The Footy Show

Dont Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 26, 2018
se7en said:
They need Eddie back, Sam back, get Trevor marmalade back
What’s Doug Hawkins doing now?
You should go on Se7en. You're funnier than Billy, more controversial than Sam and you know as much about football as Brayshaw.
3 for 1. You know it makes sense!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Dont Argue said:
You should go on Se7en. You're funnier than Billy, more controversial than Sam and you know as much about football as Brayshaw.
3 for 1. You know it makes sense!
Thank you for your kind words.
You are a true gentleman

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
tigertim said:
TFB 250,000 viewers, TFS 63000. It’s a slow death.
On those numbers its down like 30,000 from a few weeks ago innit?

Its dying pretty quickly i reckon.

How they thought they could throw a panel like that on TV smacking of tokenism and PC (token chick who never played AFL, guy in wheelchair who never played AFL even though he is an amazing athlete and many times a champion and bonafide star in his own right and own sport, and that unfunny social engineering agenda pushing flog Lehmo who also never played AFL under the Banner of a show that was carried very successfully by Newman, a non PC funny bloke in Marmalade and ex pro footballers and its non PC antics (like it or not) for nigh on 30 years is laughable.

The exec who came up with this abject failure wouldve been sacked by Kerry Packer after the first show, if not during it.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
craig said:
On those numbers its down like 30,000 from a few weeks ago innit?

Its dying pretty quickly i reckon.

How they thought they could throw a panel like that on TV smacking of tokenism and PC (token chick who never played AFL, guy in wheelchair who never played AFL even though he is an amazing athlete and many times a champion and bonafide star in his own right and own sport, and that unfunny social engineering agenda pushing flog Lehmo who also never played AFL under the Banner of a show that was carried very successfully by Newman, a non PC funny bloke in Marmalade and ex pro footballers and its non PC antics (like it or not) for nigh on 30 years is laughable.

The exec who came up with this abject failure wouldve been sacked by Kerry Packer after the first show, if not during it.
McGuire is the producer of the show and must take responsibility for the direction (south) in which the footy show is heading.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
TFS averaged 53000 last night with a low of 49000. TFB had 269000.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
The current format cant keep going with those numbers...Ch9 had the chance to really revamp it, but have failed big time.

The Front Bar's format based around humor will kill it every time.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Mistakenly turned over to it after the front bar finished. Watched the last few minutes.

Was meant to be a funny segment. Didn't laugh once. Didn't even smile.

Don't find any of them funny in the slightest.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Bleeding to death, but how long will they fail to accept it was a garbage idea to do what they did to it and hook it.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Wow, I thought the revamped version would’ve lasted at least one year.

So for all the complaining about it being sexist, male, pale and stale etc it seems no one wanted to watch a more diversified version.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017 ! Go Tiges in 2019 !
Aug 27, 2003
RFC
tigertim said:

So for all the complaining about it being sexist, male, pale and stale etc it seems no one wanted to watch a more diversified version.
funny that. :) :)

The Sunday footy show is still living in the old format and that has survived. I'll continue to watch that. Didnt like the new format of TFS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Meh!
Hadn't watched the old footy show in years, never bothered with the new version so wouldn't have known it was dead if not for the funeral notice in the Hun this morn. Poor Eddie, the resurrection failed n so close to Easter n all.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
tigertim said:

Sam was the show.

Once he lost interest the show dropped.
Once he left it was dead.

Surprised they try to keep I going.

Dare I say, when Gary Lyon left the show it was truely finished.