The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What a great sundey
Swannies are shiit
And Geelong even more shiitterrr
I'm still filthy that we were robbed of the win against the Lions in the Elimination final last year. We had won 4 games on the bounce and were looking dangerous. I'm certain that we would've slapped the Scats or any of the team in the finals last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Every chance that the Tigers could go 0-3 the next 3 weeks themselves.

Thats what somewhat tempers my giddiness about their crap start.

Tigers need 2 wins out of the next 3 to stay relevant and above 50% with the assistance of the draw.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Every chance that the Tigers could go 0-3 the next 3 weeks themselves.

Thats what somewhat tempers my giddiness about their crap start.

Tigers need 2 wins out of the next 3 to stay relevant and above 50% with the assistance of the draw.
No chance of losing to the Puppies at the G next week.

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Handbaggers are the first reigning premiers since North in 1976 to go 0-3 after winning the flag

I was just about ask when that last happened, but I checked the season stats and I don't think this is correct. Hawthorn beat North in the 76 GF. North won in 77 but they won their first 8 games of the 78 season.

Edit - disregard, I misunderstood the stat. North won the 75 GF and lost their first 3 games in 76. They still managed to finish 3rd at the end of season though. Serves me right for questioning Sir Swamp Thing!

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Problem is, they’re gonna get off the hook with games against Hawthorn and WCE. Funny how Geelong gets the easiest of 6 weeks to start the season and we get the hardest. They had a *smile* easy draw last year too.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I was just about ask when that last happened, but I checked the season stats and I don't think this is correct. Hawthorn beat North in the 76 GF. North won in 77 but they won their first 8 games of the 78 season.
lolnorf won the 1975 flag and then started 1976 as 0-3. Pussies first team to do this since 1976.

Reactions: 1 user

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Problem is, they’re gonna get off the hook with games against Hawthorn and WCE. Funny how Geelong gets the easiest of 6 weeks to start the season and we get the hardest. They had a *smile* easy draw last year too.
People were saying that last week about the Gold Coast game. Don’t forget Hawks beat them last year when the Handbaggers were flying. Nothing is for certain for this mob now.

Reactions: 2 users