Thank god we won | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thank god we won

antigravity

I'm a llama!
Mar 29, 2003
Only heard it on the radio today, but I'm very relieved that we got over the line, and actually touched them up abit. Within the last few years I've been disapointed over and over again with the fact that we can never put teams away and beat them by 50+ points.

I know we were expected to beat them, but when were expected to perform we usually choke, so definately glad to see our guys win by a decent amount, especially in the wet..

Sounded like Fleming got stuck into a few Fremantle players out there, fantastic to hear! The Triple M commentators were very impressed with his hard commitment on the ball. Hopefully Frawley sticks with him for a few rounds to see what he can do.

We are currently sixth, so we're going alright, but we won't be able to gauge were we are this season, until we play at least three games against teams expected to make the eight... We can be 3-1 if we beat the Saints next week, which will be a hard task without a doubt. Lets hope Richo's return doesn't affect the way the team played today, and the last quarter of the Bulldogs game.

I hope it's just a coincedence that we play well without Richo.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
POSITIVES

- Our hardness and intensity at the ball. We killed them in the hard ball gets today. This has definately improved from last year. Players like Johnson, Coughlan, Campbell, Roadan, and now Fleming in the middle show alot of hardness at the ball and we should be able to match any team at stoppages.

- Fleming. He showed alot in his first game. Showed hardness and also showed that he was willing to take on opponents.

- Coughlan, Rodan and Newman. They are showing their continual improvement.

- Bowden. Great game - BOG IMO.

NEGATIVES

- At times during the first half when it was dry we were IMO falling down at the half forward line when a clear lead wasn't on. I don't want to sound like a broken record but I would like to see us run harder in these situations when a lead isn't on and try and penetrate the 50 via hard running from the midfield and linking handball play.

OVERALL

- Good performance in the bad conditions. Need to back it up now with a win next Monday.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Positive.......The players looked to enjoy the game today.
They were laughing and mucking around. Maybe the pressure to be perfect was off them cos of the conditions so they actually had a bit of fun.

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
I really enjoy the way Coughlan and Johnson team up in the midfield. They appear to have developed a really good understanding. Rodan showed plenty. He looks to be a terrific prospect. I too loved the way we went on with the job and didn't ease off to win by four goals only. The boys really did look like the were enjoying it and celebrated every goal. The signs are good, let's enjoy it.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
I was really impressed with our commitment, our hardness, gang tackling and the way we attacked the ball and the man. The boys obviously wanted to do well for Cambo.
The backs led by Gas and AK were magnificent and I was rapt with the midfielders in particular Cogs, Cambo, Bowdo, Rodan and Johnson.
Great to see alot of the former players there for Cambo also (Freeza, Scotty Turner, Justin Pickering, Naishy, Stuart Wigney, Benny, Broders etc were all there).