The Anchovy - Acting Exactly like The Anchovy Does

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Whenever Geelong's advantage of playing home games at the Cattery was brought up, he deflected onto Richmond.

Good news though is that he's worried about us.

Reactions: 3 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Not that I need to explain to you how ridiculous Scott and Geelong are being. But let me paint a hypothetical scenario that proves the ridiculousness of Geelong’s ambit claim.

let’s imagine we play Geelong at Geelong in week 1 of the finals with the capacity being 36,000.

let’s imagine 20% of the tickets are handed to corporates and finals series ticket holders, that reduces the capacity to 29,000 for competing members.

This means 14,500 tickets for the members of each club. This is compared to the MCG where 54,000 tickets are allocated to competing members (27,000 each).

How many members do Geelong have? 60,000? So they are depriving 75% of their own membership base of obtaining a ticket by requesting this.

Reactions: 8 users

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Not that I need to explain to you how ridiculous Scott and Geelong are being. But let me paint a hypothetical scenario that proves the ridiculousness of Geelong’s ambit claim.

let’s imagine we play Geelong at Geelong in week 1 of the finals with the capacity being 36,000.

let’s imagine 20% of the tickets are handed to corporates and finals series ticket holders, that reduces the capacity to 29,000 for competing members.

This means 14,500 tickets for the members of each club. This is compared to the MCG where 54,000 tickets are allocated to competing members (27,000 each).

How many members do Geelong have? 60,000? So they are depriving 75% of their own membership base of obtaining a ticket by requesting this.

Yep, I think that the pussycat ferals forget that they wouldn't get the whole ground to themselves like they do in home & away games, where only 2000 opposition supporters are allowed to sully their cr@ppy "stadium.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It was mentioned. Salty explained it away be exactly your point BinMan. So many tickets go to corporates and not the true fans so really it won't be that many more who can't see the game live.

Between the Hocking interview and the Salty spot, SEN was in a very ****** up place this morning

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Gotta love it when the Moggies spend more time sniveling n gibbering about things like home ground finals ( the pricks actually play at three home grounds every year ) or constantly turning n bleating to the umpires for more help during games.
The more time n energy they waste ******* up their own mind set, the less they have to put into the necessary performance to win important games like finals.

Bastards get gifted 8 or 9 wins a year playing on that narrow crap hole of a ground that near guarantees them a walk up start to the finals, plus guaranteed home final if they cop an interstate team to get their campaign rolling, yet they keep bleating n wringing the hands about how unfair the competition is for them compared to every other team.
Phhht, **** ants. The Granny is played on the G, no good wanting 24 or 25 games a year on that skinny little **** hole if ya get lost in traffic every time you walk out onto the G.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Geez i hope we play them at the G in the fist final.

We should add Figgy to this thread's title as they're both whinging.

Scumwood have been receiving dream draws every season even when they're at a low point, along with the **** up the arse frees they get from the green flogs every week. What more do you want Figgy!!

Tony Braxton-Hicks

It's Tiger Time!
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Gotta love it when the Moggies spend more time sniveling n gibbering about things like home ground finals ( the pricks actually play at three home grounds every year ) or constantly turning n bleating to the umpires for more help during games.
The more time n energy they waste ******* up their own mind set, the less they have to put into the necessary performance to win important games like finals.

Bastards get gifted 8 or 9 wins a year playing on that narrow crap hole of a ground that near guarantees them a walk up start to the finals, plus guaranteed home final if they cop an interstate team to get their campaign rolling, yet they keep bleating n wringing the hands about how unfair the competition is for them compared to every other team.
Phhht, **** ants. The Granny is played on the G, no good wanting 24 or 25 games a year on that skinny little **** hole if ya get lost in traffic every time you walk out onto the G.
When they bulldozed the grandstand they could have widened the ground. Instead they opted to keep it to Auskick standards so they'd have an advantage during the season.

But they forgot that you don't play AFL finals on suburban juniors grounds, and hence Scott wants to play finals at KrapDidn'tYa? Park.

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
When they bulldozed the grandstand they could have widened the ground. Instead they opted to keep it to Auskick standards so they'd have an advantage during the season.

But they forgot that you don't play AFL finals on suburban juniors grounds, and hence Scott wants to play finals at KrapDidn'tYa? Park.
Didn’t they also lose the final that they did play at Cat Park, too?

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Geelong should never have been allowed to play that final against Freo in 2013 at the bowling alley (which they did lose).
While on the surface of it I think it's fine for them to host interstate clubs there, it's just given them the ammunition to ask for more.

Just ask them, would they ever expect to be allowed to host Collingwood there?
Answer is always no, so why should they expect to host a team who has even more members there.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
We can only hope that all the Cats’ Finals are home games against MCG tenants......at the MCG.

As we all know, beating the Cats in a Final has been a step towards 6 of our flags. One more would be sweet........

Especially when they are such cry- babies about it.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
This thread needs to be renamed to the Chris Scott whinging again and again thread. What a wanker needs his face rubbed into the G. Will happen in September

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wonder if Salty remembers we beat them in the Qualifying by 51 points. Nearly 9 goals. It wasn't close. It was murder.

Surprised the RSPCA didn't jump in and call the match off.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
And their moaning doesn’t hold water, either. The rules don’t say home ground. They say in your state. Last time I checked Geelong was a Victoria side and the MCG is in Victoria.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
P!ss Scott needs to get it through his head that boutique stadiums aren't fit to host big finals.

He didn't whinge about Geelong finishing higher than Hawthorn in 2016 and 2011 and having to play an MCG final, because hey, Geelong won. Kennett curse and all that.

But just the thought of playing us there freaks him out. We're in his head. Comin' to getcha, P!ssy.

Reactions: 5 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
P!ss Scott needs to get it through his head that boutique stadiums aren't fit to host big finals.

He didn't whinge about Geelong finishing higher than Hawthorn in 2016 and 2011 and having to play an MCG final, because hey, Geelong won. Kennett curse and all that.

But just the thought of playing us there freaks him out. We're in his head. Comin' to getcha, P!ssy.
Scott did have one point. Gil trying to justify the Cats playing a 'home' final at the G is ridiculous, it would be like making us play at Docklands then justifying it because we play 1 home game there each year.
I dont think any finals should be played at Kardinia Park, but th AFL need to actually state what the criteria are around where finals are played rather than just making it up as they go.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I dont think any finals should be played at Kardinia Park, but th AFL need to actually state what the criteria are around where finals are played rather than just making it up as they go.
Pretty obviously the venue depends on the number of people wishing to attend. The AFL isn't going to enact rules that lock them into turning down big money.

If only they still had Waverley...