The club is officially on board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The club is officially on board

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
It is interesting how the Stig MkII doesn't really do anything on there, whereas Stig Mk I was a regular contributor/ answerer, on PRE.

Just like the club as a whole, this little bit of communication has been reigned right in, possibly to remove the case of comments being made which don't fully toe the party line.

IMO it is a real shame and wasted opportunity to engage the supporter base!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Over the years it's been a bug bear of mine, that the club employ so many young good looking roosters and chickens , who simply don't cut the mustard in customer service. In saying that the young gentleman who runs the coterie I'm in this year does a very good job and there's been a couple of young ladies who have been superb. Point been I think a bit more money spent on more expirenced people would create more money and happy supporters in the long run.

I understand you can't expect this from each Coterie, however when Neville Crowe was running one I was in, he'd call at least once a week to chat Tiges, give some goss and couldn't do enough for all the members and there guests.

I'm one who will always be a member , however I can understand why people I know have downgraded over the years due to poor service from staff. Actually one of PREs all time finest, volunteered his own time to help MC a coterie as the club didn't have one.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
CC TIGER said:
Over the years it's been a bug bear of mine, that the club employ so many young good looking roosters and chickens , who simply don't cut the mustard in customer service. In saying that the young gentleman who runs the coterie I'm in this year does a very good job and there's been a couple of young ladies who have been superb. Point been I think a bit more money spent on more expirenced people would create more money and happy supporters in the long run.

I understand you can't expect this from each Coterie, however when Neville Crowe was running one I was in, he'd call at least once a week to chat Tiges, give some goss and couldn't do enough for all the members and there guests.

I'm one who will always be a member , however I can understand why people I know have downgraded over the years due to poor service from staff. Actually one of PREs all time finest, volunteered his own time to help MC a coterie as the club didn't have one.

Interesting post CC, thanks for sharing!

Funnily (well, to me in a way) I have applied for a job at the RFC that would have the sole focus of engaging supporters/ members. To do all the things you have posted about and improve on what is in place by... lots.

Don't know if I will get a reply from Amanda, but I do hope so.

I can but imagine how we (as both the vocal minority and silent majority) would be feeling about the club now if there was an active focus on providing reasonable, interesting and quality information to us which outlines the 'whys' of why we are experiencing what we are experiencing atm.

I would hope it would lead to less phone calls to cancel the rolling Tiger payments, along with fewer ppl being as angry, incensed, not to mention the growth towards apathy, as we are seeing on PRE these days.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Is it possible that any RFC coterie members are able to have to pass on members concerns to Benny Gale or Peggy?
Or are they too close to the Board\club hierarchy to act as a voice or question the clubs direction or lack of?
Or are Benny and Peggy too insular to approach?
Are any PRE posters able to comment....

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
willo said:
Is it possible that any RFC coterie members are able to have to pass on members concerns to Benny Gale or Peggy?
Or are they too close to the Board\club hierarchy to act as a voice or question the clubs direction or lack of?
Not sure Willo.

I use to be in the same coterie as Peggy, had a couple of chats with her, very nice lady, wayyyyyy to intellect for me :hihi, seriously though I'd imagine she'd be very approachable in her role as President.

Seen Benny approached numerous times by supporters for a chat and his always stopped and given them there time .

IMHO if people aren't happy they need to do it properly and communicate with the right people, not abuse some poor office stuff kid over the phone, yep the Tiger faithfuls unhappy, we just need the right people to get involved

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
CC TIGER said:
I can understand the angst some have with Penny and Bennys not decisions over the past couple of years, but that's in hindsight, in there defence ,they along with all the loyal members had done an outstanding job in aradicating the clubs debt, setting up the TFTF , attracting sponsors and fielding a competive team for more then one season on field for the first time in 30 years. Wrong as has been proven they showed too much faith in the "process" created by BH an co and signed Dimma on an extension too early. Unlike others I think Peggy and Bennys fate should be judged over the next 6 months, they will now have the chance to fix the football department ,mainly the recruitment and list management, if they fail to see the obvious flaws and fail to act upon where we are now then they should then be moved on, for me they have done a very good job except showing too much faith in there football departments beliefs

You are kidding right?
This train wreck didn't happen overnight, it's been coming down the tracks for years.
And that's not with the benefit of hindsight.
Only now, when it arrives, does the penny start to drop (i'm not convinced the executive are not still in denial).
The club is going to make the bold move of umm err sacking some assistants.
And perhaps distribute some of that "war chest" to beef up recruiting.
Please.
You think that they should get another six months to fix the football department?
This is the same football department they have created that got us into this abyss in the first place.
The board and admin are clearly football clueless, and I dont have any confidence in their ability to execute a revival.
Their time is up.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Obviously I wasn't kidding 2 months a go, wouldn't put it up with out a winky if I wasn't ;D

Your long time fore site may well be spot on, however all I can say is when I made that post in June id have been just dealing with the reality that they will still be in power over the next list cull, trade and draft periods and if they were able to re shape the entire football department they could probally save themselves.

The thing is our opinions of if there up to it or not is kind of irrelevant this off season, they will be more then likely still in charge of the club and I'm just again hoping they can get it right on this one, yes it would be the first off season for sometime if they did.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
CC TIGER said:
Obviously I wasn't kidding 2 months a go, wouldn't put it up with out a winky if I wasn't ;D

Your long time fore site may well be spot on, however all I can say is when I made that post in June id have been just dealing with the reality that they will still be in power over the next list cull, trade and draft periods and if they were able to re shape the entire football department they could probally save themselves.

