Team of the Decade | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team of the Decade

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Nobody will agree with this team but I've excluded anyone who didn't play 50 games for the decade. Obviously Lynch gets into any "most talented" team.

B: Vlaustin Rance Astbury
HB: Houli Grimes Newman
C: Deledio Prestia Grigg
HF: Edwards Caddy Lambert
F: King Riewoldt Rioli
R: Maric Martin Cotchin
I: Foley Jackson Ellis Nankervis

Tuck really only had two good years for the decade. Morris was closer to getting a bench spot than I thought he'd be. Chaplin, tough competition down back.

Miles with two and a half good years, and Vickery with the highest average goals after Jack, had claims but I've downgraded them after being let go @ 26yo.

Broad/McIntosh/Conca/Lloyd/McGuane/Nahas/White/Griffiths/Batchelor - better quality players available for their positions. Castagna and Short are two qualifiers with potential to improve into this unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Nobody will agree with this team but I've excluded anyone who didn't play 50 games for the decade. Obviously Lynch gets into any "most talented" team.

B: Vlaustin Rance Astbury
HB: Houli Grimes Newman
C: Deledio Prestia Grigg
HF: Edwards Caddy Lambert
F: King Riewoldt Rioli
R: Maric Martin Cotchin
I: Foley Jackson Ellis Nankervis

Tuck really only had two good years for the decade. Morris was closer to getting a bench spot than I thought he'd be. Chaplin, tough competition down back.

Miles with two and a half good years, and Vickery with the highest average goals after Jack, had claims but I've downgraded them after being let go @ 26yo.
Don't mind that side, i loved King, but would have Castagna in the side in his place.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Don't mind that side, i loved King, but would have Castagna in the side in his place.

It's a tight call, but King averaged as many goals and stood up in a team searching for confidence. His approach was the prototype for the 2017 flag.

Castagna might be only 5% off becoming a very good player and going straight past King.