Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I can’t help thinking this all could have been avoided. If I remember correctly players had to apply for a medical exemption by December 10. Given Novax only (allegedly) contracted COVID on December 16 they could simply have said too late.
This has been stuffed up my many but imo it came down to a desire by ( not sure who, maybe TA) to get him here.

I think you are right that it was TA. As you said, he didn't qualify for their exemption (based on time period) so they bent over backwards to get him in on other grounds. As with everything, it seems its one set of rules for the main group and then a different set for the privileged and TA was at the heart of this. IMO Craig Tilley should be sacked over this whole episode.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think you are right that it was TA. As you said, he didn't qualify for their exemption (based on time period) so they bent over backwards to get him in on other grounds. As with everything, it seems its one set of rules for the main group and then a different set for the privileged and TA was at the heart of this. IMO Craig Tilley should be sacked over this whole episode.
I agree about TA and Tiley. One of my friends’ daughters was a good tennis player, she attended college in the US on a scholarship, he always said TA were hard to deal with and in the juniors it was often a case of who knew who as opposed to talent alone. They were desperate to have Novax compete, and once they found a loophole they encouraged him to exploit it. A lot of this could have been avoided if they’d simply said to him ‘get vaccinated, or don’t come. It’s as simple as that, Novak.’

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Hopefully he pays the court costs before leaving tonight . Total disgrace it’s gone this long . Over the rubbish . Lies in his application and think he is privileged. Seriously!!
Keep him in detention until he's paid costs.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Great day for Australia!.....
Imagine for a moment what that bunch of genocidal loonies would do if the boot was on the other foot?
Straight to the gulag. .... No posh hotel in Lygon St:rolleyes:

Apparently reached out to Dennis Denuto to take it to the High Court. ...no go, didn't feel the vibe:peepwall

• Haha

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
And Anthony Kelly's refrain "What more could he have done?"

here's a start...
Tell the truth.
Get vaccinated.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
ESPN will be happy. They’ve been bagging him out all week citing his deceitfulness and contempt, not just in this situation but generally, panning his overall character and hoping we stand firm and boot him out.

ESPN cover the US Open and I get the feeling they don’t have much love for Novax.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
There’s only two Aussie men that can salvage the Australian Open, when is a Kokk and the other just has it in his name.

The Barty Party rolls on with no fuss.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Strangely, a lucky loser has taken the No 1 seed in the draw?? :unsure: I thought they would've placed the number 5 seed or one of the 32 seeds in Novax's spot and the lucky loser somewhere in the middle spots.