The Beer thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Beer thread

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
And you won’t encounter any ‘shrubbery seeds’ in a decent pork and fennel mystery bag. Just good flavour. Open ya palette man!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
You know there’s reports of men growing breasts after drinking craft beer ?

Should be a Royal Commission into craft beer.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
You know there’s reports of men growing breasts after drinking craft beer ?

Should be a Royal Commission into craft beer.
I think that was the same report that found that those who hate craft beer think noise works were an interesting band.

Attachments

• DC1ABC97-98F6-4C24-A03D-C81E68B42599.jpeg
    DC1ABC97-98F6-4C24-A03D-C81E68B42599.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
With all respect to your brothers home brew, I wouldn’t pay $10 a pint for it either
Why not? Ur payin that much for that fancy flog craft brew crap n I'm pretty sure my bro doesn't put any belly button lint in his brew.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
And you won’t encounter any ‘shrubbery seeds’ in a decent pork and fennel mystery bag. Just good flavour. Open ya palette man!
Fennel's a bloody shrubbery seed n tastes shithouse. Nothing wrong with my palette n always been happy to sample all sorts of flavours. But as with art, wine, whisky n home brew I refuse to sit around in a circle n get all mysteriously intellectual about what's in front of me. Looks good is good, tastes good is good. Gotta sit around for hours analysing, explaining n bullshitting about something it's usually crap n needs all the help it can get. Craft brew, generally crap from the ones I've tasted.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Craft brew, generally crap from the ones I've tasted.
You know most of them just take proper beer, then mix it with Fanta or Solo and a bit of fennel ? (And then call it some stupid name like Mountain Sunfields Beer or Crazy Dog.)

Really don’t know how they get away with calling it “craft”. Maybe “shaft” would be more appropriate.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
if anyone knows where i can get some Cascade Pale Ale and/or Cascade Draught Bottles in Melbourne, I'm all ears. Its getting harder and harder to find nowadays.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
if anyone knows where i can get some Cascade Pale Ale and/or Cascade Draught Bottles in Melbourne, I'm all ears. Its getting harder and harder to find nowadays.
Ask old man Nobet Pays. If he can remember (unlikely), he can bring you back a few slabs from The Wastelands. Pretty sure he’d be down there right now visiting the hundreds of cousins he has.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The only beer I could find at the Perth test that wasn't that Craft crap, was San Miguel.
I was very impressed, the one down side is that the stubbies are 330ml, It's a bit exy too, the cheapest I could find was a slab for $60.

1703720297650.png

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The only beer I could find at the Perth test that wasn't that Craft crap, was San Miguel.
I was very impressed, the one down side is that the stubbies are 330ml, It's a bit exy too, the cheapest I could find was a slab for $60.

View attachment 21433
Yeah San Miguel is ok.

I’ve been drinking a bit of Spanish Estrella lately. Goes ok. Starting to make some inroads in Australia. In fact, our golf club sells it ice cold, on tap in those cool glasses they have.

1703721150546.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Did you have any luck with the Pale Ale in Melbourne Ian? Very hard to find.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Cascade white, blue, green and red and Premium are all good beers.

Talk about a brand just waiting to be re-ignited.

1704536536624.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Did you have any luck with the Pale Ale in Melbourne Ian? Very hard to find.

There are 3 bottle shops in Melbourne that have sold it in the past and none of them have it atm. They're all having trouble getting it in, but they're hopeful stock will come in at some point this month.

During the pandemic, I had no problem buying it from Dan Murphys online store, but they put a stop to that. Boozebud sold it for a while too, but again, they stopped selling it. Can't find it anywhere else.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Is one of those three Boccaccio Cellars in Balwyn? Told me on the weekend they might be getting some in “sometime”. No luck anywhere else.....

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
There are 3 bottle shops in Melbourne that have sold it in the past and none of them have it atm. They're all having trouble getting it in, but they're hopeful stock will come in at some point this month.

During the pandemic, I had no problem buying it from Dan Murphys online store, but they put a stop to that. Boozebud sold it for a while too, but again, they stopped selling it. Can't find it anywhere else.
Have you tried Kogan ?

I get 4 Cartons of Carlton Draught cans sent to me in Perth approx monthly :) (cant get cans in Perth)

Sent from CUB in Abbottsford , generally takes 3-4 daysd & is cheaper than buying CD stubbies in Perth

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Have you tried Kogan ?

I get 4 Cartons of Carlton Draught cans sent to me in Perth approx monthly :) (cant get cans in Perth)

Sent from CUB in Abbottsford , generally takes 3-4 daysd & is cheaper than buying CD stubbies in Perth

Yes and no luck. Amazon appears to have stocked them in the past as well.

Its frustrating because a lot of those sites sell Reschs (NSW beer), which is a beer I also like.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Its frustrating because a lot of those sites sell Reschs (NSW beer), which is a beer I also like.
Gawd does that stuff still exist? Drank that a few times as a young bloke n all it did was make me fart n stink something chronic.