Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Sure he's got a metal hip but Andy Murray *smile* me to tears.
Runs around all over the court chasing the ball down & then can't walk between points? If he's really injured then he's moving like Rafa the other night during games.
I think he has a mental crutch with his injury shenanigans & loves the narrative.
Have seen him do this stuff over the course of his career when things aren't going well for him.
Warrior? or Drama Queen?
I was sure glad Bautista-Agut won.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Runs around all over the court chasing the ball down & then can't walk between points?
I think he has a mental crutch with his injury shenanigans & loves the narrative.
Have seen him do this stuff over the course of his career when things aren't going well for him.
Warrior? or Drama Queen?
Interesting. I watched a few minutes of him last night (the only tennis I’ve watched) and was thinking the same.

I’m a patient of his Australian hip surgeon. He tells some interesting stories about Murray and his coach Lendl. Very demanding let’s say (polite description) so there might be something to your assessment.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Runs around all over the court chasing the ball down & then can't walk between points? If he's really injured then he's moving like Rafa the other night during games.
Warrior? or Drama Queen?
Same here.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Warrior? or Drama Queen?
Jeez that's pretty cynical. He is playing at the elite level?

Perhaps its simply pain related. When he is focused on the point he could ignore the pain but in between points it really hits?

He did spend 5 hours on court in each of his last 2 matches. One finished at 4.30am. He doesn't need the money, to me he's a compettior. I think his effort is more to be celebrated than criticised.

Reactions: 2 users

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
A lot of athletes focus past pain to execute and then struggle when their mind is clear again.
My wife and I ended up going to the Murray v Agut match last night. Great atmosphere, Murray looked stuffed physically very early on, but kept grinding away. Ultimately Agut had 1 more winner and 25 less unforced errors - that's the match right there.

We also spotted Jacob Hopper and his girlfriend when watching some juniors on the outside courts before the night session. Obviously took Zip's advice to head along to the tennis!

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
TV ratings are way down this year apparently. Hardly a surprise.
What’s with the HS bagging the living daylights out of the AO this year ? Clearly there’s a motive - as there usually is with those scumbags - but they’ve been sticking the boot in about everything and anything almost every single day.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
What’s with the HS bagging the living daylights out of the AO this year ? Clearly there’s a motive - as there usually is with those scumbags - but they’ve been sticking the boot in about everything and anything almost every single day.
The broadcaster is Channel 9 who own The Age and SMH …the only thing I can think of

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The broadcaster is Channel 9 who own The Age and SMH …the only thing I can think of
Yes. But channel 9’s largest shareholder is a bed buddy of Murdoch’s. They both tried to buy Channel 10 a few years ago.

Maybe they’re not on such good terms now, who knows.