The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
Re: The Blair Hartley Project

jackson trengove from port for our second rounder

hampson from carlton straight swap for a fringe player. can't think who exactly they'd want. maybe post but i'd want a draft pick for us as well if that was the deal

Eat the rich

Jacky boy's done it again...
Nov 2, 2007
www.drfollicles.com.au

Tigermad2005 said:
Can not even get a game for the coast.

Doesn't want a game for the coast.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
I doubt Blair will be looking at Hille. If last year is any guide we're looking at a disenchanted young player who won't cost more than a third rounder or a fringe player.

Hello Josh ' busy depreciating my value right now' Toy.

Zac Clarke has been pushed further down the list with the arrival of home town boy John Griffen who gets a gig in front of him now 211 has turf toe. With kepler Bradley their back-up ruck/forward,

Victorian Zac, may be surplus to needs. Pick #37, 2008 draft, 21 yr old Zac may have something to offer. Any WAFL watchers, particularly East Perth fans out there with the scoop?

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008

Eat the rich said:
Hello Josh ' busy depreciating my value right now' Toy.

He will still cost ALOT. His depreciated value will have gone from being worth a top 5 pick, to being worth a top 10 pick. We'd never be able to get him.

Agree with the rest though. I like the look of Zac Clarke.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Big Cat Lover said:
Both good players without being outstanding. Chaplin a very smart footballer who can get exposed one on one.

Not sure Rance won't be on the same level as Carlisle in 2-3 years.

Big difference between the composure, delivery & reading of the play between the two (though Rance has improved a lot).

MightyTiger

Tiger Rookie
Nov 20, 2010

Tom Nicholls: HEIGHT 201cm WEIGHT 93kg

Tom Nicholls is a Melbourne-raised athletic ruck prospect who joined the GC SUNS as an underage priority pick in 2010. Standing a very lean 202cms, it’s likely that Nicholls will be given time to develop physically before playing a part at AFL level, but given his improving tap-work, terrific leap, silky skills and impressive agility, he may be pressing for senior selection quicker than many think.

Nicholls attended the AIS-AFL Academy in 2009.

Daniel Gorringe: HEIGHT 200 WEIGHT 88

South Australian Daniel Gorringe is a mobile ruckman blessed with fantastic ball-winning skills.

He was taken by the GC SUNS at Pick 10 at the 2010 National Draft.

Widely considered one of the best performed players at the 2010 National Championships, Gorringe, showed tremendous nous and deft touch in ruck contests against bigger opponents and proved himself a terrific disposer of the ball around the ground.

His goal-kicking is also a hallmark.

Zac Clarke: Height 203cm Weight 92kg

With Fremantle recruiting Griffen and the possibility of them going after Sandilands brother (Who is taller then Sandilands at the same age) and then you throw in Keplar Bradley there really isn't a spot in the side for him unless his form is belting down the door for senior selection.

Hamish McIntosh: Height 203cm Weight 103kg

Turns 27 this year, is also out of contract and could potentially be a target via Limited Free Agency, although his Achilles injuries in both feet would need to be looked at I think he can be a real asset to our push into the finals in the next 2-3 years.

If we can secure a Ruck via a trade and then hopefully recruit a KPD through the draft the club would of done well.

And lastly I'm not to sure if anyone has posted about this yet but apparently the club is going after one of GWS 17 year old kids.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tomorrows-stars-in-giants-sights-20110524-1f2ij.html#ixzz1NKRgBs85

OVER the past several weeks, Greater Western Sydney officials have held meetings with the established clubs in what could be described as the entree to trade talks.

The subject of the discussions - which have been informal - are prized 17-year-olds, such as West Australian youngster Jaegar O'Meara, whom several clubs, including Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond, Gold Coast and the Perth teams, have expressed preliminary interest in acquiring.

O'Meara, a smooth midfielder from Perth Football Club, is merely the best known and, at this early stage, most desired of the kids in question.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/regional/gascoyne/a/-/sport/8733503/omeara-destined-for-career-at-the-top/

From the first time Jaeger O’Meara donned a Perth Football Club colts jumper, Damien McMahon knew he was a future AFL star.

“I have never seen a player look so comfortable in their first game at colts level,” McMahon said.

McMahon, 2010 Perth colts coach, compared the Dongara talent to former Demon Reece Conca who was selected at number six in last year’s draft.

“If you look at it statistically Jaeger is probably in front of Reece,” McMahon said.

Apparently the kid is a harder, faster, better skilled (Off both feet) is good over head and has a lot more X Factor then what our boy Conca does, plenty of good wraps on the kid so far will be interesting to see how this pans out and what the club can offer GWS.

And also in regards to the players I mentioned I believe we could acquire most of them with our Compensation pick as GC is looking to load up on them, Clarke though would come a lot cheaper then that, maybe a Edwards straight swap with Clarke + a late pick.

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008

Leysy Days said:
Big difference between the composure, delivery & reading of the play between the two (though Rance has improved a lot).

