Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
Re: Aust Open Tennis

"Scud the Dud" was responsible for our last two Davis Cup victories, mate. How quickly people forget.

Don't know how he is American now, where else would you live if you were on the ATP tour and wanted to cut travelling time down? He has always represented Australia.

As for being a quitter... You wouldn't think he would have much motivation when almost every single Australian has turned on him.

I still think he has something left to offer, so here's a little something for all you *smile* Nay-sayers: (_|_)

And if I'm wrong and he doesn't improve, then I guess he's a real "loser" who gets to shag a supermodel, drive fast cars and roll around in millions of dollars for the rest of his playboy life 8) 8) 8)

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Otis said:
"Scud the Dud" was responsible for our last two Davis Cup victories, mate. How quickly people forget.

Don't know how he is American now, where else would you live if you were on the ATP tour and wanted to cut travelling time down? He has always represented Australia.

As for being a quitter... You wouldn't think he would have much motivation when almost every single Australian has turned on him.

I still think he has something left to offer, so here's a little something for all you *smile* Nay-sayers: (_|_)

And if I'm wrong and he doesn't improve, then I guess he's a real "loser" who gets to shag a supermodel, drive fast cars and roll around in millions of dollars for the rest of his playboy life 8) 8) 8)

Good for you Otis. The Scud is my personal favourite player. His off court form is second to none.

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne

thanks mk and jb 8)

Looks like Damir is gonna kill us all: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=71679

Australia has brainwashed Jelena: Damir
Thursday Jan 19 08:04 AEDT

Damir Dokic says he is seeking to kidnap his estranged daughter Jelena, and has threatened to kill an Australian as revenge for her returning to the country.

In a sensational rant to a Serbian newspaper, Damir Dokic has vowed revenge against Australia for conspiring to return the 2000 Wimbledon semi-finalist to the country.

Damir, renowned for his erratic behaviour, says he wants to drop a nuclear bomb on Australia and accuses Croatia and the Vatican of influencing her decision to quit Serbia and return to Australia.

Under her father's guidance, Jelena Dokic quit Australia for Serbia in 2001, and has only just returned to the Australian fold after becoming estranged from Damir.

"Australia with the help of Croatia and the Vatican have brainwashed my daughter," Damir told Serbian daily Kurir.

"I have thought about dropping a nuclear bomb on Sydney since Jelena lost in the first round this week, for which Australia is to blame.

"I have even thought about killing an Australian in revenge, but I wouldn't gain anything from it."

Damir has sought help from Serbian politicians, including an accused war criminal, in kidnapping Jelena.

"Only two were ready to help," Damir said.

"One of them however, Vojislav Seselj, is waiting to be tried at the International War Crimes Tribunal in the Hague."

Damir said it was Australia, rather than him, that was mentally suspect.

"Australia is a spoiled nation," Damir said.

"They can expect my revenge.

"I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees Celsius outside."

©AAP 2005

those last two quotes are priceless :rofl

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong

Sounds like Sam Stosur had a great match, winning it two sets.

Rod Laver Arena - Women's Singles - 2nd Round
Match Statistics
Draws

Ana Ivanovic SCG (21) 3 5
Samantha Stosur AUS 6 7

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/cmatch/08ws.html

Down 5 1 in the second to come back and take the set and match!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Otis said:
thanks mk and jb 8)

Looks like Damir is gonna kill us all: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=71679

Australia has brainwashed Jelena: Damir
Thursday Jan 19 08:04 AEDT

Damir Dokic says he is seeking to kidnap his estranged daughter Jelena, and has threatened to kill an Australian as revenge for her returning to the country.

In a sensational rant to a Serbian newspaper, Damir Dokic has vowed revenge against Australia for conspiring to return the 2000 Wimbledon semi-finalist to the country.

Damir, renowned for his erratic behaviour, says he wants to drop a nuclear bomb on Australia and accuses Croatia and the Vatican of influencing her decision to quit Serbia and return to Australia.

Under her father's guidance, Jelena Dokic quit Australia for Serbia in 2001, and has only just returned to the Australian fold after becoming estranged from Damir.

