Thai soccer players and coach found alive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thai soccer players and coach found alive

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Fantastic news that they are getting them out. A good news story.
yep & fantastic to see the international help.

6 boys are out :) the weakest ones out first

also just reported for the next stage of the operation they need 10 hrs to prepare

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
8 kids out. Leaving 4 plus coach.

You’d assume they would bring the last 5 there tomorrow..

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's great that they are getting them out.
Equally amazing that they found them in the first place.
Those two British cave divers that found them are pretty astounding as are all the others involved in this rescue.
Saddest part is that a Thai man died trying to get them out. He should never be forgotten in all of this.
Hopefully the rescue is concluded with all of them getting out today.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Harry said:
What were they doing 4kms in a cave in the first place?
I'd hazard a guess (based on rumours circling the media) that they didn't deliberately go 4km in. I suspect they were in there when water started flowing in, blocking them from going back the way they came in. Therefore they went deeper into the cave to a) look for an alternative exit and b) a desperate attempt to escape waters flowing into the cave.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Panthera Tigris said:
I'd hazard a guess (based on rumours circling the media) that they didn't deliberately go 4km in. I suspect they were in there when water started flowing in, blocking them from going back the way they came in. Therefore they went deeper into the cave to a) look for an alternative exit and b) a desperate attempt to escape waters flowing into the cave.

What I don't understand is why go in there now? Just coming into the wet season? They've had the dry season to do it but chose now. Seems strange to me.
I'm really happy they are all safe, but another man has lost his life and his family deserve to understand why.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Those two British cave divers that found them are pretty astounding as are all the others involved in this rescue.

Not to make light of what is truly an outstanding achievement in human endeavor, but there are some funny tweets/memes about the need to incorporate more ethnic and gender diversity in the expert cave diving field.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
mrposhman said:
What I don't understand is why go in there now? Just coming into the wet season? They've had the dry season to do it but chose now. Seems strange to me.
I'm really happy they are all safe, but another man has lost his life and his family deserve to understand why.
Why do people deliberately drive like hoons? Why do people drive drunk? Why do people take drugs? Why do people binge drink until paralytic? Why do people go boating in small water craft, in rough weather, with no life jackets? Why do people go bush walking unprepared for adverse weather changes?

Just a few examples of the types of behaviour, leading to tragedy, that we see on the news every day.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
mrposhman said:

Will Be a sadder day when we lose our spirit of adventure.
We rescue capsized sailors, swimmers who go out of their depth, stranded rock climbers, search for missing people in the outback all could well have been reckless at some point leading to their predicament.

All I can say the Thais appear to be a more forgiving people. We'd have had lawyers scrumming around the mouth of the cave.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Baloo said:
Now the race for the first movie version of ordeal.

I hope Hollywood don't get their paws on it. They'll include a non existent love story, a team of heroic only American rescuers, and probably base it in the US.

Well done to all those involved.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Wonderful wonderful news.

The weather held out too so they had to go in these past three days and get them all out.

The Aus expert/diver is getting aloot of accolades !

Sadness though that a diver lost his life at the start. Hope his family are taken care of.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Legends of 2017 said:
I hope Hollywood don't get their paws on it. They'll include a non existent love story, a team of heroic only American rescuers, and probably base it in the US.

Well done to all those involved.
It wouldn’t be a heroic team of American only rescuers. It would be one man: The Rock. And the rescuees would be the Miss USA finalists. And the cave would somehow be littered with explosives that are about to be set off by terrorists from an unnamed country (similar to North Korea).

Hey, I’d pay to see that!

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
Shows that maybe here is still hope for mankind. Just when you think the world is full of self-centered egotists people from all over the world turn up voluntarily to offer their expertise to help some people that they have never met in a place most of them have probably never even heard of.

Well done to all concerned who helped except for one rich famous person who is now sooking his invention wasn't used despite the fact that all were rescued safely without it.