Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
yeah Our Ash played a very discipline, tactical, game.

1 drop shot and a couple of forced lobs aside, she was like a metronome.

her shot selection was incredible.
I read an article the other day which she said she didn’t have any real on court weapons, and her real strength is in her tough and strong she is mentally. That last bit is true, but her slice shot and the way she uses it is a definite weapon, especially on grass.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I read an article the other day which she said she didn’t have any real on court weapons, and her real strength is in her tough and strong she is mentally. That last bit is true, but her slice shot and the way she uses it is a definite weapon, especially on grass.

yeah I reckon her weapon is her shot selection and discipline.

and obviously a steely nerve, which any major winner has.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tonight's men's final would be worth watching with the Italian underdog Berrettini against that smug Jocks.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Novak should end his career as the GOAT. Hope he wins the grand slam.
Yeh, as an unabashed Nadal fan I think Novak has the best claim on the GOAT status. Fed arguably down to 3rd. I hope he doesn’t get the slam but hard to see him getting beaten.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
After being asked who's gonna win the Euro, Jocks generalised and then I saw him whisper to Berrettini with both having a giggle. Must of told him that Italy's got it in the bag.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Not a huge fan of tennis but what Emma Raducanu achieved in winning the US open is extraordinary

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Medvedev is up 6-4, 6-4 and 3-0 against Djokovic in the final. Go Danny boy, please, please.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not a huge fan of tennis but what Emma Raducanu achieved in winning the US open is extraordinary
It's depressing when you realise some of these winners, like Raducanu, were born this millennium