The club is officially on board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The club is officially on board

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Question re: renewimg memberships online.

Do I need to give consent for my credit card to be automatically debited for a 2017 (and 18, 19 etc) membership in order to renew online for 2016? If not, please disregard the question, although I can't find a way around it.

If so - very poor form to railroad loyal supporters into an arrangement they may not be comfortable with. Just as software doesn't run on my PC without my permission, nobody's hitting up my cc with a surprise deduction during the off-season. After 25 consecutive years of membership I'm not going anywhere, but it's not for the club to take my patronage for granted. Will come in to Punt Rd and pay cash instead. Rant over.

Hi LeeToRainesToRoach,

By opting in to pay for your membership as a Committed Tiger you automatically authorise the Club to debit funds from your account for the intervals agreed and then this does rollover from year-to-year as per the terms and conditions here - https://membership.richmondfc.com.au/contact-us/tcs.

The option to pay cash for your membership will mean you are not on the Committed Tiger payment plan and need to do so every year, which you seem happy to do. If you or anyone else is uncomfortable with the payment arrangement of your membership, please feel free to contact our membership department on 1300 742 466 and we can discuss any other options. Thanks.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
Ripplestick said:
Hi Stig,

I'm wanting to go to a training session this week at Punt road as I'm unable to make it to the Beaconsfield training on Friday. Can you please advise is there is training on Wednesday 20/jan and if so, what time?

Thanks.

Hey Ripplestick, with the training session on Friday night, none of this week's Punt Road training sessions are official open, but there are clearly ways to watch from the outside. We are training Wednesday at 2pm. Cheers.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
RFC_Official said:
Hi LeeToRainesToRoach,

By opting in to pay for your membership as a Committed Tiger you automatically authorise the Club to debit funds from your account for the intervals agreed and then this does rollover from year-to-year as per the terms and conditions here - https://membership.richmondfc.com.au/contact-us/tcs.

The option to pay cash for your membership will mean you are not on the Committed Tiger payment plan and need to do so every year, which you seem happy to do. If you or anyone else is uncomfortable with the payment arrangement of your membership, please feel free to contact our membership department on 1300 742 466 and we can discuss any other options. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, RFCO. Ben from the membership department contacted me this morning (as I also left feedback on the Ticketmaster page linked to the club website) and I renewed over the phone, without having the recurring debit applied.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Thanks for the reply, RFCO. Ben from the membership department contacted me this morning (as I also left feedback on the Ticketmaster page linked to the club website) and I renewed over the phone, without having the recurring debit applied.

No problems, glad it's resolved and pleased to have you back on board for another year.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
Chiang Mai Tiger said:
RFCO: Any idea when the new headshots and 2016 player profiles are going to be posted?

Hey mate, they were only taken last night by AFL Photos, so they have to be etched and made ready for the website. I would hope over the coming week the whole player profiles section is updated, but I would say week before round 1 is looking more likely. Cheers,

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
poppa x said:
We PhotoShop our players pics?
Who'da figured?

Got a sneak peek at Mabior's pic:
serge-nubret.jpg

Rowdy

11 + 2018 = 12!
Jul 15, 2009
Dear RFC, I am done

No more memberships from me, no more spending at the superstore, no more going to games, won't even watch on TV.

Why you might ask?

Well, it's not because of the fact we can't win, it is the constant dribble coming out of the club.

Like, Hardwick is the man to take us forward, so we extended his contract even thou he had 12 months remaining.
Like, This is the best list I have had, (yet we are not winning games, does that mean it is poor coaching then?)
Like, the supporters would not have the pasiance for a proper re build ( I did not sign on for short cuts that had no chance of succeeding)
Like, we must have stability ( every successful business turns over personnel to bring in new ideas and to stop people getting complacent)
Like, Our midfield had no chance because we won the hit outs
Like, we review constantly
Like, everyone is held to account
Like, it is a results driven industry (Well when will RFC be driven by results)
Like, he is great for our structure ( does not seem to matter that we can not kick a winning score, but as long as the structure is there that's all that matters right)
Like, not AFL standard goals
Like, Can't kick wont play
Like, between our four walls as an excuse for everything
Like, we will back ourself in to turn it around and play finals ( Hello, why not learn from past mistakes and start the season at round 1, not round 10)
Like, we have a war chest to get free agents
and that's just off the top of my head.

If a big broom goes threw the football department and the recruiting department and the player development department and we get people into the club that will make the hard decisions to bring long term success instead of short cuts and spin then I will come back but I may well have something else to do to pass the time by the time that happens.

So this is good bye and I wish you all at RFC good luck, (I think you are going to need it)

Rowdy

11 + 2018 = 12!
Jul 15, 2009
tigertim said:
See ya rowdy. Will you be giving up PRE too?

That might be a bit harder to give up.
Will be going to TAC cup games so I might do the odd post about the kids I see

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Rowdy said:
Dear RFC, I am done

No more memberships from me, no more spending at the superstore, no more going to games, won't even watch on TV.

Why you might ask?

Well, it's not because of the fact we can't win, it is the constant dribble coming out of the club.

Like, Hardwick is the man to take us forward, so we extended his contract even thou he had 12 months remaining.
Like, This is the best list I have had, (yet we are not winning games, does that mean it is poor coaching then?)
Like, the supporters would not have the pasiance for a proper re build ( I did not sign on for short cuts that had no chance of succeeding)
Like, we must have stability ( every successful business turns over personnel to bring in new ideas and to stop people getting complacent)
Like, Our midfield had no chance because we won the hit outs
Like, we review constantly
Like, everyone is held to account
Like, it is a results driven industry (Well when will RFC be driven by results)
Like, he is great for our structure ( does not seem to matter that we can not kick a winning score, but as long as the structure is there that's all that matters right)
Like, not AFL standard goals
Like, Can't kick wont play
Like, between our four walls as an excuse for everything
Like, we will back ourself in to turn it around and play finals ( Hello, why not learn from past mistakes and start the season at round 1, not round 10)
Like, we have a war chest to get free agents
and that's just off the top of my head.

If a big broom goes threw the football department and the recruiting department and the player development department and we get people into the club that will make the hard decisions to bring long term success instead of short cuts and spin then I will come back but I may well have something else to do to pass the time by the time that happens.

So this is good bye and I wish you all at RFC good luck, (I think you are going to need it)

Don't blame you at all mate. Can see you're a true tiger at heart and will always be a tiger but the current incompetence shown by those running our club is enough to turn anyone off.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I can understand the angst some have with Penny and Bennys not decisions over the past couple of years, but that's in hindsight, in there defence ,they along with all the loyal members had done an outstanding job in aradicating the clubs debt, setting up the TFTF , attracting sponsors and fielding a competive team for more then one season on field for the first time in 30 years. Wrong as has been proven they showed too much faith in the "process" created by BH an co and signed Dimma on an extension too early. Unlike others I think Peggy and Bennys fate should be judged over the next 6 months, they will now have the chance to fix the football department ,mainly the recruitment and list management, if they fail to see the obvious flaws and fail to act upon where we are now then they should then be moved on, for me they have done a very good job except showing too much faith in there football departments beliefs

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We have two ex-AFL players on the board now. Benny and Tony Free. What's missing is an AFL footballer that was part of a successful team.

How they handle this mini-crisis is what will determine their ability to continue leading this club.