Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Labour winning power in their own right with their voting system is huge.

Let's see if she can make some positive changes, certainly has a mandate.

DS

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Maybe it’s just hope from my perspective but Jacinta Adern’s win and her success in NZ makes me feel that in the end people want someone who they believe actually cares as their leader.
There are of course varying views of her beliefs but one thing is certain and that’s she is seen as an empathetic and genuine person.
I can’t think of one politician in Australia who I see in the same way.

Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, a Qlder on here (can't remember who) thought Labor would be turfed out this time, even though AP's personal approval was and is high. Looks like any chance of that happening might have gone due to Frecklington being referred to the Electoral Commission by her own party for those dinners with property developers.

It seems you really have to balls it up totally regarding COVID19 if you are a leader - if you do a reasonable job, the odds are good you'll be reelected. So Ardern gets reelected, ScoMo is off the charts against Labor federally (you could argue the feds have botched a lot but generally Australia has done very well), Dan's approvals were very high recently, that may change of course. You have to fail spectacularly like Trump before it comes back to bite.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Amazing result. Remember that she become opposition leader in 2012 when Labor lost an amazing 44 seats - she rebuilt the party from 7 seats in Qld parliament and took government in 2015 with a majority of one.

The 2012 election was a bit of an anomaly though, with many suckers falling for Campbell Newman's lies. The next election was a big correction.
But yes she has done very well.

And fortunately Palmer failed this time around in his efforts to get his LNP mates re-elected.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Just read that after alp victory in qld they will be in power 30 of 35 years.... and yet Federally Qld is LNP powerhouse. Shows that the Australian voters think when they vote. (At least the qld ones, in vic we seem to vote same party at both levels)

PS seems that election DAY is just a term, 60% pre pol in Qld, more pre poll in US than voted in total last time. Don't think it's just a COVId thing.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It is interesting how the media portray Australian voters as not being smart enough to distinguish Federal and State governments and vote according to their judgements of both. But there is certainly enough recognition of the different levels of government that people will vote differently when it suits.

Noticed One Nation's vote sunk by over 5%. Would be good to see the end of that mob.

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
123501424_1903567743119680_7836981255772083583_n.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Biggest rort of the century, and no one seems to care. That's our money.

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
$30m for land worth $3m isn't the only thing this Federal government paid for well over its value:

It is just a coincidence that the Libs/Nats keep giving money to themselves and their donors.
the corruption watchdog they are so eager to set up will show that.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It is just a coincidence that the Libs/Nats keep giving money to themselves and their donors.
They work well together the Libs/Nats don't they, Bridget McKenzie and ScoMo made a great team running the Sports Rorts.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

The corruption watch dog will find nothing as it is designed to find nothing, we need the real thing not what they are proposing.

I also read that any watch dog they set up will not consider what was done in the past, so, time to get the snouts in the trough before they set it up.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Four Corners is going to be fun tonight

"Ex-PM Malcolm Turnbull is set to lift the lid on the culture of “boozing and screwing staff” in an explosive Four Corners tonight."