The thing is our opinions of if there up to it or not is kind of irrelevant this off season, they will be more then likely still in charge of the club and I'm just again hoping they can get it right on this one, yes it would be the first off season for sometime if they did.

To be fair to you I didn't note your date of post till i had sent mine.
The picture is certainly a lot clearer now - so much so even the administration are attempting to respond.
But i have zero confidence in their ability to get it right - nor do i think they should be given the chance - surely SEVEN YEARS is long enough to make a judgement call on their record?

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
willo said:

What I find unsettling about this administration is that at various times Peggy, Gale and Richardson have made disparaging and condescending statements about the supporter base. In the nearly 4 decades that I've supported this club I cannot recall this degree of hubris and dissmisiveness towards the members from the powers that be. Given the disconnect I don't believe they have the capacity to act on members concerns!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
17 said:
The picture is certainly a lot clearer now - so much so even the administration are attempting to respond.
But i have zero confidence in their ability to get it right - nor do i think they should be given the chance - surely SEVEN YEARS is long enough to make a judgement call on their record?
Not a prob 17, totally understand how many supporters like yourself feel about the situation we are in.

Ozmoz

RFC #23176
17 said:

There is no point (As I see it) changing the board unless whoever is running in opposition actually has idea's. The last people I would vote for are disgruntle members running.

And generally during the normal elections there is only a couple of positions open, so unless you have control of the board there is nothing you can do anyway.

The board isn't the problem, we are one of the strongest clubs off field thanks to them.

I think its been the recruiting process with us for a long time. So that is an area I would make heads roll.

Oz

OldTiger67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 6, 2016
Ozmoz said:
There is no point (As I see it) changing the board unless whoever is running in opposition actually has idea's. The last people I would vote for are disgruntle members running.

And generally during the normal elections there is only a couple of positions open, so unless you have control of the board there is nothing you can do anyway.

The board isn't the problem, we are one of the strongest clubs off field thanks to them.

I think its been the recruiting process with us for a long time. So that is an area I would make heads roll.

Oz

Not sure about the "one of the strongest clubs off field" comment. We are the 2nd WORST club for corporate sponsorship (see The Age article linked below).

Note that these are the 2015 figures, and since we have lost ME Bank.

Another piece of endless spin by the club! Spinning us to believe that they are excellent financial managers.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/audi-deal-shows-how-some-clubs-enjoy-life-in-the-fast-lane-20150619-ghsmgd.html

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
OldTiger67 said:
Not sure about the "one of the strongest clubs off field" comment. We are the 2nd WORST club for corporate sponsorship (see The Age article linked below).

Another piece of endless spin by the club! Spinning us to believe that they are excellent financial managers.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/audi-deal-shows-how-some-clubs-enjoy-life-in-the-fast-lane-20150619-ghsmgd.html

Capital investment over the last few years has been huge. Punt Rd has been transformed for the better.

Now we just need people who know how to use it.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
OldTiger67 said:

We should stop posting this link. It was posted elsewhere a week or so ago and when it was done. It is wrong and was discredited when it was originally published.

This is a list of the value of the remainder of the contracts in place. so if a new contract had just been signed for 5 years then the value would be 5 times the annual value. it is comparing apples and pears.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Mappa said:
Then facts always get in the way of a good story Sin.

Rubbish comment. Why would we be lineball on making a profit if we had all this corporate support?

Who has replaced ME Bank as a sponsor?

We are not in the top clubs for football department spending? So where is all the money from sponsors?

Rowdy

11 + 2018 = 12!
Jul 15, 2009
Rowdy said:
Dear RFC, I am done

No more memberships from me, no more spending at the superstore, no more going to games, won't even watch on TV.

Why you might ask?

Well, it's not because of the fact we can't win, it is the constant dribble coming out of the club.

Like, Hardwick is the man to take us forward, so we extended his contract even thou he had 12 months remaining.
Like, This is the best list I have had, (yet we are not winning games, does that mean it is poor coaching then?)
Like, the supporters would not have the pasiance for a proper re build ( I did not sign on for short cuts that had no chance of succeeding)
Like, we must have stability ( every successful business turns over personnel to bring in new ideas and to stop people getting complacent)
Like, Our midfield had no chance because we won the hit outs
Like, we review constantly
Like, everyone is held to account
Like, it is a results driven industry (Well when will RFC be driven by results)
Like, he is great for our structure ( does not seem to matter that we can not kick a winning score, but as long as the structure is there that's all that matters right)
Like, not AFL standard goals
Like, Can't kick wont play
Like, between our four walls as an excuse for everything
Like, we will back ourself in to turn it around and play finals ( Hello, why not learn from past mistakes and start the season at round 1, not round 10)
Like, we have a war chest to get free agents
and that's just off the top of my head.

If a big broom goes threw the football department and the recruiting department and the player development department and we get people into the club that will make the hard decisions to bring long term success instead of short cuts and spin then I will come back but I may well have something else to do to pass the time by the time that happens.

So this is good bye and I wish you all at RFC good luck, (I think you are going to need it)

Well I tried to walk away, but I just renewed