The first 6 games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The first 6 games

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Tigerdog said:
I REALLY hope that I've got it wrong this week!!

Still time to look in your magical crystal ball and see a Tiger victory TD ;D.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
The next 6 games, here's Newman's prediction.....

Round 7 - vs Essendon.

Tigers lose Cambell and Houlihan, drop Pettifer (they *smile* better) and bring in Vardy, Shultz and the long awaited debut of McGrath!!! (Richo and Holland still a week or 2 away)

Essendon come of a loss to Fremantle. History has it that 13 of the last 14 clubs to return from the west have lost the next round - this gives us a slight chance against a side who at the moment, are a better team than us (considering the 5 big guns we have out)

After a bad start to the game, the Tigers hold their own in the second half but lost by 3 goals.

P.S. Rogers tagged Peverill who kicked 13 goals on him!!!

Round 8 - vs Melbourne.

Tigers regain Richo, Cambell and Holland gets selected for his long awaited come back. Dees lost to P.A. by 72 points and come out hard but the Tiges too strong, win by 27 points.

Round 9 - vs West Coast.

Tigers play a high flying West Coast at Subiaco - a tough trip even for the Lions. West Coast plug away all day and eventually come up winners by 19 points, Richo kicks 7 for the Tiges!!!

Round 10 - vs Sydney.

13 clubs who have returned from the West of late have lost their next game but against the odds, Richmond trounce a weak Sydney by 54 points, our toughness and running game a highlight - Rodan explodes with 36 possessions and 4 goals.

Round 11 - vs Kangaroos.

The Tigers play their 4th game in a row under lights and keep their winning record going with a convincing 37 point victory over the soon to be 'extinct' kangas!!! Richo kicks 13 goals, takes 22 marks but does his hammy and out for 3 weeks!!!

On a positive note, McGrath and Krak combined for 2 goals a piece and have Richmond supporters, commentators and fellow players licking their lips - consequently Spud Frawley drops them to Coburg to bring in Rogers and Pettiffer!!!

Round 12 - vs Carlton.

Richmond meet the in form Blue baggers and the media builds this game up all week. 7000 fans get turned away before the game.

Richmond come out firing in the first half and bury Carlton, who fight back to within 5 goals in the last quarter.

Richmond win their 3rd game in a row, sit 3rd on the ladder and Mark Coughlan firms into 17-1 for the Brownlow.

P.S. Ottens and Blumfield back in full training and both expected back in 2 weeks.

Go Tiges, let's eat these c@#*s alive!!!

P.S. I love Newman ;)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
HAHAHA! 8-4, not bad!

Look forward to Rodan's 36 possession 4 goal blitz, Richo's bags of 7 and 13 goals, and look forward to heaping it on Rogers and Pettifer.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I will be in Melbourne for Richmond-Carlton with a Richmond supporter mate from over here and our girlfriends (mine is a Carlton supporter poor girl will be devastated after that game). When do tickets for that game go on sale i dont want us to fly that far and miss out. Would be devastated. If someone can let me know that would be appreciated.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
First predictions.

We will beat Essendon and the psycological hold they have had over us will be a thing of the past.
Mike Sheehan will jump on the Richmond bandwagon and tip us the following week against the Dees. We don't want ya tips though thanks Mikey.

Shawry my husband was a Carlton supporter when I married him. Sheer persistance, and Richmond presents every birthday has converted him over to Tigerland though. ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
rosy3 said:
First predictions.

We will beat Essendon and the psycological hold they have had over us will be a thing of the past.
Mike Sheehan will jump on the Richmond bandwagon and tip us the following week against the Dees. We don't want ya tips though thanks Mikey.

Part one correct, and you can bet your house Sheehan will jump on board when he does his tips on Friday.
;D ;D ;D ;D

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
shawry said:
I will be in Melbourne for Richmond-Carlton with a Richmond supporter mate from over here and our girlfriends (mine is a Carlton supporter poor girl will be devastated after that game). When do tickets for that game go on sale i dont want us to fly that far and miss out. Would be devastated. If someone can let me know that would be appreciated.
Shawry, You can get tickets for the game right now over the internet through ticketmaster7. I'm looking at coming down from NSW for the same game and have looked into it. Quite a few seats gone already so you might have to get going on it.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks Tiga, will look into it today. We are defuinitely going over and for the reason of watching that game so i better get in quick since my off the bench membership doesnt get me into any games.

Thanks for filling me in.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Yay this will be my century in posts . woohoo.

Um, just booked the tickets thanks Tiga, got my mate to do it who is coming with me. Apparently Southern Stand sold out in 2 days, so we are up in the Olympic stand. Glad i didnt wait much longer.