Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
More likely Nadal retires hurt rather than give Kyrgios the satisfaction of beating him in a Semi. Might even pull out before the semi.
Yeah let's hope it doesn't happen. If so, at least Novax should beat Pryckios in the final.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I find it interesting how getting under your opponents skin in tennis is considered unsportsmanlike.

In soccer we thought it was brilliant how our goalie Threw the opponents water bottle into the crowd.

In AFL or cricket I’m not sure anyone has any issue with sledging that isn’t racist : homophobic etc.

It’s all part of the mind games.

Kyrgios should be on the umps policing Nadal to be ready for his serve and the time limits on nadal serving. It’s a brutal winner take all thing.

Nicks issue is personal attacks on officials - happy with that not being part of any sport and that he seems to upset himself as much as he can upset an opponent. Clearly tsitsipatas couldn’t deal with it and instead of looking within blamed nick. Nick will beat him again unless he stops sooking it up.

Fascinating stuff IMO.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Shame really. Was looking forward to seeing Nick get under Nadal's skin on court.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
If it is a Kyrgios v Djokovic final I will make it my life's mission to never find out who won.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If it is a Kyrgios v Djokovic final I will make it my life's mission to never find out who won.
Geez....what a gift. Rafa had to wait until the SF to go out. I don't like both too, but rather Novax to win.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Geez....what a gift. Rafa had to wait until the SF to go out. I don't like both too, but rather Novax to win.
Wow. What a chance blown by Taylor Fritz - couldn't put away a clearly struggling Rafa - and Raf's family wanting him to retire due to the injury causing more damage.

Much fairer (and sensible!!) if he had conceded that match so Fritz and Kyrgios had to earn their chance in a WF. Advantage Kyrgios now; gets to recuperate/rest up, especially if Novax gets a tough match from the Brit. Which I doubt, unless the hometown support lifts him another level or two.

Have been a huge critic of Kyrgios but have come to understand him a little mofre from reading up a lot more about him. However, still something of a narcissist IMO, and abuse of others is never acceptable in any context, although some gamesmanship that does not involve that, is always part of sport.

However, he's a freak tennis talent. But I'll define that: his serve is freakishly good, such that he has incredible confidence in it, to hit his way out of trouble continually with power, even on barely reduced pace 2nd serves. You take away his serve's effectiveness, the rest of his game is not good enough against arguably one of the greatest. And the Joker will return his serves better than anyone else he's faced. After that, his all-court game on both wings is far superior, even at the net he's better.

Would prefer anyone ahead of Novax, even Kyrgios - he's an Aussie after all, even if a *smile*. But unless Novax is really worn down by the time he gets to the final, little chance Kyrgios.

PS - amused by the way Novax foxed the first 2 sets wiuth Sinner; he just wanted the match practice and endurance building of 5 sets, expecting he'd be playing Rafa in the final. Not that Sinner won't be quite a player.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Wow. What a chance blown by Taylor Fritz - couldn't put away a clearly struggling Rafa - and Raf's family wanting him to retire due to the injury causing more damage.

Much fairer (and sensible!!) if he had conceded that match so Fritz and Kyrgios had to earn their chance in a WF. Advantage Kyrgios now; gets to recuperate/rest up, especially if Novax gets a tough match from the Brit. Which I doubt, unless the hometown support lifts him another level or two.

Have been a huge critic of Kyrgios but have come to understand him a little mofre from reading up a lot more about him. However, still something of a narcissist IMO, and abuse of others is never acceptable in any context, although some gamesmanship that does not involve that, is always part of sport.

However, he's a freak tennis talent. But I'll define that: his serve is freakishly good, such that he has incredible confidence in it, to hit his way out of trouble continually with power, even on barely reduced pace 2nd serves. You take away his serve's effectiveness, the rest of his game is not good enough against arguably one of the greatest. And the Joker will return his serves better than anyone else he's faced. After that, his all-court game on both wings is far superior, even at the net he's better.

Would prefer anyone ahead of Novax, even Kyrgios - he's an Aussie after all, even if a *smile*. But unless Novax is really worn down by the time he gets to the final, little chance Kyrgios.

PS - amused by the way Novax foxed the first 2 sets wiuth Sinner; he just wanted the match practice and endurance building of 5 sets, expecting he'd be playing Rafa in the final. Not that Sinner won't be quite a player.
I was thinking the same thing about Fritz. Bit unfair I suppose, but the match was completed and won by Rafa.

Pryckios has talent, albeit skinny (where are his guns?), but can't warm to him as I've seen enough disrespect from him over the years. Novax we all know is a d-head and lucky Wimbledon allowed anti-vaxxers to play (how the f*ck I'll never know considering Covid is/was bad in the UK), but he is more a professional.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I've seen a couple of big Kyrgios matches, he can take unpredictable to great heights. You think he's gone for all money, body language, score, and he wins. You think he's home and hosed and he loses. and you can think both of those things during the one match.

Djokovic doing his old long toilet break trick.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Young prince George just learned a few new words. Mummy what does *smile* mean?

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Djokovic doing his old long toilet break trick.
he did??

only watched the first 2 sets. went to bed thinking it'll be Novax in 4 or Nick in 5.

Good on Kyrgios. that first serve when it's on is ridiculous.

Novax supremely experienced, reads his opponents, takes a toilet break, and wins.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Young prince George just learned a few new words. Mummy what does *smile* mean?
Every time they showed them Prince George looked to trying to sit as far away from Daddy as possible. The old man had probably warned him not tell Nick to pull his head in each time Kyrgios was sooking to his box.