The Docklands debate | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Docklands debate

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
To be clear: my interest in this is that we, the rank and file Richmond people, are having our loyalty called into question.

We're hated again. It took 40 years but we are hated again. We're always going to be cast in a negative light where ever possible because it generates interest which means eyeballs/clicks which is revenue.

Richmond FC is the hated one. Much better feeling than being everyone's second favourite team.

Reactions: 7 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
For context and completeness, Docklands crowds are down 25% compared with 2019.

Nice that we're the only supporters being thrown under a bus.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Exactly, as I mentioned to someone on FB, “yes, it’s only Richmond games where attendance has dropped....”

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I hate supporting the idea that my general admission membership will only get me access to the top level or parts of the bottom level, while countless 'premium' seats remain empty on the other levels.

This has to be the most irritating thing about the place. You go in and you can't get a seat except right up the top and Levels 1 and 2 are sparse at best.

If the seats aren't sold, then open them up for general admission.

And, bring back general admission - end the general admission farce!

DS

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
And, by the way, Port Adelaide should alter their prison bars jumper so that the white bars are replaced by teal bars and then they could wear it every week, no problem.
This is a brilliant idea.
It would envoke both aspects of the Port Adelaide story and Eddy would have no argument.

Reactions: 1 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
And, by the way, EVERY game should be played at the MCG, unless there is a compelling reason to play it elsewhere. For example, GWS V Gold Coast could be played on the moon. The crowd would still be the same so we may as well give the hallowed turf a rest. That is compelling enough for me.
18K watching Richmond v a lowly supported interstate expansion club - they could have played it at Punt Road !

• Love

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This is a brilliant idea.
It would envoke both aspects of the Port Adelaide story and Eddy would have no argument.

Black and Teal with the opposite, Teal and White for their clash strips

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I could author a timeline of epic fails at this joint.

I just recalled this pearl: there used to be only three levels at Docklands. Yep. Some Einstein thought it would be clever to bundle levels two and three together into a single level.

I guess they thought level four sounded like it would be too far from the action.

This is the kind of *smile* you get when marketers and accountants hold too much sway.

Dickheads.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I don't mind Marvel, but this is the crux of it. It's a dumb commercial decision by the AFL to fixture us away from the MCG when there's no contractual requirement to do so.
Don't know the details, but it might be cheaper to host games at Marvel than the MCG. I know there's a big cost differential between Marvel and AAMI park for example.

Of course you have to balance cost against revenue/profit - would 30K at the G earn more than 18K at the Dump? Dunno. Does the AFL get to pocket more from games at the Dump? Dunno.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Might have something to do with both Benny and Dimma making public statements about how much we hate to go there, just sayin'

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Might have something to do with both Benny and Dimma making public statements about how much we hate to go there, just sayin'
Must admit, I do prefer Hardwick’s often trotted out mantra of “anywhere, anytime”
No excuses, no apologies.
Think he’d like his time over again with that interview. He should have clarified that the supporters might hate going there but the players will play anywhere, anytime.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Must admit, I do prefer Hardwick’s often trotted out mantra of “anywhere, anytime”
No excuses, no apologies.
Think he’d like his time over again with that interview. He should have clarified that the supporters might hate going there but the players will play anywhere, anytime.
He did give the "anywhere anytime" in this afternoons press conference.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Meanwhile Salty has made another dig at how many games we play at the G.

It's our home ground you creepy greasy-haired twat.
I was disappointed he didn't thank us for allowing them to play their next home game against us at our venue. ... he's a miserable, ungrateful fella, aint he?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Meanwhile Salty has made another dig at how many games we play at the G.

It's our home ground you creepy greasy-haired twat.

See, all those that said Salty had changed and now respected us were fooled. His true colours are never far from the surface.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Here’s something, when was the last time a decent food vendor appeared inside Marvel?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
See, all those that said Salty had changed and now respected us were fooled. His true colours are never far from the surface.
Yep. Just read between the lines (i.e. wrinkles) when looking at his facial expression.