Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Why couldn't NSW police go interstate to investigate? I would thought law enforcement would qualify for exemptions to state travel restrictions at the time.

Couldn't they use zoom or something similar to take the victims statement instead?

Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Just a few questions, if someone has the answers it would be appreciated.

Is Aged Care the responsibility of respective State governments. Or the Federal government
Will the Federal government to have a uniform set of regulations that the States will be liable to enforce?
Will the regulations be only for State run Care facilities or will Private providers be accountable.
Who provides the oversight on Health Care at present?

I’m of the belief that Private Aged Care is big business. I’ve had experience first hand at the cost of having family members in Private Care Homes. The costs are very high to get into them as well as the ongoing fees and charges.

Is it also subsidised by State or Federal (taxpayer) funds to the Private sector?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Just a few questions, if someone has the answers it would be appreciated.

Is Aged Care the responsibility of respective State governments. Or the Federal government
Will the Federal government to have a uniform set of regulations that the States will be liable to enforce?
Will the regulations be only for State run Care facilities or will Private providers be accountable.
Who provides the oversight on Health Care at present?

I’m of the belief that Private Aged Care is big business. I’ve had experience first hand at the cost of having family members in Private Care Homes. The costs are very high to get into them as well as the ongoing fees and charges.

Is it also subsidised by State or Federal (taxpayer) funds to the Private sector?
Aged Care is the responsibility of the Federal Government.
Any regulations will need to be followed by private and state providers.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

A related article. Hard to understand why Morrison would not call for an independent inquiry. He really is showing a complete lack of leadership in so many areas.

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

"It is indisputable our Prime Minister’s position is untenable. It’s astonishing multiple ministers are so enamoured with power they’d rather stand in a virtual line up for the anal rape of a 16 year old than break ranks. That no LNP member has deserted the party is disgusting. It is clear this government’s only objective is power for power’s sake. Nothing else matters."

Reactions: 2 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul

"It is indisputable our Prime Minister’s position is untenable. It’s astonishing multiple ministers are so enamoured with power they’d rather stand in a virtual line up for the anal rape of a 16 year old than break ranks. That no LNP member has deserted the party is disgusting. It is clear this government’s only objective is power for power’s sake. Nothing else matters."

They sure don't hold back at The Shot.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

A related article. Hard to understand why Morrison would not call for an independent inquiry. He really is showing a complete lack of leadership in so many areas.

I wonder if one of SCUMOs daughters was the victim of a serious sexual assault, would he be so blase about it.
NO "SMILING" WAY

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Why would this woman make it up?
She's dead. She doesn't get to respond to this press conference.
Porter may well be innocent but his position in the Cabinet is untenable, especially given the other behavioral issues he's been accused of.
Saying you're innocent doesn't cut it. A full indepent inquiry or he's got to go.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Shane Dowling (Kangaroo Court website) who is linked in the previous page and has been naming Porter and the alleged staff rapist as well is a bit of a volatile source, but what is interesting is his claims that someone is constantly editing Porter's wikipedia to remove the reference to him being in the place and time of the alleged rape. Hard to see why someone would do that, apart from the obvious.
BR if someone kept posting unfactual accusations about you on here not only would you be deleting them you'd be banning the poster and rightly so. Wikipedia is not gospel ant more than facebook.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I don't understand why a young girl would make up such a wild accusation? Now she's dead. Apparently by suicide..

He's got to stand aside.
I don't understand why a young girl would make up such a wild accusation? Now she's dead. Apparently by suicide..

He's got to stand aside.
i don't understand either but I can tell you it was exactly the case in a rape trial when I was on the jury.
I don't know in Porters case whether it was a made up accusation or not.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
i don't understand either but I can tell you it was exactly the case in a rape trial when I was on the jury.
I don't know in Porters case whether it was a made up accusation or not.
The biggest problem for Porter is that this won't go to trial because this woman is dead. There will be no jury. Suspicion will be on him wherever he goes. Untenable.

Can anyone really believe he hasn't read the detail of her accusations?? Nor Morrison?? This is about as serious as it gets & they didn't read it?

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The biggest problem for Porter is that this won't go to trial because this woman is dead. There will be no jury. Suspicion will be on him wherever he goes. Untenable.

Can anyone really believe he hasn't read the detail of her accusations?? Nor Morrison?? This is about as serious as it gets & they didn't read it?
Agree on both points. Not only has it not gone to court, but the way her friends are completely and utterly convinced of what happened, having seen the change in the lady and hearing her open up, will mean Porter will always have this hanging over him.

If neither Morrison nor Porter have read the details of the accusations then that's simply a case of don't read it so they don't have to answer specifics in it. They can always claim they are not aware of the contents. Gutless and spineless both of them.

It's the last point that lends weight to her accusations. If I had heard I was being accused of anally raping a 16yo girl, I'd want to read the accusations in full, complete totality, in the belief I could find holes in the fabricated story and prove my innocence. On the other hand, if I did it....

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Why would this woman make it up?
She's dead. She doesn't get to respond to this press conference.
Porter may well be innocent but his position in the Cabinet is untenable, especially given the other behavioral issues he's been accused of.
Saying you're innocent doesn't cut it. A full indepent inquiry or he's got to go.

There's also the fact that what has been provided to the govt, opposition and journalists is a detailed dossier on the details of what happened. Would she really make that up? Or get the person wrong. And would other people who knew her (and appear to be quite credible) advocate so strongly.