The first 6 games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The first 6 games

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Ok I am also bored so I though why not throw in a looong range forecast for our first 6 games. Hopefully you will be more in depth than me ;)

Rnd 1. Actually IMO the flogpies/magettes call em what you will, will beat an underprepared Tiger outfit by 4 goals. Annoying to say the least but not surprising.

Rnd 2. Tigers beat the Bulldogs by 3 goals despite having led by 8 halfway through the third term. Some semblance of a game plan emerges for 3 qtrs. Plus a few other postive signs.

Rnd 3.Richmond beat Freo by 5 goals in a low scoring affair on a perfect still autumn day. The match proving a highlight for only a few players. In a forgettable encounter Freo proves it still hasnt the nouse to win away from WA rather than the Tigers making any huge footballing statement.

Rnd 4. Tough call on this game v the Saints. It may be the first time for the home and away season we are shown up for leg speed. But in a tight encounter (yet another un-memorable one) the Tigers get the ponts by less than 2 goals.

Rnd 5. Playing the Hawks who I dont really rate much (which usually means they will beat us) but by this time I would have expected that the guys had some good match practice under their belts, plus some good hard serious stuff and will have some confidence from 3 wins and hopefully we will be able to choose from our best possible side by this stage(taking into account guys playing their first few games after long term injury, restings, Zantuck etc) I say Tigers here by 4 goals with some encouraging signs. Look for me *smile* canning my friend both during the game (read:last 4 minutes when I am almost sure we have it in the bag) and after. ;D

Rnd 6. Port brings the Tigers back to earth with a convincing 6 goal victory over the Tigers in what is a flattering final margin. Many of players have a day they'd rather forget but amidst the gloom one of the new recruits and one much maligned youngster ( you choose but time will tell ;)) Have the game of their lives and feature in a small article in The Herald sun on a slow footy news day that following Tuesday.

After completion of the first 6 rounds Tigers stand at 4 wins 2 losses. But havent looked overly convincing and in Frawleys own words have probably "won ugly" 3 games out of 4.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Round 17. The final nail. An underperforming Fremantle inflict a humiliating defeat on a hapless Richmond. The game hasn't even ended and rumours about Frawley being sacked are already circulating. The whispers reach fever pitch over the next 48hours and on Tuesday morning Casey and Miller attend a press conference to announce that Frawleys services will no longer be required. Brittain takes over for the rest of the season and Miller is spotted having coffee with Wallace in a Richmond cafe the following week.

;D

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
I know someone who is an old friend of Paul Kelly's. He said a large group of Swans players HATED Eade's guts. Once he left they all felt reborn and could play footy again- thus their fine run home under Roos (who, apparently, they love). Methinks Wallace would be better than Eade.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Eade wouldn't even make my top 3 prospective coaches.

In recent years Sydney is the only club that can rival Richmond for drafted crap youngsters and not developing players.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Re: The first 6 games ( or the whole s4ea

:mad:How about we let the season start before we give up and pull the knives out

Before people say it this is not realism its pessimism ( I know I cant spell) .

The last week has been pathetic peoples , one wizard cup does not mean the whole year is gone. All the boards have done is bag the tiges .

Small point there were eight other teams that lost on the weekend three of which lost by greater margings than richmond 1 just under our lost. Only the Port v Adelaide game was truly close. NONE of their supporters are writing the team off and burning the coach.

Lets put those rose cloloured glasses back on and try to enjoy the start of the season proper.

If we are going to winge then mentioning the 6 to 7 hours travel to play against freo ( in Geraldton) is f...g rediculouse

Lets get behind the team and coach we have instead of what might have been. Or would you prefer to be like the fitzroy supporters who pretend that the brisbane lions is the same team.

Lets Roar Again

Khan

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Round 17.  The final nail.  An underperforming Fremantle inflict a humiliating defeat on a hapless Richmond.  The game hasn't even ended and rumours about Frawley being sacked are already circulating.  The whispers reach fever pitch over the next 48hours and on Tuesday morning Casey and Miller attend a press conference to announce that Frawleys services will no longer be required.  Brittain takes over for the rest of the season and Miller is spotted having coffee with Wallace in a Richmond cafe the following week.

;D
what part of the first 6 rounds didnt you understand? :-/

J

JohnF

Khan, after 20 years of farce, I think we've earned our bitching rights.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Certainly have but its a little early thats all. Give them a chance.

Last Year Eddiewoods were bundled out of the Potter Cup in straight sets while we went on to contend. And they played off in the Grand Final. I should know that as a friend of mine dragged me to two of their appearances and they were pathetic

Lets wind back, relax be happy we have no 'serious injuries' and wait five weeks. Try not to be so completely negative (diggler exculded, the grinch is his role model

Lets Roar

Khan :D

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Khan, after 20 years of farce, I think we've earned our bitching rights.
i agree everyone of us have the right to *smile*.but geez after a round one loss in a pre-season comp.
*its been over 5yrs since we won a 1st round pre-season comp.last year we got flogged in a similar way by geelong but still made the GF.
*both melb and the pies lost all their pre-season games last year but made the finals in the H+A season.
*danny had stated that this years wizz cup wasnt a high priority and we did look underdone compared to melb.
*why put all your eggs in the one basket in a pre season game.you think with a guy like brittan our midfield would perform like they did on friday night?
*the real season is a month away with 6 months of hard work ahead.why with the way the wizz cup is played[non stop] would you put your players thru that when there is bigger fish to fry in the real season.
*the only thing that is certain is there are some posters on here who would have had a smile on their face,s after fridays performance.sad but true.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
I'd be more than happy with a 4-2 win loss ratio afer six as appossed to last years 2 and 4. But the difference between"our best" and the teams we face in these rounds with the exception of port is not great so given a positive start against the pies a 4-2 result is not out of the question.

Go Tigers.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Exactly Mellow! And I'd say thats hardly a wrist-slitting statement even after we played poorly in the wizz cup.
I have stated before I personally dont care that we lost but the way we lost,which unfortunately looked all too familiar.
I have high hopes for this season but my beliefs are nowhere near them as I have been disappointed too many times before.
But my passion for supporting the Tigers wont go away no matter how many times we talk it up and fail. Because one day we will get there, even if it means I have to wait until the kids I havent had yet are teenagers :'( hehe
Go Tigers (do what Johnson does) ;D

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Me negative! Its hard to become positive after 21 years of crap. Who would of believed that when I bought my little old concrete house in Doveton on a 20 year mortgage for $25,000 back on Grand Final day in 1982, I would of made my last payment and still Richmond have not played in a grand final since. ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Well if my scanner wasn't broken I'd send you my quick pick for Saturday night and that would give you 12 combinations of numbers that will NOT win. Aside from that guarantee I know nothing! 8)
Hopefully we do end up 4 and 2 or better though! Maybe I should have just left this alone I have probably jinxed it all now!! :(

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
I'm 27, went to my first game at the Whitten oval in '83 when Beazley booted about 177 goals against us!

Haven't seen too much to smile about since apart from a final here and there.

So whinge, whinge, and whinge again is what we'll be doing until we become a REGULAR fixture come finals!!!

p.s. I love Newman