Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dud-mo is sitting in Canberra, smashing the table, wailing:

“I have to make a decision ?? What ??? That’s not my job !!! Can’t Daniel Andrews make this decision ? How did this happen ??”

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
ScuMo keeps proving the ONLY thing he competent at is incompetence.

However he excels at Pork barreling, rorting the system, looking after his Hillsong mates & NSW (Mainly Sydneys) interests.

Useless lump of humanity that he is.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I reckon they might just not make a decision which means Novax will play at the Aus Open and then leave. After all, they have refugees they haven't made a decision on for 8 or 9 years.

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
“These are personal ministerial powers able to be exercised by Minister Hawke and I don’t propose to make any further comment at this time.”
The way this circus is grinding to a slow death, Minister Hawke is looking more like he's gunna be a feather duster or a turkey.
Poor old ScoMo's nothing more than a pocket pissing feel good happy clapper n so far out of his depth it's amazing he's not been an ongoing drowning statistic for the last few years.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Morrison can talk the talk, but has been shown up as not being able to walk the walk.

Is currently walking the plank, come election time in May he'll fall off...............Hallelujah !!!!

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
He’s done. The coalition is done.

They will brazenly wreck anything they can find in these last few months.

Labor will get a very nice majority but it will take years to repair damage to the ABC, Medicare, etc.

Still, hoping for a wipeout. If Labor just play it cool, they will slide into a two-term reign at least.

With highly popular Labor state governments in WA, QLD and VIC. NSW set to fall soon.

Interesting times. The Libs need to find another way as not even the Murdocracy will save them.

Comforting to know our democratic system is still intact. And people are angry.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Labor will get a very nice majority but it will take years to repair damage to the ABC, Medicare, etc.

Still, hoping for a wipeout. If Labor just play it cool, they will slide into a two-term reign at least.

With highly popular Labor state governments in WA, QLD and VIC. NSW set to fall soon.

Interesting times. The Libs need to find another way as not even the Murdocracy will save them.

faith in Australian democracy

is my Achilles heal when it comes to being optimistic.

Morrison and his cabinet of horrible, cynical, incompetent, corrupt *smile*,

will do anything to stay in power.

they could send a frigate to the south china sea yet

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
The way this circus is grinding to a slow death, Minister Hawke is looking more like he's gunna be a feather duster or a turkey.
I yam amazed. That magnificent domestic bird of prey, the Wedge Tailed Hawkie has swooped upon the unsuspecting bin chicken Novaxx Djerkoffitch and rendered him persona non grata with one fell blow. Now for the coup de grace to be administered during a midnight legal wrangle n Novaxx n his mates can *smile* off home.

Reactions: 1 user

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
I yam amazed. That magnificent domestic bird of prey, the Wedge Tailed Hawkie has swooped upon the unsuspecting bin chicken Novaxx Djerkoffitch and rendered him persona non grata with one fell blow. Now for the coup de grace to be administered during a midnight legal wrangle n Novaxx n his mates can *smile* off home.
Surely back to their 'nest' rather than 'home'. Let's not mix our metaphors, folks or we'll end up with abominations like 'Romanes eunt domus'.

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Hope you're right but think you may be far too optimistic (like your Tigers' comments sometimes?). Don't underestimate the role and power of the Murdocracy to save them still. Should cast your mind back to Howard's miracle victory after the rigged media allowed his government to exploit the appalling 'Children Overboard' deceit/propaganda. Same for Morrison's miracle win in 2019. Same factors in play in different guises e.g. role of Palmer United and his propaganda $$$$.

Where I absolutely disagree with you is that final point. Murdoch and his minions, represented by their current dupes led by Scomo, have done untold damage to Australian democracy and society via their relative domination of our government over last 25 years or more. I would say our democracy has almost been smothered and you need to exercise much imagination -to consider how different the country, and lives of so many of our people, might be but for this abomination.

That will in reality be forever unknown.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Geez how insightful. Pretty sure every politician worth half a pinch of stale goat *smile* has used exactly the same principles n practices since media spruiking took over from soap box spruiking.
If so, can you you just let us know which specific mainstream media conglomerates- in terms of newspapers and magazines, TV and radio stations and affiliated SM giants- not to mention advertising/electioneering budgets funded by huge sponsors/companies, are owned or run by the ALP to perpetuate their political interests?

