The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I know Dow was very keen on joining us last trade period
Hopefully it's not reciprocated. He looks a real dud. One of the most disappointing very high draft picks of recent years.

Or has he been destroyed by the *smile* culture and development at Carlton? Regardless I'd rather steer well clear.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Hopefully we can get Narkle for a third. Eight clearances in 34% game time.

Hopefully it's not reciprocated. He looks a real dud. One of the most disappointing very high draft picks of recent years.

Or has he been destroyed by the *smile* culture and development at Carlton? Regardless I'd rather steer well clear.
He's started to come good, I reckon, Rids.

The problem is this -

1) ideally we go to draft because we are experience and age heavy, clogging the salary cap

2) if we go to draft we ideally need plug and play midfielders, not more dev jobs like RCD and Dow

3) what does this mean for our game plan. We proved in 2015-17 that you can recruit to desired attributes to support a preferred game style. Will this change this year? What are we looking for and will the available kids be AFL-ready next year or require 2-3 years programming?
Definitely need a balance. So it's great we have two picks in each of the first three rounds. Cerra, Richards, Narkle are all young enough. The first two are great users and Narkle wins the pill. If we could get them and still have one pick in each round we'd have done well.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He's started to come good, I reckon, Rids.

I don't know Spook. He's always looked real average to me. Doesn't get it that much and butchers it when he does. I haven't watched him that much lately (haven't watched too many from other clubs as SHocking has destroyed the game and it's almost unbearable to watch) but I saw him play a few times earlier in the year. Didn't look to have changed much and he had a real *smile* haircut so that put me off even more.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Is Luke Parker still unsigned at Sydney?

Now that’s a free agent to go after.

Reactions: 2 users

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Hopefully we can get Narkle for a third. Eight clearances in 34% game time.
Feels like a throwback to the good ol days when we regulary recruited guys who played well against us , problem being you didn't have to be very good to get a kick against us... :D

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Parker be 1000/1 to leave Sydney.
Not that short.

Feels like a throwback to the good ol days when we regulary recruited guys who played well against us , problem being you didn't have to be very good to get a kick against us... :D
He's played well against others too, Bill.

I don't know Spook. He's always looked real average to me. Doesn't get it that much and butchers it when he does. I haven't watched him that much lately (haven't watched too many from other clubs as SHocking has destroyed the game and it's almost unbearable to watch) but I saw him play a few times earlier in the year. Didn't look to have changed much and he had a real *smile* haircut so that put me off even more.
I watched him against Freo, was good. Decent against Norf.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
So no interest in Fyfe then?

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Small sample size but the last 5 weeks has seen an improvement in Dow. Would be interested at the right price.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I read that Freo has an interest in Short. Given the reinvention of Rioli, the emergence of Mansell and the return of Stack, would we do Geelong's pick and Short for Cerra and a third? (I mean, I would - would you?)

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I read that Freo has an interest in Short. Given the reinvention of Rioli, the emergence of Mansell and the return of Stack, would we do Geelong's pick and Short for Cerra and a third? (I mean, I would - would you?)
In a heart beat.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Ha ha I’m a shorty fan my dear Spooker.

Been a bloody good player for us.

But the stand rule has neutered his best strengths. Long kickers aren’t helping us anymore.

If we could package for Cerra, I’d look at it.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Ha ha I’m a shorty fan my dear Spooker.

Been a bloody good player for us.

But the stand rule has neutered his best strengths. Long kickers aren’t helping us anymore.

If we could package for Cerra, I’d look at it.
Long, incisive kickers like Rich and Dawson still have value. Shorty's just not hitting enough targets with penetration. Rioli's kicking showing him up, imo.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
No way Freo do that deal.