Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I'm a bit over him.
There's no Becker, Lendel, Aggasi, The Sweds Edberg or Willander .
There's no serious competition in tennis anymore..
I agree it's been a boring era. The thing that I'm enjoying about Nadal at the moment though is that his phyical/ability superiority is gone so what we are seeing now is pure mental will. He has no peer in regards to mental toughness and effort.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I agree it's been a boring era. The thing that I'm enjoying about Nadal at the moment though is that his phyical/ability superiority is gone so what we are seeing now is pure mental will. He has no peer in regards to mental toughness and effort.
No competition.
He is in the AFL while everyone else is in the VAFA.
The old days 80'-90's
The competition was everywhere.
Stitch, Becker, Courier, Sampras, Ederg, lendel, Cash,
Who's Nadal competition Novak?
Tonic??

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
No competition.
The old days 80'-90's
Tonic??
Who? Those guys don’t hold a candle to the modern player. Stitch? Cash? Jeezus. Cash wouldn’t win a point on clay against Nadal. Lendl wouldn’t get near him on grass. The top 50 guys now would beat Stitch.

The game has developed massively. Players are much more rounded. Fitter. Faster. Better. By miles.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Heatwave in Europe, but London's only 18.

Wimbledon starts tonight with no more Ash. Oh well, at least it opens the women's competition more.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
No competition.
The old days 80'-90's
Tonic??
You can add McEnroe, Agassi, and Connors plus the other top Swedes in Mats Wilander and Joakim Nystrom and other handy players in Goran Ivanisevic, Yannick Noah and Leconte.

Greater competition across the board back then many great players but different eras.

Last edited:

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Now he's spitting at (or towards) fans. Kyrgios has unbelievable talent but he's an absolute fruitloop.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Now he's spitting at (or towards) fans. Kyrgios has unbelievable talent but he's an absolute fruitloop.
He's funny at times. He was asked about it and said he did spit at them. If they were supporting him he would not have.

I've always detested his lack of sportsmanship and inability to accept when he is wrong but he does nail some things.

The biggest disappointment for me his the unwillingness to explore his own talent deeply enough.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Rather stick a fork in my eye and watch Kyrios play, can't believe people get off there couch and pay money to watch him live.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
He's funny at times. He was asked about it and said he did spit at them. If they were supporting him he would not have.

I've always detested his lack of sportsmanship and inability to accept when he is wrong but he does nail some things.

The biggest disappointment for me his the unwillingness to explore his own talent deeply enough.
Yeah I've rarely found his antics funny. I didn't mind him early on I like those who are a bit different in sport but whereas some mature he seems to get more childish as he gets older. But I agree, a super talent but just isn't interested in being the best, seems more intent on abusing people and complaining about 1st world things.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
NIck Kyrgios is at a point of his career where he should be playing off for slams regularly.

The guy is easily one of the most naturally talented and gifted blokes in the elite level.

Nick can do anything on the court he has all the weapons and all the touch and skill apart from mental toughness.

With all the money the youngsters make these days its easy for them to snatch it when things go awry and just turn up and get paid at the next tournament.

They aren't really in it for the prestige most of them.

Sadly his Mental toughness and application is non existent.

Rafter or Hewett's attitude in Nick Kyrgios he'd have 10 slams on his mantle by the time he retired.

Disappointing he is a true wasting talent.

And his behavior is nothing less than pathetic.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
NIck Kyrgios is at a point of his career where he should be playing off for slams regularly.

The guy is easily one of the most naturally talented and gifted blokes in the elite level.

Nick can do anything on the court he has all the weapons and all the touch and skill apart from mental toughness.

With all the money the youngsters make these days its easy for them to snatch it when things go awry and just turn up and get paid at the next tournament.

Rafter or Hewett's attitude in Nick Kyrgios he'd have 10 slams on his mantle by the time he retired.

Correct Craig. I like tennis, but I can’t be bothered watching Kyrgios. You know it’s just a matter of time before he loses it. It’s so predictable and kind of boring to watch.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

What a hypocrit this d-head is. Whinges about fans making comments at the court, and yet revs up the crowd with best mate Kokki at the AO last time.