Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Surely that's not this Tim Smith? If it is then the Vic Libs are well and truly *smile*

34885492-8883005-image-a-45_1603774570625.jpg
Any opposition that has Tim Smith as shadow Attorney General cannot be taken seriously

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
How absurd. Pretending he doesn't know where the money came from.

I hope the opposition don't let up on this. Christian Porter is an absolute disgrace.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The ALP parachuting a wealthy Yank who lives on Sydney's northern beaches into a safe seat in the coronavirus ravaged western Sydney heartland. At the expense of a well credentialed young female lawyer of Vietnamese descent who has lived in the community her whole life. Albo defends it by saying Keneally migrated from the USA and that he has an Italian surname!!

ALP diversity at work :rolleyes: Laughable :rotfl2:rotfl2

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
How absurd. Pretending he doesn't know where the money came from.

I hope the opposition don't let up on this. Christian Porter is an absolute disgrace.
Porter should be forced to resign. He is as dodgy as they come even if it has not been proven 100%. There is too much stink on this bloke for none of it to be crap.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The ALP parachuting a wealthy Yank who lives on Sydney's northern beaches into a safe seat in the coronavirus ravaged western Sydney heartland. At the expense of a well credentialed young female lawyer of Vietnamese descent who has lived in the community her whole life. Albo defends it by saying Keneally migrated from the USA and that he has an Italian surname!!

ALP diversity at work :rolleyes: Laughable :rotfl2:rotfl2

Yeah, that's not a good look at all. Trying to solve a faction battle in the Senate by moving one faction to a lower house safe seat. Then to pick a seat that ticks so many boxes from a diversity and connection to the seat in question just makes it worse.
Porter should be forced to resign. He is as dodgy as they come even if it has not been proven 100%. There is too much stink on this bloke for none of it to be crap.
I can't think of another Government in Australia's history that was so blatantly corrupt and now quite open about it.

Even worse, News Ltd and Nine Entertainment both decided the Porter story was worthy of a single paragraph somewhere beyond page 10. Without an independent strong media holding the government to account, we're *smile*.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That business with Keneally is easy solved - dump her in Fitzgibbon's seat which he is vacating (Kristina - win the seat or be damned) and Tu Le can contest the Sydney seat.

I should be hired as a political fixer!

DS

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
With Porter it's not so much the "crime" but the cover up that will bring him down. he is now a dead weight. ScoMo will be weighing up if can carry him through the election or does keeping him provide an easy target for opposition and so a constant distraction. Cynically though how many people will change their vote based on whether Porter stays or goes?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
.. :oops:

As if we needed any confirmation that these *smile* don't give a *smile* about any of the foundations of democracy.

this is appalling.

Why and how do they keep raising the bar on corruption, we ask?

cause they keep getting away with it.

and why do they keep getting away with it is the next obvious question?

and the answer cannot exclude the suggestion that Anthony Albonese is almost entirely useless.

Forget Murdoch. Albonese is the only man who can deliver us another 4 years of LNP imho

• Angry

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
An interesting development with Australia signing a trilateral agreement with the USA and the UK for nuclear submarines.

Looks like Australia is going nuclear.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
An interesting development with Australia signing a trilateral agreement with the USA and the UK for nuclear submarines.

It would be more diligent for Australia to publicly (or privately if your LNP) burn a big $100b pile of green hundreds on the ground of Parliament House,

than buy submarines.

we *smile* it up acutely every single time.

I reckon there must be a joke about Australia and submarines told at embassy dinner parties the world over.

these ones will get delivered 20 years after China assembles a fleet of sea-water powered invisible super sonic unsinkable subs

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
It would be more diligent for Australia to publicly (or privately if your LNP) burn a big $100b pile of green hundreds on the ground of Parliament House,

than buy submarines.

I reckon there must be a joke about Australia and submarines told at embassy dinner parties the world over.

these ones will get delivered 20 years after China assembles a fleet of sea-water powered invisible super sonic unsinkable subs
Burning $100b on the lawn would be better because at least it would keep a few people warm during a Canberra winter.

Subs without nukes are useless. A monstrous waste of cash.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

than buy submarines.

And then there's the F35 fiasco.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
and why do they keep getting away with it is the next obvious question?

and the answer cannot exclude the suggestion that Anthony Albonese is almost entirely useless.

Forget Murdoch. Albonese is the only man who can deliver us another 4 years of LNP imho

I think you underestimate the Murdoch effect.

Reactions: 2 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I think today’s announcement of closer ties with USA and the UK had to be done. China with its actions in the South China Sea and it’s large build up of military force make Australia a prime target for its bully boy tactics.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

So the deal with France goes to waste for an even more expensive deal. Yet we can't fund essential services properly.