The Fighting Tiger | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Fighting Tiger

A

admin

I guess not everyone who uses this site is a paid up member who receives 'The Fighting Tiger' Bulletin, so I thought I'd copy a few snippets from the issue that came today that may be of interest.

In his article 'Our tradition is so special.' Campbo said-

"As a 16-year-old, I suffered an injury from football that required a couple of days in hospital. It coincided with one of my boyhood idols, Michael Roach's 200th-and last- game for the Tigers. On that Friday night I refused to lett he nurse give me a needle, which I knew would send me to sleep, until I saw him lead the team off the ground. He kicked a goal with his last kick, just as the siren sounded. I now get to use the locker next to the one he used....."

He speaks about the Punt Road Oval, the Yellow and Black colours we adopted in 1887 and how it's great the club strongly opposes the use of away jumpers, and our song that even opposition supporters say is the best in the league.

I think it's a great article, and I especially like where he says "The off-field changes at Tigerland in the off-season have been well documented, and have shown the players that the Club is serious about rising above mediocrity. It is now up to us, the players, to uphold our end."

In Danny's article he said " It's now a matter of getting the best out of our players on a consistant basis. I don't think our playing style will change too much this season. We want to make sure our defense is rock-solid because we had a few problems in that area with our structure last year. If opposition sides are going to beat Richmond they're going to hav eto play really well.....that's the way I want it."

He also stated

"I'd like to think that if mistakes are made by the boys in a match it's because they are not bringing anything back into the rooms with them- They're leaving it all out on the ground. In blunt terms, they're busting their guts for the Yellow and Blacks every time they pull that famous Tigers guernsey on. To me that is a tremendous starting point for us."

Here's hoping Danny,
Go Tiges.

A new thing this year will be Fans' Training Days. There are 5 dates set aside for a special training session where there will be a sausage sizzle (might be able to finally honour Benny with his cancelled one, ha) kick to kick with the players, autograph oportunities etc.

Congrats to the club for making an effort to make the fans a part of the club again.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Congrats to the club for making an effort to make the fans a part of the club again.

I agree Rosy very good articles by Wayne & Danny. The word RESPECT appears frequently too. For all the right reason I reckon.

Also included (yes all I'm on my Members Forum soapbox again ;)) is card that all members are asked to fill regarding their membership details. The club intends to print a list of all members names & m'ship numbers (those who agree to have that info published of course) in a future Club publication. Also it states the Club is looking to introduce a rewards system for the members. As the Club's records only go back to 1994 if you were a member before then you will need to supply some proof as to your "length of service". This info will be used by the Club for the rewards program

Now believe it or not while I was going through some of my old scrapbooks I found my 1983 membership card. why did I keep it? It had Tim Gepp's autograph on it ;) As well as a couple of others

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Haven't got it in front of me, but I think it also said that Tiger TV returns next Tuesday (March 25).

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Deano is that Foxtel's footy show or Channel 31's

I can't get 31 any more (Foxtel ripped it off me as well as SBS) so i dunno if that show still runs. Does anyone know?

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Didn't know that - thank you , thank you, thank you .

You can see how much tellie i watch lol

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Also included (yes all I'm on my Members Forum soapbox again ;)) is card that all members are asked to fill regarding their membership details. The club intends to print a list of all members names & m'ship numbers (those who agree to have that info published of course) in a future Club publication. Also it states the Club is looking to introduce a rewards system for the members. As the Club's records only go back to 1994 if you were a member before then you will need to supply some proof as to your "length of service". This info will be used by the Club for the rewards program

I was filling mine out last night Koalalill. The only thing is, unless I've kept anything going back to 1987, how am I supposed to prove I've been a member that long? I could attempt to prove it, but it's going to take a fair amount of effort to do so.

The Club rang me in 1994 to ask me how long I'd been a member, etc. Why am I doing this all over again? And what if I don't have any evidence left to prove I've been a member that long? Where does that leave me and anybody else in the same boat?

I can understand why the Club is asking people to produce evidence, but I just don't know how many people have kept such info. going back so far.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
And what if I don't have any evidence left to prove I've been a member that long?  Where does that leave me and anybody else in the same boat?

Up that certain creek I reckon MC24 ;D

But seriously, I know what you mean if I didn't have that old Tim Gepp autograph (and if I wasn't such a horder) I'd be stuffed.

And 1995 would be it for me, which is where my Mum finds herself. She's been a member since the SOS days but can't prove it.

I understand why they are doing it this way - but it is going to make it hard for people. But to be honest I haven't been able to think of a better or fairer way