The Adam Treloar situation and the AFLPA | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Adam Treloar situation and the AFLPA

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
So can someone explain to me what their role actually is then?
To provide muscle to players in negotiations when creating rules and when other parties try to break them. Like charging $25k direct for getting pissed and eating a kebab when the max is $5k - or near enough. Shopping players and telling them they're not wanted anymore isn't against the rules. Unsavoury maybe but not against the rules.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
So can someone explain to me what their role actually is then?
Represent the players collectively to the AFL.

Given the massive coin players are on relative to most of us mortals they are doing a reasonable job of it

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can someone tell me if the AFLPA has officially commented on the Treloar situation?

I can't say I have heard anything from the AFLPA on this and the silence is deafening.

What's this got to do with them?
Marsh vs McGuire.
I know who will win

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can someone tell me if the AFLPA has officially commented on the Treloar situation?

I can't say I have heard anything from the AFLPA on this and the silence is deafening.

Collingwood are having a stock take sale.
Its not the job of the AFLPA to teach Collingwood accounting

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can someone email the 17 other clubs and get them not to trade for Treloar so he is forced to stay and theyre forced to pay him 5 mill :rotfl1

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That dumb *smile* from Footscary Sam Power will now bend us all over and pick up Treloar.
Because they don't need to keep their picks because they are picking up Franklin prt2. More like Schauce part 2.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They tried shopping him around last year without much luck. Treloar wasn't aware of it. Big ole lovable Nafe put his arm around him and said it's all media rubbish, we love you mate. Treloar is starting to come across as quite naïve

The bloke on live tv was called dumb

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ralphy reporting Pies only willing to $00k of his salary

Then good luck finding a club to pay 800k in yr 1 and then close to a mill for the next 4 yrs.
He isnt worth 500k.
Hawthorn and Footscary need to keep clear.
They don't need to help Collingwood. Keep him there

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Any club that trades for Collingwood are naive and most likely going to regret recruiting him.
Clubs cannot be dumb enough to pay this bloke more then 500k and then give up a first rounder on top.
This is the best opportunity to send Collingwood back to 1986.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I can't believe people wouldn't mind Treloar at Richmond.
This is the bloke that choose Collingwood and then bagged us.
We wouldn't pick him up even if he was the last player ever available.

DeGoey is the one i want.

Castagna lynch Jack
Bolton Degoey Rioli

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
This is a very difficult situation and it’s hard to ascertain the real truth at the moment. One thing that hasn’t really been mentioned is that Treloar has been very public this year about his battles with severe anxiety.
I only hope that has nothing to do with the reasons why Collingwood are shopping him around.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Many so called “experts” believe Collingwood still have a list to contend. Perfect opportunity, in a game where every inch counts, that you can apply pressure to an opposition without doing anything. Let Treloar stay and remove one of your contenders.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Pies only wanting to contribute $100k to Treloars salary? Tell them their dreaming!

Who in their right mind can just ‘find’ $800k sitting free in their salary cap.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Many so called “experts” believe Collingwood still have a list to contend. Perfect opportunity, in a game where every inch counts, that you can apply pressure to an opposition without doing anything. Let Treloar stay and remove one of your contenders.
Don't forget Phillips n Stephenson both also on shitloads. Would just love for all of them to stay on n watch the tension n angst simmer n bubble for another year, reckon there'd be an eruption of epic proportions by about mid July 2021.

• Love

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Agree but perhaps Geelong have already destroyed that club with the smashing they handed out - sent them into panic mode.
Pies only wanting to contribute $100k to Treloars salary? Tell them their dreaming!

Who in their right mind can just ‘find’ $800k sitting free in their salary cap.

The pies are falling into the el Dedoro trap - if they want to offload a contracted player against the players will, then they have to accept they will lose the deal, and lose badly - all the other clubs have nothing to lose so they should sit back and let the pies grovel.

Don't forget Phillips n Stephenson both also on shitloads. Would just love for all of them to stay on n watch the tension n angst simmer n bubble for another year, reckon there'd be an eruption of epic proportions by about mid July 2021.

Thats what I want to see - one hand on a 2020 tigers premiership stubbie holder, drinking 2020 premiership beer dreaming of a three peat all the while reading the headlines of the pies ‘eating their own’.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Treloar $900k
Cox $500k
Stephenson $500k.

$1.9m spent on a lot of mediocrity.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I sorta feel sorry for him , until I recall the text he sent to Cotch & Lids about joining RFC & how rapt he was to be able to wear # 17 for us.

Then Edward Mcquire stepped in.

Anyway LOL, f*** him & f*** Collingwood

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users