The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I guess this is the thread for it, seeing as Blair trades 'em out as well as in.

We don't want to lose Shai. Or Bakes. Or Danny.

We need to get games into Brown, Trezise, Smith. At half-back.

Jayden Short is a year older than Danny. Two years older than Bakes. Nearly three years older than Shai. Premiership B&F, runner-up Normie. Only 28, plenty of footy left. Would add something to a contender needing a half-back kicker. Would fetch a decent price (pick 25 in this draft might not be much different to pick 15).

Reactions: 2 users

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
Blair better earn his money this year and the next
He already has in my view. Got us 3 flags I never thought I’d ever see. But yep….. I agree, we have to absolutely nail the next 2 draft and trading periods, as well as managing the phasing out of our older players. Big job and responsibility but he’s done it before, and I’m confident he’ll do it again.
Just hoping Tasmanian side don’t steal Blair as has been mooted, would be a huge loss.

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I reckon Blair got sucked in or bullied by Dimma to sell the farm for Taranto and Hopper. I don’t reckon he would have done those deals under normal circumstances in the one season. If he thought that was genuinely the right move then he probably should move on himself
Hopper has been a disaster. I would hope he is looking to cut our losses with him and move him on.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I d
I reckon Blair got sucked in or bullied by Dimma to sell the farm for Taranto and Hopper. I don’t reckon he would have done those deals under normal circumstances in the one season. If he thought that was genuinely the right move then he probably should move on himself
Hopper has been a disaster. I would hope he is looking to cut our losses with him and move him on.
I don't think Blair could get bullied by Dimma. He's not dense.

It would have been a calculated risk the club were willing to take to try win another flag. It's backfired because Hardwick bailed, but bullying isn't the way I'd describe things.

From what I've seen, Blair has a huge list of when folks are coming out of contract. They have an estimate for what the player would cost. Then there's discussion about whether they're a potential to be dislodged from the existing club and whether the coach feels they could fill they fill a positional need.

No metaphorical guns to heads. No subterfuge.

Reactions: 2 users

azzatiger

Tiger Cub
Nov 29, 2021
Tassie headhunting Blair Hartley

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Tassie headhunting Blair Hartley

Sam McClure? We can breathe easy then, he's not going.

• Haha

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
when Richmond is down, most journalists attack us by any means. Yes we may be low on the ladder, have plenty of injuries, things may not look positive, however, this club has great character in all things we do. Keep the faith!