The Adam Treloar situation and the AFLPA | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Adam Treloar situation and the AFLPA

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
It would have been more believable if Collingwood said they traded him due to his poop style haircut.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
C'mon, are you that naive that if a player wanted to move clubs, that the originating club wouldn't have to give them a clearance or wouldn't have heard through the grapevine that they were going to leave that club? Eg not returning from maternity leave

So you know this for a fact? And you also know that the netball club would then have told the football club that Adam's wife was going to play for a Bris club?

I thought most are saying it shouldn't matter what choices Adam & his wife make in their private lives. You seem to indicate it is important/relevant.

123kid

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016
Weak minds, weak principles, weak people

Hey now, because of covid it was literally impossible for them to hire a repairman for their broken photocopy machine.

Bucks did the best he could.

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

Be the reason someone believes in the good people.
May 4, 2004
So you know this for a fact? And you also know that the netball club would then have told the football club that Adam's wife was going to play for a Bris club?

I thought most are saying it shouldn't matter what choices Adam & his wife make in their private lives. You seem to indicate it is important/relevant.
It's human nature MD. We had someone in my old organisation leave, and it was mentioned to my department because they were concerned that his brother (in our area) would follow soon after.

You manage risk. If the partner of one of your players is moving interstate, you'd mention to the other part of the business so they can manage the risk. It's common sense.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
It's human nature MD. We had someone in my old organisation leave, and it was mentioned to my department because they were concerned that his brother (in our area) would follow soon after.

You manage risk. If the partner of one of your players is moving interstate, you'd mention to the other part of the business so they can manage the risk. It's common sense.
So what you're saying is it's important. And the club should be aware of it. As it could potentially affect his performance and therefore the risks associated with his employment? Which is exactly what the pies did. But didn't communicate it very well and are now being castigated. And potentially sued.

The_General

Be the reason someone believes in the good people.
May 4, 2004
No, what I'm saying is, you communicate to your colleagues and be aware of it.
You don't go to an employee and say "we believe you're not going to cope, therefore we want to treat you differently".

It's up to the individual to tell you they have a problem, or for you to witness the problem and start performance management.
You can't assume someone is going to have an issue, and then tell them we want to change your employment based on nothing
but our own assumptions. This is what the Pies did. They heard that his partner was leaving/looking to leave.
They assumed he wouldn't cope, and then they thought, we're gonna be paying this huge amount of money and getting substandard
performance, we need to do something......"Hey Adam, we think you should go with your partner, because of your mental health".

Reactions: 1 users