The beginning of Puntroadend to now ... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The beginning of Puntroadend to now ...

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
What a journey ! 29 years ! Most of them with bitter disappointments, empty seasons, dud drafts and bad priority picks, coaches promising the world and giving us desert islands ! But Damien got appointed, then Peggy and Brendan took all this on board then I moved to Melbourne in time for this incredible ride ! But now my fantasy has been realised, I,ve come up with another ... how about we play West Coke Wiggles in a granny and flog 'em into submission by 100 points ? That will *smile* off Perth by a mile and get Freo supporters onboard our Tiggy Train ! Thoughts ?

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm sure we're gonna hear somewhere in the media next season that "Richmond HASN'T beaten a Victorian team in both GFs"

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'm sure we're gonna hear somewhere in the media next season that "Richmond HASN'T beaten a Victorian team in both GFs"

Gee, you know, neither have Geelong, or Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton :p. Even Footscray haven't beaten a Victorian team in a GF over the last few years. Given the expansion of the league since it became the AFL it isn't surprising that a lot of GFs are between a Victorian side and an interstate side.

DS

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Thanks for pointing out the years Nitro!,
I’m just annoyed with myself that I hadn’t become a PREnder earlier....still, I’m thinking next season will be my tenth year anniversary on here, but more importanty ,it will be a 30 year anniversary for PRE itself...

Just thinking maybe a big bash to celebrate might be in order during the season sometime...
Maybe a Supersized Cognac and Caviar session, but with a pub FULL of PRenders, families etc...(more yellow and black , the better),
special T shirts made up etc......

Thoughts....

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Thanks for pointing out the years Nitro!,
I’m just annoyed with myself that I hadn’t become a PREnder earlier....still, I’m thinking next season will be my tenth year anniversary on here, but more importanty ,it will be a 30 year anniversary for PRE itself...

Just thinking maybe a big bash to celebrate might be in order during the season sometime...
Maybe a Supersized Cognac and Caviar session, but with a pub FULL of PRenders, families etc...(more yellow and black , the better),
special T shirts made up etc......

Thoughts....
Has PRE been going since 1990? Did people fax in they’re posts?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Has PRE been going since 1990? Did people fax in they’re posts?
Ha ha ha...good point kyuss....
I’m assuming maybe the founding fathers/mothers were actually conversing in a way that is becoming nothing more than a myth for newer generations.....it’s to do with having actual conversations in person, face to face, with a personality....and I’m sure these said conversations happened on a weekly basis in the depths of the London Tavern (or somewhere similar)....haha...

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The web was invented in 1989 so I suppose PRE could have been a web forum since 1990. I was trying to remember when we got the WWW, I remember using Gopher years ago before we got the wonderous internet with pics, forums and the like.

DS

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
I won’t be satisfied until we’ve beaten Collingwood by 82 points ( again ) in a G.F whilst Treloer is still playing.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I won’t be satisfied until we’ve beaten Collingwood by 82 points ( again ) in a G.F whilst Treloer is still playing.
I could be extremely satisfied with a come from behind, stumble over the line win with either an after the siren set shot or last second dribble kick that takes a ferocious leg break just as it looks certain to miss.
The sight of the Colonwood faces from something like this would be etched forever. Jubilation to horror in a heart beat. We've done the got the flag won before half time massacre a couple of times already. There's not a club in the land comes close to Colonwood for losing the flag in dire circumstances, their fans are simply masters at the rabidly rampant to impotently limp in seconds.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
No. Just wrong.

In this scenario, we are 2 points up with seconds to go. Treloar marks in the goalsquare. Siren goes. He slots the goal.

Goal review shows the kick flicks Soldo's pinky, but so slightly that LOLingwood fans go to their graves believing it was a goal.

Treloar and Figgy remain flagless, while the players we took with the picks we didn't use on Mini-Fig, Prestia and Rioli, have their fourth premiership medal.

Footnote: the goal that put us 2 points in front was by Castagna from the boundary line, a left foot scrubber that nutmegged Darcy Moore. Goal review concluded that Moore really is Keira Knightly and therefore it didn't flick a testicle on the way through.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Gee, you know, neither have Geelong, or Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton :p. Even Footscray haven't beaten a Victorian team in a GF over the last few years. Given the expansion of the league since it became the AFL it isn't surprising that a lot of GFs are between a Victorian side and an interstate side.

DS

Thank god for collingwood.
They are at least good enough to allow interstate teams beat them on their own ground.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Yes, in my bitterness at the Prelim loss i couldn't resist rubbing in their smug faces with this contribution to the HS
20181003_130359.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
The cartoonists capture things better than words can, this after the 1980 GF...

20191118_192037.jpg

............ and just for a trip down memory lane.............

20191118_192116.jpg

20191118_192124.jpg

20191118_192129.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Top stuff Frick. Where did you get the Sunday Press and Observer?? I used to love riding the bike to the milk bar and buy these every Sunday morning.

You must have had more money than me growing up!

I had to run down to a milk bar in the township of Wandin, from a cherry orchard about 6km away, but i did it religeously.

I still have them. I used to collect the papers after every grand final.

I also have 2 editions of Inside Football after the 1980 GF. They make great reading even today.

Back then, that was a tradition for me, the Sunday papers, and also the Truth fresh off the press within an hour or so of the games finishing. I'd run back on 3 legs after picking that up!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users