The Adam Treloar situation and the AFLPA | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Adam Treloar situation and the AFLPA

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Massive sook
Looks like the kid that always lagged on his mates at school.
He just can't shut his mouth.
Collingwood pissed him off because they have someone booked in for next October.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Well that would be pretty poor on Dunkley's part, having years to run on a contract.

From what I've read he was unhappy with the culture and looking for more opportunity to play midfield. Still stuck in the cunlture and now with less opprtunity a/c Treloar coming in.

Might be a good pickup for Tigers next year.

Didn't he train with us for a period before eventually getting drafted by the Dawgs? Have a vague memory of this

Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The Bulldogs will be a serious threat next year, now that they’ve got a better list than us.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Heard an interview he did with SEN this afternoon. Dunno what it is with that kid but every second word was "love". The only way someone can love as many people and things and situations and hypothetical as Treloar is if someone bathes in MDMA every morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
What puzzles me with collingwood with this mess they got themselves in , they went after Lynch as well

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I hope Treloar comes second in the Brownlow behind Dusty next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I'm trying to think of one but I can't ever remember a contract being influenced by personal relationships of any kind to be honest.

Just as well for us because if someone sat in a Punt Road office and said "I dunno about this long term deal for Dustin, he's pretty close to his old man who is stuck in New Zealand, might not play his best footy because of that," then we might be a bit less happy right now.

This whole argument is cart before horse stuff to me though. It is pure speculation as to what his footy will look like until it happens.

I think it is a very slippery slope to start to use an employee's family life to make predictions about their capacity to do their job.

It's all about risk TBR. There appears to have been a lot of elements to it not just his family life which seems to have taken all the focus. The Pies have handled it poorly but it may be the best decision for the club.

I think it is a little nieve to think all sorts of factors aren't considered with contracts, including someone's personal circumstances. They weighed it all up and decided to move him on.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
We have stuffed them, along with GWS and Adelaide. They are another club that just couldn't accept that we were better than them. Geelong will be the next one added to this list.
They beat us in 2018 didn't they?

• Sad

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
I'm trying to think of one but I can't ever remember a contract being influenced by personal relationships of any kind to be honest.

Just as well for us because if someone sat in a Punt Road office and said "I dunno about this long term deal for Dustin, he's pretty close to his old man who is stuck in New Zealand, might not play his best footy because of that," then we might be a bit less happy right now.

This whole argument is cart before horse stuff to me though. It is pure speculation as to what his footy will look like until it happens.

I think it is a very slippery slope to start to use an employee's family life to make predictions about their capacity to do their job.

I recall hearing something about Treloar changing his mind to Pies from Tigers as Eddie gave his Girlfriend a job. Wonder if the job included Netball at Collingwood ?

I assume the Netball Team have a Salary Cap, wonder if this should be included in Collingwoods AFL Cap space if Treloars Partner was getting overs or additional promo work...

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I recall hearing something about Treloar changing his mind to Pies from Tigers as Eddie gave his Girlfriend a job. Wonder if the job included Netball at Collingwood ?

I assume the Netball Team have a Salary Cap, wonder if this should be included in Collingwoods AFL Cap space if Treloars Partner was getting overs or additional promo work...

Lurks the girlfriend your talking about isn't the Netballer, she is his 2nd girlfriend while at the pies.
The one that got a job thanks to Collingwood isn't with him.20201116_165013.jpg20201116_165003.jpg

• Wow

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Didn't he train with us for a period before eventually getting drafted by the Dawgs? Have a vague memory of this
He actually wanted to come to us, if he couldn't go to Sydney iirc. We couldn't promise him that, as we didn't think he was worth our first pick, and didn't think he'd be there at our second.

Wonder how that turned out in hindsight.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Treloar falls in love very easily.

Treloar’s decision to pursue a move to the Dogs was down to the positive talks he held with Beveridge who centred the conversation around his family.

“I chose to meet with the Bulldogs and I fell in love straight away after chatting with Bevo (Luke Beveridge) and Sam Power (list manager),” Treloar told SEN Drive.