The Farce Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Farce Thread

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Smoking Aces said:
I agree. I don't think the McBean farce will end this week.

It will end when he lines up for another team next year.

This has Jay Schulz written all over it.

I have a feeling this particular farce is more Jayden Post than Jay Schulz, but time will tell.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
OUR recruiting farce, everyone including media,other clubs,members,local dog club all said, your going backyards ,you have not improved your list over summer while most teams have,we proudly added broad, townsend, moore, my god they have been diabolical ,set new standards for meaning of FAILURE, NOT AFL STANDARD,WHO THE *smile* THOUGHT THEY WERE GOOD ENOUGH, tigers outdid there poor recruiting this time.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Smoking Aces said:

Aces you are an astute man bit this underplays it a tad. Liam will be better than Schulz.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Baron Samedi said:
Aces you are an astute man bit this underplays it a tad. Liam will be better than Schulz.
What I meant is he will leave for another club and most likely be up at the pointy end of the Coleman just like Schulz.

The VFL repot on McBean sounded like the great man could be in line for a call up. The farce could end. Or maybe Dimma forgot to proof read Mcraes report before it went public?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
jokershoppe said:
OUR recruiting farce, everyone including media,other clubs,members,local dog club all said, your going backyards ,you have not improved your list over summer while most teams have,we proudly added broad, townsend, moore, my god they have been diabolical ,set new standards for meaning of FAILURE, NOT AFL STANDARD,WHO THE *smile* THOUGHT THEY WERE GOOD ENOUGH, tigers outdid there poor recruiting this time.
Think you forgot Rioli n Markov while you were shouting.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Baron Samedi said:
Liam will be better than Schulz.
He'd better pull his finger out in a hurry then. Pretty sure the big Yowie managed about sixty or seventy games for us in his six years before we sold him to Port n he then blossomed into a decent key forward.
Beanie's had four years n has got a fair bit of catching up to do before he even gets within pissing distance of Yowie's failure at Tigerland.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Leysy Days said:
Hater's gunna Hate.
Not hating at all Leysy, expecting the Beanie to get a call up this week n hoping he does well.

We all know we desperately need something to put some smiles back into a crap season.

If Beanie winds up with a career anywhere near Yowie Schulz's he'll have done well, but he's a hundred miles off it at the moment.

People still pumping him up as better than sliced bread when he's still achieved nothing at AFL level are simply doing him no favours at all n just making it easier for fans to turn if he fails to be our next super star.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Smoking Aces said:

Bit of a different player but I don't have quite the same buzz about McBean yet that I did have about Jay.
To me Liam is still a baby in relative terms at 21 for a 200cm+ tall.
Clearly has some talent & some baby giraffe qualites too.
Want to see him play more senior football yet before forming a judgement.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
There's probably more of a similarity between Sarge and Griff in terms of having some AFL traits but being somewhat awestruck and unable to impose themselves on the big stage.

I didn't realise McBean was still 21. Surely he's a hold for at least 2 more years.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
There's probably more of a similarity between Sarge and Griff in terms of having some AFL traits but being somewhat awestruck and unable to impose themselves on the big stage.

I didn't realise McBean was still 21. Surely he's a hold for at least 2 more years.
Can't just hold them because they're still young. Needs to show continual progression otherwise it's just another wasted list clogger. Same can be said for Elton n he's had a year longer on the list for his two games.
Even if they're big tall awkward looking pelicans as youngsters there needs to be a scenario where they play perhaps a couple of pre season senior games in their first year. Then perhaps two or three games in their second year. On to maybe half a dozen or more games in their third year. Then progress onward from there.

I've got no idea why Elton is still on the list, he's only been moderate at magoos level n tried all over the ground.

Beanie on the other hand has played some excellent footy during his time in the magoos and probably all Tiger fans are frustrated that he hasn't had the usual progression to see whether he can elevate to a senior player, at worst he probably should have ten to fifteen games under his belt already n be primed to step up to a senior role.

Now that Ty is struggling so badly and the team is out of finals contention we'd all expect the Beanie to get a block of senior games to try n settle into the team n show what he's got before the seasons over, but he's still got to show something when he gets his chance.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We don't want to abuse the power of a Farce reckoning, t,e. Perhaps we'll have to call on that mystic power again. But Chol and C Moore could be next to be persecuted. And what about that Lennon champion? Will he be the next one scandalously overlooked by a corrupt imbecile and his *smile* cronies?

We'll be ready.

wpid-superman-logo-creator-advice-digital-spy-forums-1024x768.jpg

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
C Moore? It would be a farce to pick him as much as not picking him would be farcical.

He is the point of equilibrium between reason and madness.

He is everything and nothing.

He is the alpha, and the omega.

His nickname should be Yossarian, and I want the paradoxical mofo playing seniors.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This kind of paradox, Bidda? "It was love at first sight. The first time Hartley saw Chaplin he fell madly in love with him."

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
Dyer'ere said:
This kind of paradox, Bidda? "It was love at first sight. The first time Hartley saw Chaplin he fell madly in love with him."

Well they do say love is blind, right? Which goes a long way towards explaining how that kicking action got under the radar...

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dyer'ere said:

Love at farce sight?