"Australia with the help of Croatia and the Vatican have brainwashed my daughter," Damir told Serbian daily Kurir.

"I have thought about dropping a nuclear bomb on Sydney since Jelena lost in the first round this week, for which Australia is to blame.

"I have even thought about killing an Australian in revenge, but I wouldn't gain anything from it."

Damir has sought help from Serbian politicians, including an accused war criminal, in kidnapping Jelena.

"Only two were ready to help," Damir said.

"One of them however, Vojislav Seselj, is waiting to be tried at the International War Crimes Tribunal in the Hague."

Damir said it was Australia, rather than him, that was mentally suspect.

"Australia is a spoiled nation," Damir said.

"They can expect my revenge.

"I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees Celsius outside."

©AAP 2005

those last two quotes are priceless :rofl

;D Fair point abut the sausages I guess. :hihi

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Flubadoofus is a pea brain. Granted, he's got a lot of talent, but is it any wonder he gets so much deserved criticism when he:

- absolutely denigrates two Australian legends of the game in Newcombe and Roche like he did a few years ago;
- chucked a sooky and refused to play Davis Cup for his country when he was available;
- is constantly sacking his coaches;
- gets out of shape and unfit and then blames injuries for his poor performances;
- is generally making all these claims about what he's gonna do as opposed to what he actually does do.

The bloke who called SEN up yesterday morning and just poured it on Flubadoofus was absolutely spot on. Even Craig Gabriel struggled to defend him the guy was so accurate.

I will admit the chicks he goes out with are good entertainment value.... :hihi

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne

Redford said:
Flubadoofus is a pea brain. (I can't name many sportspeople who are scholars.) Granted, he's got a lot of talent, but is it any wonder he gets so much deserved criticism when he:

-  absolutely denigrates two Australian legends of the game in Newcombe and Roche like he did a few years ago; (I wouldn't say "denigrates", most defamatory comments were in fact made by Newcombe, Rafter and Woodbridge against Philippoussis.)
-  chucked a sooky and refused to play Davis Cup for his country when he was available; (His father/mentor/coach had a cancer scare yet no member of the Davis Cup squad showed any compassion, but if Rafter broke a nail Newcombe and Roche would be the first to stick their tongues down the back of Pat's trousers. US Open final between Mark and Pat saw Newcombe and Roche sitting and supporting from the Rafter camp).
-  is constantly sacking his coaches; (I have no comeback to this)
-  gets out of shape and unfit and then blames injuries for his poor performances; (I haven't heard him blame his injuries too often - unless he retires injured, but he is injured a lot, aye?)
-  is generally making all these claims about what he's gonna do as opposed to what he actually does do.

The bloke who called SEN up yesterday morning and just poured it on Flubadoofus was absolutely spot on. Even Craig Gabriel struggled to defend him the guy was so accurate.

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne

Tigers of Old said:
mk33 said:
Pretty normal reaction
jb03 said:
Otis said:

:rofl :rofl :rofl
lol it gets funnier each time you read it :rofl :rofl :rofl

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Otis said:
Redford said:
Flubadoofus is a pea brain. (I can't name many sportspeople who are scholars.) Granted, he's got a lot of talent, but is it any wonder he gets so much deserved criticism when he:

-  absolutely denigrates two Australian legends of the game in Newcombe and Roche like he did a few years ago; (I wouldn't say "denigrates", most defamatory comments were in fact made by Newcombe, Rafter and Woodbridge against Philippoussis.)
-  chucked a sooky and refused to play Davis Cup for his country when he was available; (His father/mentor/coach had a cancer scare yet no member of the Davis Cup squad showed any compassion, but if Rafter broke a nail Newcombe and Roche would be the first to stick their tongues down the back of Pat's trousers. US Open final between Mark and Pat saw Newcombe and Roche sitting and supporting from the Rafter camp).
-  is constantly sacking his coaches; (I have no comeback to this)
-  gets out of shape and unfit and then blames injuries for his poor performances; (I haven't heard him blame his injuries too often - unless he retires injured, but he is injured a lot, aye?)
-  is generally making all these claims about what he's gonna do as opposed to what he actually does do.

