Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Great result - and seems like a ripper person. I wonder if tomic/kyrgios look at her with admiration.

Evidently she plays golf (rarely) off 10. Remarkable.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Well done Tiger Ash! :clap

I knew she was a Tiger but does anyone know how she became a fan being from Qld?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
theglove3 said:

I knew she was a Tiger but does anyone know how she became a fan being from Qld?

[youtube=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy9Gac6HY3g[/youtube]

From 2:15......she's not sure either. Influenced by her father who was a supporter. Just a sports-loving family I guess.

I didn't even know her father's indigenous.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
theglove3 said:

I read somewhere that her father follows West Tigers in the NRL, Richmond was just a natural progression.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/other-sports/news/australian-open-ash-barty-trent-cotchin-players-box/1qla03avl1tqo1f70xavtj0zor

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
lukeanddad said:
Great result - and seems like a ripper person. I wonder if tomic/kyrgios look at her with admiration.

Evidently she plays golf (rarely) off 10. Remarkable.

Neither of those 2 clowns would understand that you have to do the hard work to be a SUCCESSFUL sports person.

Ash has done & will continue to put the work required.

Fantastic effort Ash, congratulations i just love the way you roll. :clap :clap :clap

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Barty you go girl well done massive effort and reward for a road of hard work.

And shes a Tiger great result for ASH and a great result for Tennis.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Ash just moved to number 2 in world ranking. :clapping

Highest ranking for an Oz woman since Evonne for about 40+ years.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Didn't know she was a Queenslander. The club's done well to pick her up as a supporter.

Not our doing. She was a supporter from a young age and she's quite die-hard.

There was some footage of her warming up before a match by kicking a footy. She's better at dinky 10m chips than Shank.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ash won in straight sets 6-3, 7-5 and is now the number 1 ranked player in the world.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Great seeing Ash at the top with the no 1 next to her name. Tiger supporters get rewarded, whereas the Choker supporter who disrespected our cup is dropping like a stone. Karma is a *smile*.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
ONYA ASH YOU F$@^&*% SUPERSTAR !!!!!!!!!!! and a Tiger to boot, great reward for all the hard work good on her.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Interesting game between Nadal & Kyrgios. K kept his head mostly and wasn't far away. His fitness is not up to those elite players but he sure does have some skills. Nadal very happy with the win and spoke well after. Listening to radio this morning they made a good point that perhaps K is scared of really giving 100% in case he does and he doesn't win that GS. Easier to be competitive and say I could have won if I trained as hard as the other guys.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Great to see Tomic fined his total match fee for tanking, he won't be so smug now!!!!

• Haha