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Surely back to their 'nest' rather than 'home'. Let's not mix our metaphors, folks or we'll end up with abominations like 'Romanes eunt domus'.
What's wrong with Romans eat donuts? Donuts are nom, not abominations at all.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
If so, can you you just let us know which specific mainstream media conglomerates- in terms of newspapers and magazines, TV and radio stations and affiliated SM giants- not to mention advertising/electioneering budgets funded by huge sponsors/companies, are owned or run by the ALP to perpetuate their political interests?
Have absolutely no idea, nor do I have enough interest in or care about who owns what bit of media where. I'm guessing that by your line of comment, you're suggesting the Libs own it all so I'm wondering how the ALP n other independent mobs ever get any mention at all or even manage to actually exist as obviously the Libs would never allow any of them access to their medjia networks.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Where I absolutely disagree with you is that final point. Murdoch and his minions, represented by their current dupes led by Scomo, have done untold damage to Australian democracy and society via their relative domination of our government over last 25 years or more. I would say our democracy has almost been smothered and you need to exercise much imagination -to consider how different the country, and lives of so many of our people, might be but for this abomination.

Not just Australia but the world.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
READ.

Ive been sniffing out and heckling LNP voters at dinner parties and bbqs for 20 years.

I lay a trap by saying loudly 'ive enrolled the kids in St.Kevins - i hear they have a great arts program'

And out they come, like cockroaches from under a lamb fatty stove. And i gently stomp all over their treasonous, libertarian, greedy, inequitable, lies.

I dont get invited to many dinner parties or bbqs anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Ive been sniffing out and heckling LNP voters at dinner parties and bbqs for 20 years.

I lay a trap by saying loudly 'ive enrolled the kids in St.Kevins - i hear they have a great arts program'

And out they come, like cockroaches from under a lamb fatty stove. And i gently stomp all over their treasonous, libertarian, greedy, inequitable, lies.

I was just reading that. good rant!

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

You got invited to a bbq yesterday!

Friends, again I implore you. Abandon corporate media as they have abandoned you. You can subscribe for free to independent news outlets like Michael West Media, Independent Australia, and John Menadue's Pearls & Irritations, here with an excellent explainer of Morrison-brand 'Christianity':

Reactions: 6 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Hope you're right but think you may be far too optimistic (like your Tigers' comments sometimes?). Don't underestimate the role and power of the Murdocracy to save them still. Should cast your mind back to Howard's miracle victory after the rigged media allowed his government to exploit the appalling 'Children Overboard' deceit/propaganda. Same for Morrison's miracle win in 2019. Same factors in play in different guises e.g. role of Palmer United and his propaganda $$$$.

That will in reality be forever unknown.

The Murdocracy can't control digital media outlets (which, whilst important, doesn't amount to much in a voting sense) and, much more importantly, they can't fumigate the smell of a liar once its entrenched.

The man in the street is often stupid. Especially in Australia. Do not believe for a second that I have the old rose-coloreds on. We have some of the dumbest voters in the world. An entire swathe of uneducated ute drivers who'll vote for Morrison because he likes barbies and a schooner.

But the man in the street doesn't think Morrison is ok anymore. He's done. Look at Salt's statistics.

And women?

They had Albo pencilled in as soon as Morrison tried to mansplain the Brittney Higgins fiasco.

And one of our biggest migrant communities? Still seething that thousands upon thousands of stranded family and friends were locked out of Australia at a time when our numbers were relatively low.

Alternative leaders? Dutton? lol, no. Frydenberg? Labor will absolutely own Victoria and he's in danger of losing his seat.

The coalition is cooked and its just a matter of how much damage they can do to our regulatory frameworks in coming weeks before the election.

The massive problem for them, Leon, is the Joyce, Frydenberg, Morrison, Dutton barber quartet on the front bench.. Labor runs rings around them. There is a serious lack of talent within that coalition and they are so out of touch with anyone under 30 in Australia it's not funny.

No. Despite the malicious, corruptive force of the Murdoch Press in this country the people will have their say.

You can only paper over gross incompetence for so many years. Morrison will find that one full term as leader was more than enough for Australian voters to stomach.

And then?

Well, hopefully then an independent inquiry into the media landscape gains teeth, momentum, power. It's a massive 'if'. But I think Labor will have two terms to get it rolling.

Last edited: