Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Naturally his goose of a mate came to his defence. $82k for one hours 'work' is a travesty and I'm glad he has been told to give it back.

It's been an expensive week or so for Bernard Chronic, accommodation, food, hitting partners, physio's etc

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Interesting game between Nadal & Kyrgios. K kept his head mostly and wasn't far away. His fitness is not up to those elite players but he sure does have some skills. Nadal very happy with the win and spoke well after. Listening to radio this morning they made a good point that perhaps K is scared of really giving 100% in case he does and he doesn't win that GS. Easier to be competitive and say I could have won if I trained as hard as the other guys.

This goose admitted he whacked the ball to hit Nadal on purpose but didn't apologise.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think it was Wednesday when I was listening to Mclure on SEN and he just kept talking about Kyrgios or Tomic, I switched of a heap of times an each time I came back his still crapping on about these two dead set *smile*. Seriously why do the media give them any air time, Barty is starring, World Cup women’s soccer is on, World Cup cricket is on, state of origin is on, AFL is heating up and the media wants to talk about 2 of the most pea hearted sports people of all time

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Barty in a lot of trouble. The Yank she’s playing is absolutely smoking the ball. She’s just broken Barty’s serve and is serving for the match at 5-3 in the 3rd.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Barty out. Blown off the court by the 89th ranked player in the world.

Disappointing but her opponent was exceptional.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Barty in a lot of trouble. The Yank she’s playing is absolutely smoking the ball. She’s just broken Barty’s serve and is serving for the match at 5-3 in the 3rd.

I was about to say xxxx off yank, but I thought better and shouldn’t be disrespectful of a player whose only fault is that she beat an Aussie loved one. So well done Riske.

And Ash, let the Tigers get you a result on the last Saturday in September.

And go well at Flushing Meadow in the meantime after you’ve had some well earned R&R.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
well I jumped on the Barty bandwagon a bit late. Only thing I know about tennis, if you don't get your first serve in its a lot harder.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Barty out. Blown off the court by the 89th ranked player in the world.

Disappointing but her opponent was exceptional.

Shiiiit!! I was hoping she'd go all the way. Looks like another screecher made her way....should be banned in tennis.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Shiiiit!! I was hoping she'd go all the way. Looks like another screecher made her way....should be banned in tennis.

The screeching is just cheating its a way of covering the sound of the ball coming off the racquet.

Depending upon whether the ball is hit with excessive top spin, regular amount of top spin or flat the ball will make a diffenrent noise as it comes off the raquet.

The opponent doesn't get that early insight into what sort of return they are about to field.

Back spin or slicing is obvious in style used to make the shot it doesnt count.