You've probably validated why Flubadoofus is disliked so much Otis Elavators i.e. if guys like Rafter, Roche, Newcombe and Woodbridge - who seem to be widely reagrded as genuinely decent down to earth blokes and very popular - can all all treat someone like Flubadoofus with contempt, then that doesn't say much for the Flubba does it ?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Redford said:
Otis said:
Redford said:

- absolutely denigrates two Australian legends of the game in Newcombe and Roche like he did a few years ago; (I wouldn't say "denigrates", most defamatory comments were in fact made by Newcombe, Rafter and Woodbridge against Philippoussis.)
- chucked a sooky and refused to play Davis Cup for his country when he was available; (His father/mentor/coach had a cancer scare yet no member of the Davis Cup squad showed any compassion, but if Rafter broke a nail Newcombe and Roche would be the first to stick their tongues down the back of Pat's trousers. US Open final between Mark and Pat saw Newcombe and Roche sitting and supporting from the Rafter camp).
- is constantly sacking his coaches; (I have no comeback to this)
- gets out of shape and unfit and then blames injuries for his poor performances; (I haven't heard him blame his injuries too often - unless he retires injured, but he is injured a lot, aye?)
- is generally making all these claims about what he's gonna do as opposed to what he actually does do.

You've probably validated why Flubadoofus is disliked so much Otis Elavators i.e. if guys like Rafter, Roche, Newcombe and Woodbridge - who seem to be widely reagrded as genuinely decent down to earth blokes and very popular - can all all treat someone like Flubadoofus with contempt, then that doesn't say much for the Flubba does it ?

You are out of line of this one Redders. I'm dissappointed you would side with the ill informed majority on a sport such as Tennis. ;D

Kep at 'em Otis and leave the Poo alone.

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne

I don't know any of the tennis players personally so I can't say who is down to earth and who isn't. It was actually Mark Woodforde who had a go at Mark, not Todd Woodbridge (in correcting myself).

Having said that I still like them all.

To despise somebody usually takes a lot, and I know there's absolutely no way of turning you (or the hundreds of thousands of other anti-Philippoussis tennis fans) into a fan. I haven't tried, I'm just reasoning.

His name is Mark Philippoussis. Not Philauseless/hopeless/doofus. What are we, 12? If adult Australians feel the need/urge to resort to name-calling, then go to the cricket and hang out with your fellow numskull alcoholic redneck name-calling fans.

That is all.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

You are absolutely 100% correct Milo and Otis. My mispronunciation of “Dudadoofus” was well worth remedying. From now on I will cease incorrectly calling him “Flubadoofus” and refer to the correct pronunciation: “Snoozeruseless”. :hihi

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne

*sigh* :p

i'm gonna have to re-read the Damir Dokic article again for some comic relief. Can't wait for his next news story.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Feel sorry for Jelena, I can't imagine what it would be like to have an arrogant mental-case bully for a parent, must be tough.

Hope Latent Homosexual plays and gets crushed by Andy Roddick. Yeah great player, great fighter balh blah blah, but what an annoying *smile*. Showing secret Aboriginal paintings in a film he made for profit, like he needs the dough, when his so-called mate Andrew Mcleod asked him not to was the icing on what was already and undisputably huge cake.

At least he will never beat Rog

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

tigersnake said:
Feel sorry for Jelena, I can't imagine what it would be like to have an arrogant mental-case bully for a parent, must be tough.

Hope Latent Homosexual plays and gets crushed by Andy Roddick. Yeah great player, great fighter balh blah blah, but what an annoying *smile*. Showing secret Aboriginal paintings in a film he made for profit, like he needs the dough, when his so-called mate Andrew Mcleod asked him not to was the icing on what was already and undisputably huge cake.

Got a feeling he might go down to Chela (good value at $3.00).

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

jb03 said:
tigersnake said:

Got a feeling he might go down to Chela (good value at $3.00).

I agree Jim Beam. Good value. But I expect after last year, Chela will bring out the edginess in him that he seems to need to play at his best, and hence a Hewitt win just the same.