Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Re: Aust Open Tennis

One thing that annoys me come Aust Open time is having to see & listen to John Alexander.His post interview of Serena Williams was deplorable.

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004

mb64 said:
One thing that annoys me come Aust Open time is having to see & listen to John Alexander.His post interview of Serena Williams was deplorable.

Couldnt agree more
The whole post match interview was like one private joke

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Federer having a training gallop & Mary Pierce nearly completed a demolition on Nicole Pratt.

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne

Michael said:
mb64 said:

Couldnt agree more
The whole post match interview was like one private joke

Williams is a joke, heard her say she doesn't read the papers, only looks at the pictures ::)

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Leyton Hewitt struggling against Vik.Hewitt won 1st set but was broken twice in 2nd set to lose 6-2.His serve has been under pressure for the whole match.Needs to lift his game.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

mk33 said:
Go the Vik, as a proud Victorian I hope he does well.
Hewitt was down 0-40 on serve but scrambles back to win game.Vik is serving well & Hewitt doesn't look like breaking him at the minute.Beaten to love this game.2all 3rd set.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Despite going up a break in the 3rd set Hewitt lost it 7-5 & looks in huge trouble.His serve continues to be hammered.On the last 2 sets its hard seeing him getting out of this match.Hewitt also broken in 1st game of 4th set.

mk33

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2005
Caulfield

The seeds are going quickly I see Monfries is out

Might be the Poo's year, good the Melbourne and the Victorian boy VIK.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne

Jools said:
mb64 said:
Hewitt coming back.Can he scramble out of this one?

I always like Hewitts chances in a 5 setter.

Agree.
Plus he's "been there, done that" now too....whereas the 'Viz' would be starting to think, "Gee, I could win this" and become a little nervous.
Maybe I'll be proven wrong though...we'll see..

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne

Still don't reckon he'll get far... :-X

Has Bec and a kid now....so thats his career down the :flush

How many sportsmen down the years have been ruined by sheilas?... :hihi

Yeah, yeah...people will say Agassi has been better since he met Steffi, but he was down the flusher as well when he was with Brooke Shields.

Tiger Woods hasn't been the same since he hooked-up with that Swedish model (poor bastard! :hihi)....Sampras, Edberg, even 'our' Harry Kewell's groin has been wrecked since he met up with Sheree! :-X
And Richo used to kick as straight as an arrow until he met some girl in the sandpit at kindergarten...he's never been the same since! :hihi

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

You have to hand it to Hewitt, he has an amazing amount of heart. Vik was making freaky shots, but Hewitt hung in there and overcame him. Pat Cash used to do the same thing, it was like he didn't think the game was worth winning unless he had to fight for it. Having said that Lleyton had the look of a man who wanted to be elsewhere for most of the match.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Grosjean has an easy win over the finished Scud.Phillippousos would be best served to give the game away as he is a waste of time in this sport as he is simply not prepared to do the hard work.Hewitt lucky & would not surprised if Chela beat him in round 2.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Flubadoofus. My most despised sportsperson in the world. Glad that overated, attention seeking, unfocussed, dumbo quitter is gone and that we won't have to see his big dumb bonce in the paper anymore.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Redford said:
Flubadoofus. My most despised sportsperson in the world. Glad that overated, attention seeking, unfocussed, dumbo quitter is gone and that we won't have to see his big dumb bonce in the paper anymore.
Hopefully he will not be gifted a wild card next year & we won't have to witness this half hearted Dud again.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Redford said:

Isn't that Mark Phillauseless.....hang on maybe it's Mark Philahopeless.........anyway it's a shame seen this AMERICAN lose last night...................not.

It's all over for Scud the Dud.