The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

MightyTiger

Tiger Rookie
Nov 20, 2010
Re: The Blair Hartley Project

Leysy Days said:
While we may have more pressing priorities the small forward position(s) are still short on ILO.

White is unlikely to be good enough to be in our next pemiership team & Nahas is playing midfield.

Yes there is a query on Banfields kicking that would need to be looked into further, but he can kick both feet which leysy likes & think it may more be a case of him not taking enough care of the ball than being a naturally poor kick. Has elite pace & is an excellent tackler with which are crucial aspects in a small forwards role today. Still a kid so may well have scope to move into the middle in time.

Definately one to keep an eye for leysy.

I think it's a bit of a fantasy to expect a starting 22 player like Banfield to move from clubs just for the sake of it, there's been no talk of him being disgruntled or anything of that sort, we need to target players who are either a) not getting a gig at there respective side and b) fill a need.

We are seriously lacking a quality FB and a quality Ruckmen, and the best place to start to look at is Gold Coast who is hoarding some serious talent in the 2s and a top8 side in which a player is finding it hard to break into there respective side.

If the club can snare a decent Ruck through a trade and a quality long term FB through our first pick in this years draft then we can start to look at the small/medium sized players with our 2nd and 3nd round picks and even try and snare someone through the rookie draft.

@Spook we are definitely in the hunt for one of GWS 17 year olds, I posted a couple of links a couple of pages back stating Richmond were in the hunt to snare a kid by the name of Jaeger O'meara, this kid is on the top of the list that clubs are looking at.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion

To put our draft picks/trades into perspective, if we were to finish 10th we'd have picks 17, 35, 53, 71 etc. notwithstanding priority picks and activated compo picks (only North this year?).

The draft order is at http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86738/default.aspx

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
To put our draft picks/trades into perspective, if we were to finish 10th we'd have picks 17, 35, 53, 71 etc. notwithstanding priority picks and activated compo picks (only North this year?).

The draft order is at http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86738/default.aspx
As an aside what annoys me about the draft picks is that Gold Coast will most probably get an end of first round priority pick for winning less than 5 games . That somehow just doesn't seem right after all they have got already .

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Maric for Melbourne dropped again. We could get him similar to how we got grigg or houli.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

we can all see cotchin Lids and martin need more help
no doubt this explains the fast tracking of conca helbig and batchelor
we need a ruckman who will give these guys first use of the ball too.
Vickery Griffiths Riewoldt king Maybe morton and Edwards too are capable of troubling every team

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004

I'd work on a couple more skilled, goal-kicking midfielders.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Re the small forwards. That's what late draft picks or the rookie list is ready made for.
No way known I'd trade anything of value for one.
If you get a good one they come on quickly. If they don't, flick them just as quick.
Carlton have done this best in recent times.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

jb03 said:
Don't get the wrap on Maric.

Agree 100%.

I think people have been caught up in the hype from his U/18s form when he had amazing goal kicking accuracy, and the fact that he was taken relatively highly in the draft (pick 20 I think). Haven't seen anything since to suggest that we should trade for him.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia

I think we do need to address the issue of a real small forward, but as Too said this can usually be achieved with late picks. Look at Jeff Garlett.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

checkside said:
I think we do need to address the issue of a real small forward, but as Too said this can usually be achieved with late picks. Look at Jeff Garlett.
Noone seems to talk about Ricky Petterd . The times I have seen him he looked a really good player to me . Maybe I am missing something in his game because I notice he is back at Casey again and a lot of people here seem to favour Maric over him .

Eat the rich

Jacky boy's done it again...
Nov 2, 2007
www.drfollicles.com.au

The club must be fairly confident of Bo making the grade, and you would think Lade would have some input in the decision. Question remains, why not Giles? and why not Josh Jenkins? Apparently getting great raps at bummerland. Bellchambers and Jenkins is going to look pretty good in 2yrs when Hille retires.

Dead Last said:
Have a look at former young townsville basketballer playing country football.Might be worth a look for a rookie spot,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl3HxX38J_s. Name is Josh Jenkins 200cm's, 100+ kg's & born in 1989. #18 in the Pies colors.

Dead Last said:

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California

Sintiger said:
Noone seems to talk about Ricky [size=10pt][size=10pt]Petterd[/size][/size] . The times I have seen him he looked a really good player to me . Maybe I am missing something in his game because I notice he is back at Casey again and a lot of people here seem to favour Maric over him .

Maybe its his "Full Back Tatt" that scares peeps away ? ........ recall seeing it on one of the Footy shows awhile back...... real "weak sauce" looking thing for memory and maybe the powers that be see that as a "character issue" on his behalf ? ... :hihi

images

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002

Streak said:
I can honestly say I have never seen him play. Wouldn't even know what type of player he is.
Is duel sided copared to Nahas who is not
Goal range 40 - 50 mtrs,Where Nahas is 30-40[at a stretch]
Is more accurate than Nahas
However doesn,t have the tank like Nahas.
His attitude seems to be where Nahas,s was last year.

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house

Biggest knock on Ricky Bobby would be his body, talented but so far hasnt spent alot of time on the park.
Depending on Morton and i guess Taylor would decide if we chased someone like Petterd.

What are peoples thoughts on Bate from the Demons? Dominates VFL then gets 1 game in the seniors in the most dysfunctional forward line and back to the VFL. He fits into the right age bracket, is a good lead up HFF and a pretty good shot for goal. Again depends on the above guys but wouldnt have to give the earth to get him.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002

Tiger Ghost said:
What are peoples thoughts on Bate from the Demons? Dominates VFL then gets 1 game in the seniors in the most dysfunctional forward line and back to the VFL. He fits into the right age bracket, is a good lead up HFF and a pretty good shot for goal. Again depends on the above guys but wouldnt have to give the earth to get him.
Ranga
Football
Club
"Oh where from Rangaland,A fighting fury where from Rangaland"

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West

Tiger Ghost said:

I like Bate. Massive kick, goes hard. Reckon he could play the lead up role like Cloke does for the Pies. Picture him marking on the wing, turning inside and hoofing the ball long to Jack one out.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Is duel sided copared to Nahas who is not
Goal range 40 - 50 mtrs,Where Nahas is 30-40[at a stretch]
Is more accurate than Nahas
However doesn,t have the tank like Nahas.
His attitude seems to be where Nahas,s was last year.
Pretty much spot on Captain. His biggest problem is consistency. Nahas of 2010 is a good comparison. He had 31 touches against Adelaide this year so he knows how to find the footy. Is deadly around goal. But his work rate might be what is letting him down. A change of scenery could be what is needed for him. Definitely has the talent.

jb03 said:
Don't get the wrap on Maric.
Many on here were saying the same thing about Grigg and Houli before they actually saw what they can do to help improve our team.

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house

One-eyed Tiger said:
I like Bate. Massive kick, goes hard. Reckon he could play the lead up role like Cloke does for the Pies. Picture him marking on the wing, turning inside and hoofing the ball long to Jack one out.

He's actually a bit taller than i thought 192cm 91kgs, a good size for a lead up forward. 24 years old and 86 games. Wonder if the club rates his ability.