The club is officially on board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The club is officially on board

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know the club is now officially on PRE (we may have been on here before, I'm not sure). We are going to start putting a bigger emphasis off the field on the opportunities that the internet can offer, and places like Facebook/Twitter but also message boards like BigFooty/Yellow and Black and PRE present all that.

Please be aware we are here to take any feedback to ways we can improve in marketing and fan activities and would love to hear initatives you would like to see and other things alone those lines...however I am not the coach, so on-field talk won't do much good :)

But we're here and willing to listen.

Cheers

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
After a day or two you might reconsider! ;D

Great work by the club to connect with it's grass root members!

P.S. a lot of good suggestions and discussions re. the club off field on the "off-field" discussion board.

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?board=18.0

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Good Luck ! You'll do well to set some expectations first though...

(Rosy/Admins, is this legit ?)

geoffryprettyboy

Tiger Legend
Apr 8, 2004
RFC_Official said:
Please be aware we are hear to take any feedback to ways we can improve in marketing and fan activities and would love to hear initatives you would like to see and other things alone those lines...however I am not the coach, so on-field talk won't do much good :)

That's great!

I would appreciate that you supply an email address so we can forward our feedback.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Welcome to PRE RFC_Official. :) ( You're the first from RFC to post in an official manner. )

Congrats and thanks for being willing to listen to the voice of the supporters. A welcome change from the past and a good indication of a united future for the club we all love.

:gotigers

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Terrific to hear (assuming this is legit...)

Main points from a country member in Victoria) :
- the majority of us are finally happy with the plan for the club on and off field
- any chance of concession country membership packages being released? An expansion of country membership options may be worth investigating.
- The club's official website is notoriously poor. i think you have to go through Telstra and that's a shame. Video quality terrible, content average, difficult to navigate (eg password protected Eye of Tiger section). would love to see this improved (although maybe that's why we are all here at PRE!)
- Most of us hate Etihad stadium, thanks for keeping the pressure on the AFL so we don't have to play there.

GO TIGES,

Rensman

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
rensman said:

- the majority of us are finally happy with the plan for the club on and off field
- any chance of concession country membership packages being released? An expansion of country membership options may be worth investigating.
- The club's official website is notoriously poor. i think you have to go through Telstra and that's a shame. Video quality terrible, content average, difficult to navigate (eg password protected Eye of Tiger section). would love to see this improved (although maybe that's why we are all here at PRE!)
- Most of us hate Etihad stadium, thanks for keeping the pressure on the AFL so we don't have to play there.

GO TIGES,

Rensman

Not to mention Sunday twilight games don't work for us country folk either.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
WesternTiger said:
After a day or two you might reconsider! ;D

Great work by the club to connect with it's grass root members!

P.S. a lot of good suggestions and discussions re. the club off field on the "off-field" discussion board.

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?board=18.0

Thanks for that, and yes it is legit :) Both me and our efforts to change a few things around the place.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
RFC_Official said:
Thanks for that, and yes it is legit :) Both me and our efforts to change a few things around the place.

Pleased you're on board. :thumbsup
Things can get pretty blunt around here but usually in most cases it's just a reflection of how the fans are feeling.
Better to be aware of that than not (I think).

Look forward to your input and communication on PRE.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
rensman said:

GO TIGES,

Rensman

Will just clarify a few points where I can help, and my line of work.

The club is putting a focus on 'digital' take that any way that you wish. Internet, multimedia, mobile, whatever it may be. That also heavily ties into giving fans better match day experience, better online experience, etc.

I am here for that; sadly, matters like keeping matches at the MCG (which we love) is above my head.

Those are the limitations that I'll set.

Want an iPhone app? Tell us why you'd want it. Want to see different kinds of content on the website/facebook/twitter, etc? Let us know. You think you can help out the club with your digital expertise? Let us know.

As I said, we are here to take feedback and listen and have constructive conversation. No need for abuse, as we cop enough of that on Facebook! haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
RFC_Official said:
The club is putting a focus on 'digital' take that any way that you wish. Internet, multimedia, mobile, whatever it may be. That also heavily ties into giving fans better match day experience, better online experience, etc.

Cool, then my first complaint suggestion is right up your alley.

Can you make the RFC Website content available free of charge to all RFC Members ? At the moment overseas RFC Members have no free access to the video content and we're encouraged by BigPond to sign up for a premium service to access this content.

It's tough enough being a member overseas. Not being able to view Jack's interviews or Beavis's post match presser make it even tougher.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Baloo said:

Can you make the RFC Website content available free of charge to all RFC Members ? At the moment overseas RFC Members have no free access to the video content and we're encouraged by BigPond to sign up for a premium service to access this content.

It's tough enough being a member overseas. Not being able to view Jack's interviews or Beavis's post match presser make it even tougher.

Beavis. :hihi

You might need to elaborate Baloo!

B1 and B2

Richo & The Twins
Mar 6, 2007
2 years ago Richmond FC had the worse online shop out of the 16 clubs.
Now it's as good as Collingwoods or even better. Good to see updates regularly and the odd specials.

B2

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
WesternTiger said:
Beavis. :hihi

You might need to elaborate Baloo!

You think ? I was also going to ask that they run a search and replace on the the RFC website for "Trent Cotchin" with "Chimp Kazoo".

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Would be good if the inujry update on the site is continually updated and accurate and includes all listed players including rookies and the like.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
Baloo said:

Your reply is right down my alley! You can still view the interview by Jack here: http://bit.ly/aR6ERh

We are pushing our social media channels: Facebook and Twitter. It is the easiest/most effective ways to communicate with you guys. One of our posts about Ben last night had nearly 250 comments. Most are talking to one another, but it's the best way for us to get the pulse of our fans.

Secondly, the club is currently a part of the AFL network that has partnered with BigPond. As a result, there are certain limitations that we face that we are working on, but we try as much as possible to give free/exclusive content via our social media platforms.

Collo

Tiger Superstar
Aug 6, 2010
Would appreciate having more interviews with players on the RFC website. If you look at other elite sports such as the NBA, you see more player interviews and exclusive insight which is always great fun. There only ever seems to be player interviews etc once every couple of months (besides the weekly press conferences)
Cheers

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
RFC_Official said:
Your reply is right down my alley! You can still view the interview by Jack here: http://bit.ly/aR6ERh

We are pushing our social media channels: Facebook and Twitter. It is the easiest/most effective ways to communicate with you guys. One of our posts about Ben last night had nearly 250 comments. Most are talking to one another, but it's the best way for us to get the pulse of our fans.

Secondly, the club is currently apart of the AFL network that has partnered with BigPond. As a result, there are certain limitations that we face that we are working on, but we try as much as possible to give free/exclusive content via our social media platforms.

I'm assuming this should be "a part of"??? As written it means almost the opposite.