ATM yes, that's why I said he coulld get to that level in 2-3 years ;D

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Depending oon what happens with Taylor and Morton I wouldn't mind us targeting a goal kicking smaller forward

Petterd and Maric from Melbourne
Banfield from Brisbane is one I rate but he has had quite a poor season so far.
Not sure how old he is but Ebert seems to be on the outer a bit at Port .
*smile* from Collingwood may well be available but he is too slight and injury prone for me.
There are probably others that can be looked at .

Blease from Melbourne is one who has been mentioned elsewhere. High teens draft pick yet to play a game and could add to midfield depth . May not cost much .

A small defender to lock down the small forwards who keep on killing us would be handy as well.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Sintiger said:
Depending oon what happens with Taylor and Morton I wouldn't mind us targeting a goal kicking smaller forward

Agree Sin. I have mentioned these two before, more so Maric. Has great foot skills and knows how to find the goals.

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat

Sintiger said:

*smile* from Collingwood may well be available but he is too slight and injury prone for me.

Blease from Melbourne is one who has been mentioned elsewhere. High teens draft pick yet to play a game and could add to midfield depth . May not cost much .

A small defender to lock down the small forwards who keep on killing us would be handy as well.
All sounds good but lets hope one of the kids can come on.

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003

[quote ...*smile* from Collingwood may well be available but he is too slight and injury prone for me. [/quote]

So many innappropriate comments around hardening up...and softness available with this line..

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Sintiger said:

Thats the man leysy has thought all year we should be looking very closely at. Only 20 as well so a heap of improvement left. Could be ideal for us.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

Sintiger said:

Be more specific...that could cover the entire team at Collingwood :hihi

Leysy Days said:
Thats the man leysy has thought all year we should be looking very closely at. Only 20 as well so a heap of improvement left. Could be ideal for us.

Leysy, Banfield can't kick to save himself. Would be a very frustrating player IMO.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Leysy Days said:
He is the type of player who can kick goals in a hurry that's what I like . To BrissyTigers point about his kicking he does miss a few shots but he is definitely worth a look imo .

I have no idea if he is out of contract though .

Hungry4footy

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 29, 2004
Langwarrin
Should we chase a Key Defender?

I strongly believe that we need to chase a strong bodied defender who can be relied upon for consistency against big bodied forwards. Leaking goals through clangers and poor decision making costs us week after week.

After watching Rance and McGuane struggle many times and constantly make errors that lead to goals, it is time to chase a key defender who is out of contract. Alipate Carlisle from Port comes out of contract at the end of the year and we can certainly use him to 'upgrade' a McGuane or Rance.

Rance has been good and much improved in many areas but needs to find more consistent form, so probably McGuane is the one to be replaced.

Jack struggled body on body with Carlisle and he manages to not give away too many frees but also is a good spoiler and takes pro-active attacking runs from time to time.

Any other suggestions?

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008

Understanding we need a backman or ruckman and at this stage not knowing who is out there I advocate;

Rhys Stanley from St Kilda.

Talent to burn, is really tall, can take a good grab, is a good kick but has a few attitude issues that I am sure can sorted out with a combination of a new environment and natural maturity.

I reckon his time at the Saints is up - a bit like Schulz when he was with us, he still had some footy in front of him, just not at RFC.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Rhys Stanley is your archetypal athlete playing football. No thanks. Pass on Banfield too. He's more a small forward than a medium like Morton, and with King, White and Nahas I think we have much greater priorities than recruiting another small forward.

Our biggest priorities are a big key defender and a ruckman, neither of which will come as cheaply as Grigg/Houli. McIntosh at North is worth talking to. I doubt Hille would leave Essendon, and why would Bellchambers when he's already got the number one gig there.

The other factor this year is the GWS 17-year-old. I reckon we'll go harder at this than an established player elsewhere.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

spook said:
The other factor this year is the GWS 17-year-old. I reckon we'll go harder at this than an established player elsewhere.

Agree. I reckon we will push for this big time. These are going to be the picks that everone goes after.

St Kiilda & Collingwood will be around these picks for sure. I will bet London to a brick that McGuire's mob walk away with one of these.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

If we recruited a ready to go ruckman i reckon we would have to delist/trade one of ours.
Graham/Browne/Derrickx all need to be doing plenty of rucking at VFL level if they are not in the AFL. 3 cant do that at once.
I cant see us recruiting a young developing ruckman, eg Stanley, or probably Clarke. if we recruit a ruck he needs to be able to improve us next year.

personally i think we go with what we've got, for the moment.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

spook said:
Rhys Stanley is your archetypal athlete playing football. No thanks. Pass on Banfield too. He's more a small forward than a medium like Morton, and with King, White and Nahas I think we have much greater priorities than recruiting another small forward.

While we may have more pressing priorities the small forward position(s) are still short on ILO.

White is unlikely to be good enough to be in our next pemiership team & Nahas is playing midfield.

Yes there is a query on Banfields kicking that would need to be looked into further, but he can kick both feet which leysy likes & think it may more be a case of him not taking enough care of the ball than being a naturally poor kick. Has elite pace & is an excellent tackler with which are crucial aspects in a small forwards role today. Still a kid so may well have scope to move into the middle in time.

Definately one to keep an eye for leysy.