• PRE should be functioning as per usual. Please email admin@puntroadend.com to report anything odd that is occuring over the next few days as we settle a few database issues.

The Footy Show

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
With Matthew Lloyd becoming a regular on The Footy Show this year, we can probably expect some controversy regarding the open and honest opinions he gives in certain AFL issues.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Re: The Footy Show - 2012

TigerForce said:
With Matthew Lloyd becoming a regular on The Footy Show this year, we can probably expect some controversy regarding the open and honest opinions he gives in certain AFL issues.
Just another reason not to watch it!

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004

Haven't minded him so far. For what its worth I reckon he was spot on with his assessment of Melbourne's decision to announce Grimes and Trengove as captains when they have played just 30 odd games each.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

WesternTiger said:
I was just about to post that's something I'll probably never know. No inclination whatsoever to watch it.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

skiptomystu said:
Haven't minded him so far. For what its worth I reckon he was spot on with his assessment of Melbourne's decision to announce Grimes and Trengove as captains when they have played just 30 odd games each.
What did he say?

And did he allude to the nonsense of wheeling out the demoted Green to address the Jurrah situation.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008

TigerForce said:
Does anyone find it strange that I actually really like Lloyd as a commentator?

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004

jb03 said:
What did he say?

And did he allude to the nonsense of wheeling out the demoted Green to address the Jurrah situation.
Nah he didn't mention anything about Green.

Originially he was saying how Jack Watts has been hard done by through the media. Said how he lacks intensity and so forth but mentioned that you pick up a lot about workrate depending on the guys around you in the team.

He said when he started at Essendon how he had the likes of Hird, Harvey, Thompson and O'Donnell telling him he had to harden up, or work harder or whatever, and said that Watts might not have that at Melbourne with the lack of leadership.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

skiptomystu said:
He gave Melbourne an almighty whack and more so the senior players like Jamar, Silvia, Davey, Rivers. He said they should be embarassed that they were not picked as captains and that they were overlooked for 2 kids who have barely played 40 games.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004

WesternTiger said:
I know the hosts can be annoying, but unfortunately, it still remains the only show with live breaking news (no matter how bad it is) and guests.

The reason I watch it is because it's live.

Damien Blabbermouth has already started with some betting issues amongst some un-named players so far.

tigerrookie1

Tiger Rookie
Feb 20, 2012

love the footy show but now that the flog lloyd is on not sure i can watch it! how can anyone not like big johnny brown? bloody legend. btw i wonder if the tigers have been caught up in any of the gambling scandal mentioned..the media will have an absolute feast if true.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004

Tigertool said:
So do I. He just has to be careful a bit and not become the Andrew Bolt of AFL.

Tigion

Us Against The World
Nov 25, 2006
East Gippsland

hate him just like he's bomber pals sookie la la scum. crawf and billy miss out cause of him bad move

shad

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2010

Tigertool said:
I don't mind him either. I dispised him as a player, so it's a bit weird that I enjoy him in the media.

Rocklea Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Feb 18, 2012

Tigertool said:
perhaps not 'really' like, but he's alright, it's another opinion.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne

Was there tonight (Footy show) after waiting for tickets for 5 years. Was a blast, very very funny before we went to air and during the breaks. A good night. I won some Richmond stuff for makinkg the most noise (when asked to yell out Yellow and Black), Not many Tiger fans in the 200 audiance (~ 10 or so).

Good night, some of the stuff is so so, but its a light hearted sports show, no more no less. FoxFooty provides the more indepth footy analisys.

Go Tigers

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007

Tigertool said:
I quite like his comments. Tells it how it is. Not too often on the Footy Show Melbourne would have been criticised with Garry Lyon sitting in the head chair.

Good to see.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon

Punxsutawney Phil said:
I quite like his comments. Tells it how it is. Not too often on the Footy Show Melbourne would have been criticised with Garry Lyon sitting in the head chair.

Good to see.
Lloyd annoyed me immensely as a player - particularly when he went through his "autumn leaves" period. Not saying he couldn't play - he certainly could but the free kick pleas were rubbish. Was interested to see he commented that it is a regret of his career that he used to do that. I don't mind him as a commentator. I remember him picking us to win - think it was the year before last ? And he got howled down & bagged for tipping against his side. He was right. We saluted on the night. I quite like him as a commentator - calls it as he sees it. Nothing wrong with that.

arlobill

Tiger Champion
May 6, 2008

can't think of a player i had more disrpect for than lloyd...due to his faking free falls for free kicks...but he is ok as a commentator

the footy show however lost me years ago....and now with all the foxtel footy shows i can't see myself ever watching it again..

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007

skiptomystu said:
Totally agree with his thoughts re: this.