Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Good to see Dan and his Gestapo police looking after his Chinese sponsors at the tennis.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Good to see Dan and his Gestapo police looking after his Chinese sponsors at the tennis.
I can really see why you identify with Homer Simpson. Do you always spout the first stupid, paranoid thing that comes into your head? Trying doing some basic research, like what a 12 yr old can manage:
- " Tennis Australia’s conditions of entry prohibit any “unauthorised promotional, commercial, political, religious or offensive items of whatever nature including clothing, banners, signs, symbols, leaflets, stickers or flyers”. [The Age, 23/1]

It's all down to TA who control/run the event including most costs & profits. Although, "One of the Australian Open’s major sponsors is a state-owned Chinese liquor brand."

More down to commercial interests and protections than anything to do with VicGov or Dan. Although they want the economy to return to normal activity/employment etc asap since any government's survival long-term needs that.

Anyway, shouldn't you be out marching with the other feral fools with your DD signs? Seems there's always a demo on somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
That’s on TA and AO, got nothing to do with either the State or Federal Government, but they should have grown a pair and allowed it as a form of protest.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
That’s on TA and AO, got nothing to do with either the State or Federal Government, but they should have grown a pair and allowed it as a form of protest.
Would be good to see a player wear one of those tshirts at the after match presser. They wouldn’t have purchased a ticket to get in so wouldn’t be in contravention of the t&c’s, plus they are already free to answer questions about her. Would be an interesting bind TA and the AO would find themselves in.
PS: would be even better if the players wear the tshirts during the game :)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Hopefully it will continue, but right now she’s on another level. The Dustin Martin of tennis.
Yep. Too easy for her. Good to see Rafa made it to the SF in 5 sets after that goose Canadian's silly accusations on Rafa getting gifted on time wasting.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Don't bother watching much in the way of tennis, not a fan of all the grunting, screeching n hissy fits.

Saw on the news that old man Rafa hung tuff n outlasted that Pavalova bloke today. Kinda has me wondering about the so called up n comers of generation next in men's tennis.
Looks more to me that the young blokes are just sitting back n praying for the old farts to fall off the top of the perch or shuffle off to the retirement village rather than push them out of contention on pure ability.
Rafa's 35 n ranked 5 in the world, been struggling to get over some wear n tear old fart injuries in recent years.
Pavalova's 22 n ranked 14 in the world, should be coming into his prime n looking to stamp his mark on the game.

Last couple of days there's been plenty of summer warm around to make the players earn their keep n it's still the old fart rubbing the young pretenders nose in the dirt.

Old mate Fedex has so many candles on his cakes now he struggles to blow them out, but when fit still manages to give the young snot noses a fair bit of hurry up n Djerkoffitch when he's allowed to play makes em all look foolish.

Bloody sad indictment on the younger players that they still haven't been able to push through n take over from the old blokes, it's only through the old blokes falling apart that the next lot are even getting a look.

BLACKTIGS

Tiger Rookie
Mar 21, 2014
Don't bother watching much in the way of tennis, not a fan of all the grunting, screeching n hissy fits.

Saw on the news that old man Rafa hung tuff n outlasted that Pavalova bloke today. Kinda has me wondering about the so called up n comers of generation next in men's tennis.
Looks more to me that the young blokes are just sitting back n praying for the old farts to fall off the top of the perch or shuffle off to the retirement village rather than push them out of contention on pure ability.
Rafa's 35 n ranked 5 in the world, been struggling to get over some wear n tear old fart injuries in recent years.
Pavalova's 22 n ranked 14 in the world, should be coming into his prime n looking to stamp his mark on the game.

Last couple of days there's been plenty of summer warm around to make the players earn their keep n it's still the old fart rubbing the young pretenders nose in the dirt.

Old mate Fedex has so many candles on his cakes now he struggles to blow them out, but when fit still manages to give the young snot noses a fair bit of hurry up n Djerkoffitch when he's allowed to play makes em all look foolish.

Bloody sad indictment on the younger players that they still haven't been able to push through n take over from the old blokes, it's only through the old blokes falling apart that the next lot are even getting a look.
I’d love our RFC old farts push some young noses to the dirt this season….its very possible

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I’d love our RFC old farts push some young noses to the dirt this season….its very possible
With the full support of our RFC young snot noses of course. Would love to see a few of R2D2, Stacka, Raaaallllph etc get a shiny dingly dangly alongside our old farts.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
hehehehehe
Kiwi Michael Venus unloading on Kyrgios.

“On the maturity side, you see why he’s never fulfilled his potential and probably never will,” he said.

“His maturity level, it’s probably being generous to about a 10-year-old, it’s at about that level.”

“They’ll always be his supporters and he’ll spin it in a way that helps him but at the end of the day he’s an absolute knob.

Reactions: 5 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
hehehehehe
Kiwi Michael Venus unloading on Kyrgios.

Very accurate summary from the Kiwi. Well done. Kyrgios has shown in the past he has no mental stamina. No grit.

Unfortunately Koki is fast becoming a kockhead the more time he spends with that goose. Hopefully they get knocked out. Go Bunta? Get pissed and come to the teenis so you can heckle our opposition?

The issue with Kyrgios (and many of us) is what happens if you give it everything and still fail? I doubt Nick could cope with that.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Very accurate summary from the Kiwi. Well done. Kyrgios has shown in the past he has no mental stamina. No grit.

Unfortunately Koki is fast becoming a kockhead the more time he spends with that goose. Hopefully they get knocked out. Go Bunta? Get pissed and come to the teenis so you can heckle our opposition?

The issue with Kyrgios (and many of us) is what happens if you give it everything and still fail? I doubt Nick could cope with that.
When Kyrgios retires (and it won’t be that long. He’s a bit of a 7 day wonder) he’ll find he doesn’t have too many friends for exactly the reason his opponent said.