Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
That's an incredible achievement. 50 years since Goolagong. Thought we might never see this again.
A great role model for all Australians but particularly indigenous Australians.

Reactions: 2 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Congrats Ash on your Wimbledon win. Hopefully the Tigers were sleeping and not watching like I was. I am happy to live vicariously through you if we don't experience success this year. You Go Girl!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Go Ash. the far better player in a great moment that had history tied to it.
Pliskova not so gracious in defeat.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A champion on and off the court.:clap2

“I’ve just tried to live by my values that my parents instilled in me,” she replied bashfully. “It’s more important to be a good person than it is a good tennis player. I was extremely lucky to have an opportunity to learn how to play tennis. But being a good human being is absolutely my priority every single day.”

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Congrats Ash on your Wimbledon win. Hopefully the Tigers were sleeping and not watching like I was. I am happy to live vicariously through you if we don't experience success this year. You Go Girl!!!!

I reckon its plausible she reminds us what Richmond People are and inspires us.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Great work Ash - won her second grand slam and on grass is pretty special.

Lets hope this is her gift to the tigers - that it rubs onto them as a team and are inspired to turn their season around - Barty went from injured in Paris to Wimbledon champ.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I am sure Cotch was watching it is the least he can do after Ash skipped defending her French Open title last year to watch her Tigers win the :cupgold , a 4:10pm start, can sleep in :) ;)

Last edited:
  • Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I am sure Cotch was watching, a 4:10pm start, can sleep in :) ;)

hopefully they set up an opportunity for Cotchy to present Our Ash with the plate.

does she take the big gold plate home? they seemed eager to pinch it off her pretty quick?

it'll look good with a black silk sash

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
hopefully they set up an opportunity for Cotchy to present Our Ash with the plate.

does she take the big gold plate home? they seemed eager to pinch it off her pretty quick?

it'll look good with a black silk sash
They keep that one, but she’ll get a replica of some sort.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That as my read on it, too. I could almost see at times when Ash started slicing the ball at every shot of Pliskova she was thinking ‘not the *smile* slice again!’

yeah Our Ash played a very discipline, tactical, game.

1 drop shot and a couple of forced lobs aside, she was like a metronome.

her shot selection was incredible.