The Farce Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Farce Thread

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
tassiedave said:

Technically Hunt is a FOLLY, tassie. FOLLY = madness that he is in the senior side. FARCE = madness that he's not in the senior side. I must find the FOLLY thread. Checking...

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
BiddiscombeSkills said:
Ha! I'm slow tonight. Well played, sir

Spook quoted it at the footy last week, Bidda. Or I'd never have remembered it. ;D

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
BiddiscombeSkills said:
C Moore? It would be a farce to pick him as much as not picking him would be farcical.

He is the point of equilibrium between reason and madness.

He is everything and nothing.

He is the alpha, and the omega.

His nickname should be Yossarian, and I want the paradoxical mofo playing seniors.

Who doesn't love Catch-22 reference? Bravo Bidda. :clap :clap

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dyer'ere said:
I almost remembered that quote, spook. ;D
I thought it was beautifully adapted.

337099-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

“I am miracle ingredient Z-247. I'm immense. I'm a real, slam-bang, honest-to-goodness, three-fisted humdinger. I'm a bona fide supraman.”

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
Oh that's good. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that's the best captioned photo I've seen in years.

The thinking man's gold post!

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Don't encourage me. I have a zillion Catch-22 quotes for any occasion. ;D

Here's one for Dimma:

“Now you've given them hope, and they're unhappy. So the blame is all yours.”

One for the two of them:

“McBean had a footy mind, and Coach Hardwick had noticed that players with footy minds tended to get pretty smart at times.”

The AFL lives by this one:

"Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing."

One for the AFL media:

“While none of the work we do is very important, it is important that we do a great deal of it.”

One for the fans:

“Some supporters are born accepting mediocrity, some supporters achieve the acceptance of mediocrity, and some supporters have mediocrity trust upon them.”

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
spook said:
One for the AFL media:

“While none of the work we do is very important, it is important that we do a great deal of it.”
I work in the public service, this one is very apt.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Hey Spook, do you teach or are you naturally drawn to Heller as a Richmond supporter?
Haha. Not a teacher, Tone. A reader. The book was legendary amongst my Dad and his brothers. I picked it up aged 14 and as the line goes, it was love at first sight.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Me too. Been a while for me now. Good memories. But it could also be jamais vu.

The sequel was depressing though.
You know, I never managed to get through another Heller book. Salinger though, I devoured everything he ever wrote - little that it was.

Heller had the great comeback when asked why in the following years he hadn't written anything else as good as Catch-22: "Well, neither has anyone else!"

It's a true masterpiece and arguably the novel of the 20th century.