The Anchovy - Acting Exactly like The Anchovy Does

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I have a new found love with the word "cobber" and "she'll be right cobber."
I’m an old codger and love having a noggin’ with my cobbers. I’m partial to a few sherbets as well.
You’re a better man than me Gungadin

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I've got a mate (Richmond supporter from Hobart) who reckons its a Victorian conspiracy and thinks its a joke Geelong doesn't get to host finals at alphabet stadium. weird.
What's the conspiracy though?

• Haha

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

I've got a mate (Richmond supporter from Hobart) who reckons its a Victorian conspiracy and thinks its a joke Geelong doesn't get to host finals at alphabet stadium. weird.
Did you subtly remind him that Geelong is in Victoria?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Unfortunately for Salty he doesn’t have a decent ruck. Stanley is a pussy.
Correction. The Moggies under Salty have FOUR useless rucks - by logical conclusion: Stanley, Smith, Fort and Abbott. But not one good enough to play a final! So funny. Inept list.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Correction. The Moggies under Salty have FOUR useless rucks - by logical conclusion: Stanley, Smith, Fort and Abbott. But not one good enough to play a final! So funny. Inept list.
He counts Blicavs as a ruckman.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Does he think Grundy was the difference?
Probably not. Probably didn't notice him rip his team a new one.
Worst coaching move ever.

Move their best key back into the ruck where he is gonna get beaten anyway then lose out in defence.

They beat the maggots with Stanley in the ruck in round 1.

I used to really like and respect the Cats, but this wanker has changed that and I reckon has done so for many other non Geelong fans and I'm tipping maybe a few Cats fans.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Salty needs his own thread. Cameron, for all his faults, shouldn't be tarred with salt's behaviour.

Reactions: 8 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
This from Scott

"The over-arching role for me to play in this situation is to absorb a bit of the criticism," Scott said on Tuesday.
"If you're doing your job well, your role is not to spend too much time trying to work out whether the critic is right or wrong, it's to take the feedback from the people that tend to be the most important in your organisation.
"If the criticism is being directed more towards me than the players then I think that's our system working well."

translates to

'Im ultimately accountable for poor performance, but it wasn't my fault, but I'll pretend its my fault, whilst still denying it was my fault'

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Salty needs his own thread. Cameron, for all his faults, shouldn't be tarred with salt's behaviour.
Yeah his presser after the coll loss was a Scott classic, they asked him about leaving stanley out and he very quickly said Ï'm only one of 7 or 8 who have a say in that decision...'. Fair dinkum, has there ever been a less dignified and self-aware coach?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
, has there ever been a less dignified and self-aware coach?
not in my memory.

hes a doozy.

did you here a journo asked him about fans disappointment at the loss and Scott goes

'if you want a competition about disappointment, I'll win'

yeah sweet Chris

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Yeah his presser after the coll loss was a Scott classic, they asked him about leaving stanley out and he very quickly said Ï'm only one of 7 or 8 who have a say in that decision...'. Fair dinkum, has there ever been a less dignified and self-aware coach?
He then went on to blame the weather.

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
Salty at a press conference sometime today.

Journo - Salty that was a good win on Friday night.

Salty - Yes i was very enthused at how receptive the players were to my Churchillian speech before the commencement of proceedings.

Journo - Is that the first time you have given the players a rev up on the ground before the start of a game.

Salty - I haven't got any cognitive memory whether it's the first time that i have given such a truly magnificent, inspirational speech. As i reminisce about it, it has similarities to Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

Journo - When did you decide to do it.

Salty - I didn't have any preconceived notion about doing it.
Organically i think that my trendsetting pre-game oration will become part of other coaches evolution in the game, especially when they try to replicate our connection. I expect that it will most probably become symbolic of my legacy to the game.

Journo - Has winning a final at the MCG changed your opinion about playing home finals at G&GFS.

Salty - My answer is unambiguously in the negative, the buffoons at the AFL know what my thoughts are on this matter. The AFL continue to show a blatant disregard of transparency, and i'm of the opinion that they are corrupt to the core.

Journo - So with your well known thoughts about the "buffoons" at AFL house, are you confident of getting a fair hearing in Tom Hawkins appeal.

Salty - Um.......ah.......... I have the greatest respect and admiration for Steve Hocking............ i mean i have the greatest respect and admiration for the AFL commission as a whole. Anyone that thinks any differently are misrepresenting my considered opinions.

Salty - I'm sorry i'm going to have to call a halt to proceedings, i can sense the precursor of a migraine of the frontal lobe .

Last edited:
  • Love

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Journalist: Richmond are a good team.

Salty: No they aren't. Hawthorn are a good team.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
Journalist: Richmond are a good team.

Salty: No they aren't. Hawthorn are a good team.
Been carrying that chip on his shoulder for 2 years. Really need to put him in his box on Friday night & shut his pie hole up forever.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
TOO couldnt agree more with your statement.

He has paid us no respect since 2017 and got overly excited when his full strength side beat our VFL side. We kept them goaless for over a quarter too.

Also if my memory is correct after our GF win in 17 didnt he say that we played an ugly brand or something to that effect?????

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users