The Farce Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Farce Thread

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Obviously keen students of the game will become aware of farces that nobody else has seen. And devout posters will note these farcical farces on the various threads.

But rank and file supporters have to see the farcicality for it to be truly a farce.

Call it here.

BTW Patches Madonna's non selection in 2014 was a farce. Just sayen.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Dimma, assistants and the match selection mob are the biggest farce. oh and I forgot to mention our recruiters.

Wait for the meltdown if the dees beat us.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
funky said:
Miles not being elevated round 1was a farce.

This comment is definitely worthy of being on the Farce Thread.

Surely has to come in for King on the LTIL.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It's a farce that the thread title isn't "laughing our farce off"

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ian4 said:
The free ride Newman is getting for no apparent reason

Come on Bin4, this is a thread for real farces, not a place to keep trumpeting your personal biases.

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
Sweet Liam Mcbean being denied entry into the RS and the Coleman is the original Farce IMO.

plenty of farces around though. some more farcical than others, obviously.

I can see a big one brewing that I dont want to give any oxygen to. so I wont.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The Farce of the Year award has to be called the Jerome Webberly trophy

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
saigon tiger said:
Dimma, assistants and the match selection mob are the biggest farce. oh and I forgot to mention our recruiters.

Wait for the meltdown if the dees beat us.

This. Who the hell are these assistants anyway???? Were they plucked from some under 12s competition?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Baloo said:
It's a farce that the thread title isn't "laughing our farce off"

The farce is that it has taken this long for a farce thread to be started and the bigger farce is that you didn't start it baloo!

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
TigerForce said:
Well done golly. Doc sings the line about 50 times but I won't waste the space. ;D

first gig I ever went to. The Angels, ballarat civic hall. I was on tigersnakes shoulders in my flanny, a hip flask of bourbon in the top pocket. my mullet flying.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
tigergollywog said:
first gig I ever went to. The Angels, ballarat civic hall. I was on tigersnakes shoulders in my flanny, a hip flask of bourbon in the top pocket. my mullet flying.

My story .... I was a secondary teacher (Christian Brothers) in the 1980's. Played in a staff band and were not too bad. We played this song at the Year 12 social. 160 kids sang the chorus. We had no idea what had happened to the song in the 10 years since the Angels released it!

Brothers and senior teachers looking daggers. We kept playing - and they kept singing the chorus. Very funny.