Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Went the typical way of tough matches for Nick K.

Play well, show your talent, then let tiny things get into his head and make him angry and he blows it. Rince and repeat. If he went to see a psychologist to get over this I reckon he wins multiple grand slams. If he doesn't then he will just be another wasted talent (will still be rich though).

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Play well, show your talent, then let tiny things get into his head and make him angry and he blows it. Rince and repeat. If he went to see a psychologist to get over this I reckon he wins multiple grand slams. If he doesn't then he will just be another wasted talent (will still be rich though).
You can see Novax bursting with laughter all bottled up.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The way he rants and raves at his family members in the box its no wonder his mother doesn't go and watch him. She would have well and truly had a gutful of his tantrums when he was a kid. Imagine the dummy spits while shopping when his mum told him he couldn't have an ice-cream or some lollies.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The way he rants and raves at his family members in the box its no wonder his mother doesn't go and watch him. She would have well and truly had a gutful of his tantrums when he was a kid. Imagine the dummy spits while shopping when his mum told him he couldn't have an ice-cream or some lollies.
Yep. Really embarrassing for them. Novax even complimented he'd be good at this level and yet he still demotes himself by saying "nuh I'm tired...blah..blah...blah...". P.O. and get out of the limelight then.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Didn't even bow to the beautiful Kate like Novax did.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just heard it last night the ATP took out ranking points for the Wimbledon winner (Novax) due to them allowing Russians and Belarusians to play because of the Ukraine/Russia war.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Serena Williams 'hints' at retirement.
Great tennis player but she won't be missed from where I sit.
Give me Ash over her any day.
Hoping Tomjlanovic knocks her off today. The crowd treatment of Kontaveit the other day was beyond appalling.
Serena is undoubtedly a great player, probably the best womens player ever, but she lacks grace as a sports person imo. She never acknowledges her opponent, it’s always been about her.
As you rightly say Barty has it all over Serena in what a true sports person should be. Grace and dignity is never something Serena has had

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Watched the end of the Williams match yesterday. The aussie walked off after the win to let Williams enjoy the moment. Classy. Williams then said not one word about the match, nor one word of congrats to her opponent. Continued her history of completely classless losses. Will not miss her entitled, spoilt attitude and complete lack of sportsmanship one bit.

Good article on her below.

Reactions: 9 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Watched the end of the Williams match yesterday. The aussie walked off after the win to let Williams enjoy the moment. Classy. Williams then said not one word about the match, nor one word of congrats to her opponent. Continued her history of completely classless losses. Will not miss her entitled, spoilt attitude and complete lack of sportsmanship one bit.
agree

after dealing all match with the pro-Williams crowd, Ajla Tomljanovic was awesome. she kind of won the crowd over with her graciousness.

Williams is a ungracious prat. I'm glad she was wiped 6-1 in the decider.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
agree

after dealing all match with the pro-Williams crowd, Ajla Tomljanovic was awesome. she kind of won the crowd over with her graciousness.

No one ever brings up Williams’ abuse of a lines person in the US against Clijsters. She got off that with a fine that amounted to small change for her. Now it’s St Serena. Won’t be missed by many. The sport is better off now that she’s ‘evolved’ away from tennis. I guess mother Williams can nap on her couch rather than at the court now.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
agree

Apart from being awesome after the match she was awesome during it. It’s been well documented that she has struggled with lack of self belief . I read an article recently about her and she has had a totally unexpected mentoring relationship with Chris Evert who saw something in her.
She could have folded under the pressure 10 times during that match and didn’t.

Reactions: 3 users