.
Fraser n Hawke way to far back to be relevant to much now, but yep to the rest. Wouldn't waste my time or water stopping to pee on a politician if one of they was on fire in the street these days. Nothing relevant or important about any of them.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Iran just bombed US (and Aussie?) troops in Iraq.

Are we still the Yanks' little brother who follows orders?

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Some things never change. Didn't you notice Scomo crawling all over Trump when he visited the US? Best mates/chums (especially as US have got same old reassurance that we'll commit our military's lives to their lost causes, and the continuing strong trade deficit in their favour). Scomo seemed to think sucking up to Trump baby was great for his approval ratings back home.
Been the same since "all the way with LBJ" or even WW11 with Macarthur really.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Where are all the Trump haters? The guy is a war criminal and what do we get? Tumbleweed. He says something offensive to some identity group, WOAH the world is gonna end.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Agree, he is a war criminal.

Plus, he's a dope. Just did more to unite a fractious Iran more than anyone inside the country could have.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003

Think they might have missed n just dug a few fairly large holes in the ground.

Perhaps we might need to buddy up with the Chinese or Russians if we feel the need to be safe, or maybe Jacky Widodo over in Indonesia.

Doesn't rain but it pours sometimes. Iranians chuck a couple of rockets at the Septics n a couple of hours later a plane *smile* itself on take off from Iran airport n there's about 180 dead. Third Boeing jet to *smile* itself just after take off in a very short period of time.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It is good to see Craig Kelly being called out for his use of the typical Lib/Nat practice of abusing people who disagree with them.
particularly funny when he has no qualifications at all that are relevant to climate change, being a former furniture salesman, and i am sure everyone knows the science background of the 'weather girl'/

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Fraser & Hawke didn't have to deal with the world power broker that is Murdoch.

Murdoch controls much of the media in Australia, UK and USA. Unsurprisingly he has little control in New Zealand & Canada.

Well poor Uncie Rupert had to deal with Conrad Black (fraudster and con artist) and Robert Maxwell (fraudster and con artist whose daughter Ghislane Maxwell was the right hand woman to international scumbag, pedophile, sex trafficker, fraudster and conman Jeffery Epstein). Quite the bunch really.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Where are all the Trump haters? The guy is a war criminal and what do we get? Tumbleweed. He says something offensive to some identity group, WOAH the world is gonna end.

Waiting for some evidence before jumping to any conclusions maybe Gia? The U.S. said they had "credible evidence" of impending threat from Iran. Trump can't lie straight in bed so it is about as believable as anything else he says, but if consistency is worth anything we shouldn't jump to assume so but withhold judgement until we know more.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
It is good to see Craig Kelly being called out for his use of the typical Lib/Nat practice of abusing people who disagree with them.
particularly funny when he has no qualifications at all that are relevant to climate change, being a former furniture salesman, and i am sure everyone knows the science background of the 'weather girl'/

if it wasn't so excruciatingly embarrassing for our country, it would have been hilarious. and you know what? this will turn him a cult figure here now. that’s how pathetic politics has become.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Waiting for some evidence before jumping to any conclusions maybe Gia? The U.S. said they had "credible evidence" of impending threat from Iran. Trump can't lie straight in bed so it is about as believable as anything else he says, but if consistency is worth anything we shouldn't jump to assume so but withhold judgement until we know more.
If consistency is worth anything than you wouldn’t give the US the benefit of the doubt. They are proven liars when it comes to war justification.