The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
im not a scott fan but i agree with both points

- the mcg surface should be a priority
- rich v carl should not be the season opener every year
Then you must also agree that Essendon and Collingwood shouldn't be the ANZAC day attraction as well, or that Richmond and Essendon shouldn't own Dreamtime!

As far as i'm concerned, if two teams have the innitiative to build an even up, then good luck to them. We had the opportunity with the ANZAC day game, having been the first to play that day (v Collingwood in 1977) but didn't have the forethought to make it an event. In fairness, back then pretty much everything was Saturday arvo (ah the good ol' days)!

We are forging a decent event with Melbourne under lights on ANZAC day anyway, and considering the spectacle under lights compared to the day time event, it could one day rival or over take the Collingwood v Essendon event.

Do we then lose it because of envy, or more to the point, because of a diversionary tactic from a salty coach who doesn't want to talk about the fact that his team was flogged, and they've nominated a 'nearly' player as their captain............... nearly broke that tackle, nearly hit that target etc etc

Reactions: 2 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
yes, i dont believe any teams should have a locked in game on a specific date or round

Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Sounded just as upset as Pricky. Poor Pussy fans....

Laugh of the day so far is Mark Manure absolute certain the Scum will beat us in R3 game.
Well going on what he says Tiges only have Pies once this year, but he gets to see his Bloos choke TWO times against them this year!!

25 points up, five minutes into the last quarter and what a chook job!! :eyes

1679120957556.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pricky bit Pricky about the Grass .......unlike Dimma who is a big fan .........................

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
it would be a priority, but that doesn't mean it will always be perfect. Imagine the uproar if the G had said no to a concert by one of the biggest artists in the world because the turf won't be perfect for round 1?

How much money did the MCC make out of that concert. $Millions, they couldn't pass up that sort of income. It helps pay off their debt.

Ignore Salty he's just a whingeing sook.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Salty was back to his whinging best.

Clearly he and his captain Rodney couldn’t handle the pressure on the big stage as the defending champions.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
How this pricks form - just another sly dig at Tigers and in this case Cartoon - he snuck in a throw away line that his match should have been the season opener.

They want to get the opening game, then they need to earn it. Couldn't get a larger crowd on a Friday than we got on a Thursday. Don't deserve the opening game.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
did you see the interview? The guy is a psycho. Says it would be distasteful for a losing coach to criticise the surface, then proceeds to bag the surface. Cracks the *smile* about not being the first game, bags our game. Getting worse based on that, which I didn't think was possible, and blew all the gloss off his nice sensitive guy rebranding he had mid last year.
Given they won 16 in a row he had nothing to whinge about, now after 1 loss & he dusts off the old excuse book. 6 teams have played there & only 1 has complained about it. He ain't fooling no 1.

• Haha

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
To be fair to Geelong, this was the first game that they have played in during the last 16 years that was umpired by someone other than Joel Selwood.

• Haha
Reactions: 24 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
How much money did the MCC make out of that concert. $Millions, they couldn't pass up that sort of income. It helps pay off their debt.

Ignore Salty he's just a whingeing sook.
Concerts were booked in more than a year ago. Gilligan didn't help things by suddenly deciding the AFL n Meedjia organisations needed more money by adding an extra round n starting the season a week earlier than was expected.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Scott was his usual churlish self. He has a real problem of acknowledging the other side being better on the day/night. His usual comments are along the lines of “WE allowed them to do this” “WE permitted them do that”. He struggles with “THEY were too strong at the clearances” etc.etc.etc. He also will ignore a fine performance by a rival player…anyone remember his dismissal by Charlie Cameron one match where Charlie booted 5 and was the difference in the game. Asked about Cameron “‘oh, no I don’t this so, he was well held by so and so, what did he kick 1 goal or 2?”. Reporter “um he kicked 5 Chris and they won by 32 points”……

He will often also just pump up the tyres of his own player/S. Ratagalea a case in point on Friday night.

Then we get his la la spin.

He starts by saying it would be discourteous to talk about the surface and goes on to do exactly that. Then says he has his private opinion which he will keep to himself but (they) players said to him….etc.etc.etc…..

The only reason Geelong were not pumped was their amazing conversion rate in front of goal on the night. If I remember rightly they were 13 goals 1 behind at one stage.

They went from 21 points up to lose by 22 points to a team that outplayed them. Reminded me of a couple of finals against them by us in the last few years.

Was bloody impressed by Collingwood. Last year May be no flash in the pan. That’s concerning.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Scott was his usual churlish self. He has a real problem of acknowledging the other side being better on the day/night. His usual comments are along the lines of “WE allowed them to do this” “WE permitted them do that”. He struggles with “THEY were too strong at the clearances” etc.etc.etc. He also will ignore a fine performance by a rival player…anyone remember his dismissal by Charlie Cameron one match where Charlie booted 5 and was the difference in the game. Asked about Cameron “‘oh, no I don’t this so, he was well held by so and so, what did he kick 1 goal or 2?”. Reporter “um he kicked 5 Chris and they won by 32 points”……

He will often also just pump up the tyres of his own player/S. Ratagalea a case in point on Friday night.

Then we get his la la spin.
Old Salty been taking his media lessons from tennis players. They rarely acknowledge their opponents to any great degree. It's always all about them n how maybe they just didn't execute their all conquering game properly.

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
:mhihi He's a funny character is Pricky.

• Haha